Remove Advertisements

minimum requirements for Zul Aman

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby ldeboer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Voyd wrote:not sure what the OP is asking..main tank or offtank. never tried main tanking, but for offtanking you don't need kara gear at all if your healers are good. just 490 defense and some consumables to boost your low hp.

i only had around 14k hp buffed, 15 k armor, 495 def....mostly all blues a few kara pieces and offtanked the place easily. granted this was with 2 T6 geared healers....but still, i lived just fine tanking 1 bear aspect(human) and the lynx spirit (used iron shield potions), and all the aoe situations in the zone.

dont believe the people who say you need t5 gear/full badge gear to offtank this place...it simply isnt true. you can do anything if the healers are good enough.

Yeah I am going to be a little down on your advice here because you were obviously OT'ing to an MT who was obviously well geared and you are basically acting as damage soak. I imagine most trash pulls he had all the stuff on him and you had maybe 1 target just to make you feel useful.

Little bit hard for the person above who only just has the gear himself to do that. At min requirement level to do ZA there really isnt much between the two tanks stats you are both going to have to deal with a bear/rider and be able survive and heading to dragonhawk and lynxx bosses most of the mobs either stun or mc. I can tell you running in with geared peeps the trash never lives long enuf to even realize it stuns but do it with slow dps and the trash will seem like your worst nightmare.

If you want to rate your DPS I find eagle and bear boss is about 7 min with just adequate dps. You will find good level dps will take them down in about 4min 30sec and T6 will do 3min or less.
ldeboer

Postby SellassieTanks » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:04 am

OK, enough with this OT nonsense, If the MT is worth a darn and a Pally, then all u need is a soaker who can wear plate and a shield...So if u want to OT ZA, that all u need. Troll form on bear is a pansy, spirit of the lynx only kills priests :wink: Dragonhawk is a joke
SellassieTanks

Postby Zorminster » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:46 pm

so can this get an answer for post outlands nerf? I'm about to try it but im quite fearful that im low.

11.9K unbuffed health, def cap, 102.4% avoid

input before i lead 10 people into the raid and attempt to get them saved to soemthign doomed to failure? ;p
Zorminster

Postby Kevrok » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:28 pm

Raids = jokes at this point. As long as you're uncritable with 16k health buffed you should be fine
The customer is always wrong, but you must treat them as if they're right
Kevrok

Postby Zorminster » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:01 am

experience:
you can definately OT ZA w/ 14.5K buffed health, uncrit. our two healers were both sub 850. MT was 20K war though. there were hiccups but we got 3 chests (wiped on lynx w/ 1 minute left) and succeeded w/ a full clear.
Zorminster

Postby TheBaldGuy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:00 am

I just OTed for most of ZA for a Warrior w/~15k HP and *good* gear. I had 10k unbuffed going in, and ~13.5kk unbuffeed armor, def was about 460-ish.

We did it just after a kara run (my second, tanked the first dragon sorry its late spacing the name), so it was a late night and w called it for the night, retry tomorrow. We are at Hexxlord, got 3 chests.

The outdoor bosses were fairly easy. Lynx was easy after RL remembered about the lash. :) (Greater Ward of Shielding came in handy here) I picked up Lynx. A tad on the tricky side w/o a single target taunt but doable. I'm used to MT in my 5-man - pulled aggro a few more times than I should have. :roll:

So I'd say if you've got a good/decent group and at least my meager stats, you stand a pretty good chance at the first 5-6 bosses at least.
TheBaldGuy

Previous

Return to Zul'aman