Remove Advertisements

AOE Bird Tanking Issues

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

AOE Bird Tanking Issues

Postby blkthunder » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:55 am

So, for some reason i cannot tank the large pack of birds. I cannot ever get a consecrate out due to being chain silenced. I go in in threat gear at just under 600 spell dmg and still cant get a freakin consecrate off. I spam max rank consecrate but can never seem to not be silenced Any suggestions/tips?
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Re: AOE Bird Tanking Issues

Postby inthedrops » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 am

blkthunder wrote:So, for some reason i cannot tank the large pack of birds. I cannot ever get a consecrate out due to being chain silenced. I go in in threat gear at just under 600 spell dmg and still cant get a freakin consecrate off. I spam max rank consecrate but can never seem to not be silenced Any suggestions/tips?

Make sure there is one person constantly dispelling you.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby samsara » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:06 am

hm, you mean the 2 groups with the birds and the 2 guy's just before you enter the room where al'ar is?

Quite easy:

1. Go to the left (or right) back corner.

2. Target on of the Birds

3. Tell one hunter he should pull your target with missdirection

4. cast HS, pop your wings and when you see the birds coming through the door cast frisbee & consceration.

The other tanks can pick out the 2 guys and the dd's can bomb and whatever kill the birds. Thats the way we did it and it worked out quite well.
samsara

Postby blkthunder » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:48 am

well, the thing is the other prot pally doesnt seem to have that problem. He winds up takin most the birds off me even tho i have a 150 spell dmg advantage.

Does the dispelling thing really work?
.............................Do not go gentle into that good night.............................
...........................Rage, rage against the dying of the light...........................
blkthunder

Return to Tempest Keep