Downed Brutallus Last Night Trying Felmyst This Week

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Downed Brutallus Last Night Trying Felmyst This Week

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:12 pm

Well I had to sit out for Brutallus (he splattered me during a stomp and then the feral tank came on) anyway my guild got its first kill on him last night and we are doing some Felmyst attempts this week

So is there a good thread and/or videos detailing add pickup
Lightbeard

Postby Mithos » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:22 pm

Gz on Brut and gl on Felmyst :).

This thread, which has a link to Joana using his pickup method and me detailing mine, should help you out.
Mithos

Postby Elsie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:18 pm

Try the felmyst thread.
Elsie

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Going to attempt Felmyst tonight wish me luck
Lightbeard

Postby Mithos » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:25 pm

GL :P, or rather, how did it go? Did you have massive failure on Encapsulate and breath movements? :> THat's what I remember my first tries as.

Encapsulate on [Random person who can't remove it].

Loads of people have died.
Mithos

Postby Maihes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:29 pm

Lawl at my guild still being on Myst.... people don't show up for "wipe" days and people don't pay attention to Encaps and dispell... usually my guild doesn't have problems on fights like this but the whole PTR etc going on.... /sigh.

GL
Maihes

Postby Karador » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:45 pm

about sums up the people that die to encap.

Felmyst - 8000

Raid - 0

And yea Felmyst still wins with my guild sometimes like tonight >.<

WTB 25 Pally raid for Felmyst ..... Me tanking her and skellys, Few Holys and a truckload of rets lol.

25 bubbles and everyone gets gas nova off of themselves and 25 x Concecrates ticking should eat skellys in about 3 seconds :)

And loot would be 3 x Prot Tokens and the Mail legs >.>
Karador

Postby Lightbeard » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:19 pm

It took us 20 attempots to get down phase 1 and survive a full phase 2 but we got a solid add strat down then

We create 2 groups to stand near the south wagons

We all run to north tree after first beam then me and the tanks pick em up and taunt off healers and such

A few healers were being retarded though and stayed behind and got pwnt
Lightbeard

Postby Lightbeard » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:23 pm

We got him to 9% lowest this week the best part was like on our 7th try of the night our MT leaves before we pull and says "o crap gotta go fire"

He comes on and tells us someone started the fire alarm accidentally (on our 11th try). The rest of the night I just MT'd Felmyst and tanked skeletons.

very fun

Gonna run 7 healers next attempts to try and get more dps for that 9% (also we didn't have a lock in raid)

What are you guys thoughts on healing the Encaps groups instead of running thats how we handle it and its been working good so far.
Lightbeard

Postby fafhrd » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:58 pm

felmyst thread covers that question iirc >.>

my thoughts are, we do that (healing encaps) every week, and the only reason it works is we spam major arcane prot pots whenever we see an encap being cast on the group we're in.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Thark » Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:31 pm

We generally run 2 tanks and 9 healers. We run from Encapsulates, and still use AR potions. If someone dies, they don't really have much of an excuse.

This week we did our first 8 healer kill, which they were a little cautious about. It worked out just fine though. Going with 7 is going to be very intense on your healers. We typically have 3 groups. Each group has a Priest and Shaman for group heals. We have 2 paladins for the MT, and a druid to throw out HOTs.

If you're going to try 2 camps, 7 healers, and just healing through the encapsulate, then that is going to be very very healing intense.
Thark

Return to Sunwell Plateau