Remove Advertisements

Getting hosed in H SH gauntlet

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Getting hosed in H SH gauntlet

Postby Archimeades » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:35 am

So I tried my first heroic last night, the daily (Shattered Halls). It was going really well at first, even when I accidentally pulled about 8 mobs at once. :D Scared the rogue, but we got through it fine. Then we got to the gauntlet/archer event........

We were using the "crawling up the edges, fighting in the alcoves" method, and it seemed to work at first. However, when we moved from the first room to the alcove, I could not prevent my healer from getting aggro. I think this may have been because he was a druid and left HoT's ticking as we moved. I tried consecrating in the hall right before the alcove and having the healer and dps all stand in my consecrate, but it seemed like no matter what I did they jumped another player and started the wipe. :cry:

So what can I do here?
Archimeades

Postby Frew » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:48 pm

Was Righteous Fury on? Honestly, I've done it a few times.

What's your spell damage at? Armory?
Image Image
Frew
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Try going halfway up the gauntlet (1-2 alcoves in), right around where the waves of new guys run to you. Drop a consecrate there, and tank down those (and the ones you've picked up). The damage up until then should have been little enough that you don't need pre-HoTs, and bythe time they're in your consecrate there should be very little threat on the healer.

Let DPS catch up, beat down those mobs. Have a bear or warrior OT the pair of spawns that come periodically, if necessarly, while you and/or your healer take a drink. You can then go grab the remaining people (and the 4 at the doorway) and tank them in the last alcove. Tell your DPS it's not a race, and try to conserve mana on the last pull if you can. I often end up using a mana potion before the boss, if I get adds before I can drink, which sometimes sucks when the boss hits be harder than I expect. ;)
Kelaan

Postby guillex » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Dariin wrote:Was Righteous Fury on? Honestly, I've done it a few times.

It's ... all ... in ... his ... sig? =/
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby GothicPL » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Gauntlet mobs are tauntable, and healing aggro is usually a big issue with newly incoming mobs. If you taunt off the healer every CD and potentially BoP the healer in case of emergencies, you'll do it. DPS need to make sure they are killing "older" mobs" first because you have enough aggro on them. They must not touch the new mobs at first.

SH gauntlet is not about gear really, it's about timing and coordination.
GothicPL

Postby Mordinm » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:39 pm

How was the incoming damage on you? The easiest way to help overcome healing threat is to pull more mobs. The tree's agro gets split and the mobs still get hit by the full power of your concecrate. Having 6 to 10 mobs on you will make it a lot easier to grab agro and keep it.
Mordinm

Postby Frew » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:48 pm

Guillex wrote:

Work blocks all images, yet still let's me link to Armory...
Image Image
Frew
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Dariin wrote:
Guillex wrote:

Work blocks all images, yet still let's me link to Armory...

Gotcha!

Here ya go then:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... rchimeades
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ldeboer » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Guillex will remember my very post was about this and they told me about the tank it backwards walk :-)

These days I just use the big run and pull in 2 sections approach which I dont recommend until you out gear it.

However there is one common instruction I always give no matter which way I do it.

>>> Healer plz stand behind but near me in the consecrate AOE <<<

Even if they agro on healer they must pass thru the consecrate ring and to actually hit him they must stop and position themself for the swing which means they will definitely get hit by consecrate.

I have seen adds run right across consecrate and paste the healer if the healer isnt in the actual consecrate itself.
ldeboer

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics