Illidan Flame enrage

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Illidan Flame enrage

Postby samsara » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:58 pm

i think it was our overall 4th try last tuesday and we will try again on sunday and tuesday but i'm curious if i were kiting the flame to fare from the glaive or not.

My healer likes to take vids so i can show you our best try so far and have a question. It seems the enraged flame comes from the other side and nuked me down (didn't see that much during the fight .. note to myself .. pull down details XD). Do both flames enrage if one tank is pulling his flame to far?

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=itOozUsazQo

We had one try where 1 flame gone down but i "stupid as i am" died in the eyebeam :( with one down and the other at 13%. Hate such situations :(
samsara

Re: Illidan Flame enrage

Postby ShaiHulud » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:52 am

samsara wrote:i think it was our overall 4th try last tuesday and we will try again on sunday and tuesday but i'm curious if i were kiting the flame to fare from the glaive or not.

My healer likes to take vids so i can show you our best try so far and have a question. It seems the enraged flame comes from the other side and nuked me down (didn't see that much during the fight .. note to myself .. pull down details XD). Do both flames enrage if one tank is pulling his flame to far?

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=itOozUsazQo

We had one try where 1 flame gone down but i "stupid as i am" died in the eyebeam :( with one down and the other at 13%. Hate such situations :(

Flames will charge and enrage if someone in the raid or the other flame is further than 30 yards away from it. It will also enrage if you pull it 30 yards away from its warglaive. I can't watch the video so I can't tell you if you did this or someone in the raid did this or not. But basically you need to work out a kite rotation with your other kiter so you both go north and then both go south or whatever works for you.

Edit: Here is a video I shot on my main of my guilds first Illidan kill. You get a pretty good idea of the kite path we use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ne8Im0e38
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby SSJPred » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:37 am

Flames are Tauntable.. soo the other flame tank should have taunted the flame and taken it over since his was down.
SSJPred

Postby Seloei » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:36 am

Flames enrage if someone is 30 yards or more away from it and then charge that person.
If you go too far from the glaive, he starts hitting for a lot more and there is a big chance you will trigger an enrage rush to the other tank.
There was a real good image in the real azzinoth tank thread about how to move him.

We do him like this:

Pull, i go to the outer circle, JotC, exorcism, consec. Move 2 "blazes" to the side, turn him around, move back to the other in the inner circle (4-5 blazes), back out and rince and repeat. His dead before the 2. "circle' is complete.

The other tank starts in the inner circle and does the same i do.
The only thing that is hard is estimating where that blasted beam is coming and where it's going when you have a huge green slob in your face with the screen glowing all over the place.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:17 am

This is incorrect.

Enrage and Charge are not related.

A flame will Charge if someone gets too far from both swords.
A flame will Enrage if the flame itself gets too far from his glaive.

Obviously, most of the times the 2 things will happen at same time since the flame will charge someone too far, get far from his glaive, and thus enrage. If you however check for example my Illidan video, one of the flame charges the other tank twice and does not enrage.

Notice that the distance of the 2 flames from each other, and the distance from the other sword has no impact on either flames.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Black Temple