Remove Advertisements

Tanking Brutallus: Gearing for it, and surviving it.

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

brutalus

Postby rohanadin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 am

You mean number of hits that landed none crit :lol:
I obviously can,t count from 1 to 6.

thx for the support i appreciate it :D
rohanadin

Postby Arianne » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:12 pm

I'm a bit undergeared to be tanking Brut, but I did successfully tank him yesterday using an avoidance set and ignoring the hp guidelines here (I had about 19.8k hp buffed). Yay for good healers. :x I tried the first attempts with more of an EH set in order to reach the HP requirements and had several wipes. Maybe we just had a better string of luck on the avoidance gearset though.
Arianne

Postby caboom » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:51 am

How much of a reality is Brutalus with my gear? how about Kalecgos?

We skiped them this week because of low decurser atendance but we might try them next week after BT clear and i need to perform. :D

And also were the recomended stats in the 1st post were what you used on progression Worldie or what are you using on a regular basis? Were you 40/21 on progression?

PS: link in my sig.
caboom

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:15 am

Kalecgos you can do right after having downed Illidan, really.

Your avoidance is horrible for Brutallus, don't bother.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby caboom » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:48 am

tnx for the input, i'll leave the warriors to get chewed if i'd be asked to tank it :D
caboom

Postby Io.Draco » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:09 am

caboom wrote:tnx for the input, i'll leave the warriors to get chewed if i'd be asked to tank it :D

So sesame street treating u good? :P
Io.Draco

Postby Mithos » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:36 pm

Nice guide, only just read it :). Just somethign random, though. If you got a shaman in your group, a few interesting things can happen.

First, you will want GoA totem for dodge happyness, since Brutallus becomes easier with avoidance.

Secondly, you MIGHT get your flask/elixirs removed due to hitting the buff cap from too many totems/inspiring presence. There's not a great deal you can do to avoid it except remove things like BoW or Arcane Int (you won't have it if you got the Isle buff tho), I usually don't want a shaman in my group because it has happened actually a lot of times - I had to be compensated flasks by the guild bank because I chugged about 3 in one try and we didn't even kill him.

Thought I'd bring up the whole buff cap thing because it took a while to realise they were actually getting eaten :\.
Mithos

Postby Worldie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:23 am

Having 7 resto druids as healer is bad mkay?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Io.Draco » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:05 am

If not that for that stupid buff cap that would own
Io.Draco

Postby Elsie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:35 am

7 druid healers would basically laugh at any notion of lag-death.
That's what, 7000 HPS+ from the lifebloom alone? Maybe 333 hps from rejuv and 333 from regrowth?
11,662 HPS lawls.
Elsie

Postby Ankiseth » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:46 am

Elsie wrote:7 druid healers would basically laugh at any notion of lag-death.
That's what, 7000 HPS+ from the lifebloom alone? Maybe 333 hps from rejuv and 333 from regrowth?
11,662 HPS lawls.

heaps of heeps? O.o
Ankiseth

Postby Kromix » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:03 am

My guild is worried that a paladin tank would take too much damage compared to a warrior or feral druid (6% from imp RF vs. 10% imp def. stance), which is the reason that I am forced to not tank this encounter. I'm kinda confused about this. Is it substantially harder/worse for a paladin to tank as opposed to a warrior/druid in terms of survivability of the tank?
Kromix

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:36 am

4% more damage taken is heavily countered by the fact the paladin blocks every single hit while the warrior doesnt. Ardent Defender also makes well up for that 4% when it triggers.
Actually, we take less overall damage than a same-stats warrior, in theory at least.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Elsie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:03 pm

brutallus either kills you by a lot or he doesn't kill you at all.

I mean, take:
MH: 8000
OH: 6000
MH 8000
OH:6000

That's 24k damage. The next hit, be it a stomp or meteor slash or MH or OH will kill any tank.

For progression tanking a paladin is pretty good since threat is more an issue than mitigation assuming you have t6+ gear. Druids have a slight advantage in that they can over-armor cap and barkskin for taunt making the learning curve for healers lower.
Elsie

Postby Seloei » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:15 am

Was wondering, is it possible to start off with the first tank getting 2 stacks of the debuff, and the other tank taunting right after the first stomp and getting 3x lashes. Then rince and repeat and you would only hit the "stomp+tank" phase on the 5. one.

Also... bloodberry elixer + major defense vs flask. The elixers still beat it?

Having serious problems surviving the fight with tanks dieing... even when we have 6 healers on them >.>
Seloei

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau