What Weapon Buffs ?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

What Weapon Buffs ?

Postby Ajax » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:07 pm

A question of 2 parts, part one which will be better spell oil or wight/sharpening stones ?

and considering this when partyed with a shammy which totem will be best for us ? will 101 spell damage with a wight stone out do wind fury etc etc ?

anyone worked this one out yet ?
If death comes to us all, then let it come to the DPS first ;)
Ajax

Postby crabcrouton » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Well I don't have any definitive answers but it's pretty easy to judge them based on what we know.

Sharpening stones give +damage on hit, rather than AP. It'll boost HotR and white damage whereas Wizard oil continues to apply to all of our other abilities (sans ShoR). The Wizard oil will still be pretty good.

The same for WoA vs. WF. WF is actually a bit worse in LK than it is on live since we won't be using SoR, but SoV instead. Currently Recap puts my SoV's 5 stack direct damage as ~1% of total dmg so it's hardly worth buffing.
crabcrouton

Postby MomysLidlMonsta » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:18 pm

The shamy totems have been greatly reworked, so there aren't much collisions now

Earth: agi+str or armor
Air: melee+ranged haste /spellhaste
Fire: spellpower

For weapon buffs I guess me'll stick to wizzard oil (or the quested righteous weapon coating, hope they make a updated version of this for 80). Most weight/sharpening stones only increase weapondamage which doesn't help us much and the best ones give a bit cirt. Windfury is limited to the shamy himself now.
MomysLidlMonsta

Return to WotLK