Remove Advertisements

Pallies tanking together...

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Pallies tanking together...

Postby Tinora » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:32 am

I'm hoping I have chosen the correct forum for this.

My question is regarding pally MT and pally OT. Tonight in ZA we were bouncing mobs back and forth. I would judge righteousness to pull and would try to move away but would pull them all still...my pally OT would "roar" only to pull all things back on him. Hunter MD's would work but only for a short time.

What can we do to "fix" this? Thanks!
Tinora

Postby elfjorc » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:47 am

You have to get the timing down. Both of you need to be chucking shields at different mobs, or judging different mobs at the same time, judge one attack another works fine, as long as you d o it right on the pull instead of after the mob has had a few seconds of Holy Shield and Consecrate aggro built up on the other tank.
elfjorc

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:21 am

None of both use shield, lay 2 consecration, judge mobs to get em off the other paladin, profit?

I did a lot of 2 pallyes ZA run, fun times :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:53 am

bring 2 geared tanks and it won't matter who the mobs are on.
Elsie

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:38 pm

One tank makes it easier for all the pulls except the double bear pulls with riders, and of course the bosses that need 2 tanks, so those pulls are easy for one paly to judge one target and the other paly to judge the other target.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Selinaria » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Throwing shields at different targets + judgement is generally enough to get the job done.

Body pull and grab aggro with Judgements is the best method though if it is viable to body pull. That works for 2-3 mobs easily.

Another method for larger pulls is to have one pally drop consecrate in the pull path and one throws his shield. This results in 3 mobs most likely sticking to the shield thrower and the rest going to the pally who dropped consecrate.
Selinaria

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:30 pm

Elsie wrote:bring 2 geared tanks and it won't matter who the mobs are on.
Say that again after tanking a SINGLE bear rider.

Note: Their debuffs and buffs stack.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Selinaria » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Elsie wrote:bring 2 geared tanks and it won't matter who the mobs are on.
Say that again after tanking a SINGLE bear rider.

Note: Their debuffs and buffs stack.

*Shudders at memories of very first ZA run when other tank died to his bear quickly*.......*laughs at how I survived it.....somehow*
Selinaria

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations