Remove Advertisements

Teron Gorefiend

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Eanin » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:06 am

How do people handle the pull on Gorefiend? I was thinking Holy Shield, Avenging Wrath, Avenger's Shield, Judge Crusader, Exorcism, Consecrate, then move him to the back. My main worry is that he may be one of those bosses whose aggro range is larger than Avenger's Shield Range. I could alternatively just run right in and Holy Shield then pop AWrath and Exorcism for a quick threat lead.
Eanin

Postby honorshammer » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 am

Eanin wrote:How do people handle the pull on Gorefiend? I was thinking Holy Shield, Avenging Wrath, Avenger's Shield, Judge Crusader, Exorcism, Consecrate, then move him to the back. My main worry is that he may be one of those bosses whose aggro range is larger than Avenger's Shield Range. I could alternatively just run right in and Holy Shield then pop AWrath and Exorcism for a quick threat lead.

We usually use Misdirect.
honorshammer

Postby Eanin » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:15 am

Well, that too :). I just didn't want him to walk up and crush me while I was still casting Avenger's Shield, which is why I was worried about his aggro range.
Eanin

Postby Ozelot » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:32 pm

I pull with Avengers Shield. Haven't gotten a single crush yet. The only problem for crushing for me is when I run into him and turn him. I want to be facing the entrance for some reason. Habit thingy I think.

I usually put on a Greater Rune of Shielding when I pull only to reduce some extra damage until healers get into position. PW:Shield is also a nice benefit.

If you feel unsafe about it, pull with exorcism. :-D
I break sheep.
Ozelot

Postby Azulito » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:39 am

why turn him?

let everyone run in and get behind him. am i missing something ( i bet i am)
Azulito

Postby Vasilissa » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:03 am

I use wrath and pull with exorcism running towards him. While passing through him (and turning him) I drop consecration and jor. One of the hunters is md'ing on me at the same time.
Vasilissa

Postby caboom » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:22 am

And about crushes, if you are rly afraid of them HS 1st the AS, AS cast should be done by the time he starts meleeing u, but your hp looks good enough to take a crush from him tho :P
caboom

Postby elfjorc » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:08 am

Azulito wrote:why turn him?

Agreed, just tanked him today (first time raiding on Pally lolz) and there really isn't a point to turning him imo, I just exorcised and went into it with AW and a destro pot.

Btw, hai!
elfjorc

Postby Vasilissa » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:48 am

It's easier for melee to run away from him if he is turned and the tank is standing with his back towards the wall. Is turing him really so big effort?
Vasilissa

Postby caboom » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:53 am

Vasilissa wrote:It's easier for melee to run away from him if he is turned and the tank is standing with his back towards the wall. Is turing him really so big effort?

he's a slow hitter so it should be no problem in between swings, isn't it?
caboom

Postby Vasilissa » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:05 am

Maybe I'm talking about details, but this gives a little more time for dps to stay and dealing dmg before running to the back of the room with Shadow of Death debuff. So I still state that he should be turned.
Vasilissa

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:59 am

Vasilissa wrote:Maybe I'm talking about details, but this gives a little more time for dps to stay and dealing dmg before running to the back of the room with Shadow of Death debuff. So I still state that he should be turned.
And I say that with him where he is and the dps on the wall the constructs have to travel a little more to reach them, giving the ghost more time to beat them. So I still state the he shouldn't be turned.

Results: Do whatever you're more comfortable with.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby caboom » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:22 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Vasilissa wrote:Maybe I'm talking about details, but this gives a little more time for dps to stay and dealing dmg before running to the back of the room with Shadow of Death debuff. So I still state that he should be turned.
And I say that with him where he is and the dps on the wall the constructs have to travel a little more to reach them, giving the ghost more time to beat them. So I still state the he shouldn't be turned.

Results: Do whatever you're more comfortable with.

I for one have a habbit of turning bosses i tank around, even if they don't do any frontal aoes and stuff. :)
caboom

Postby Azulito » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:56 am

elfjorc wrote:
Azulito wrote:why turn him?

Agreed, just tanked him today (first time raiding on Pally lolz) and there really isn't a point to turning him imo, I just exorcised and went into it with AW and a destro pot.

Btw, hai!

ZOMG hai noob.

and yeah, destro pots > IS pots heheh.. as i stated in the other GF thread :P

and yeah, i'm pretty sure it's easier for melee to run to the back if they are already facing that way, and are closer to the back.. either way, maybe i'm just against turning him because the first time i pulled him and tried to do that, i got crushed for like 15k.

BTW, i wouldn't pop AW for the pull... i normally cast HS, start running in, cast AS, cast exo, judge SotC first, then on my next judgement CD, pop wings, spell dmg trink, and destro pot. TPS is nice there, and you can tell your shammies to pop heroisms/bloodlust right then and there :).
Azulito

Postby Rónin » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:11 am

I main tanked him yesterday for our first serious tries and what I have noticed is that you can best pull him in two different ways, but always combined with a certain method of positioning. In my opinion these work the best:
  1. pull him with Avenger's Shield, you have to turn him though as he will be to near you to get him at the bottom of the stairs;
  2. pull him with Exorcism, in this way you can be quick enough to tank him in the "normal" way, with his back facing the balcony wall.
I also noticed that his hits are damaging me for 7k to 8.7k normal hits, where some people here state that this is too much for the fight. Is it? Because I never had the feeling that I was in too much danger to get killed.

Ok, I have to admit that we just got him to 49%, as people were really lacking on the construct job, so the fight will put more and more restrain onto our healers, later on in the fight. But, then I have my Ironshield, Nightmare Seeds, LoH, HS and pots. My health pool is up to >20k on the fight in a guarenteed raid buff situation (without shout). So, what do you think, do I take too much damage for the fight?

My current profile (2008/09/17) on the armory is the gear set which I used on the fight.

For the ones looking for macros for this fight, I have setup two of them which will do for the killing part on the construct game. These are:

Code: Select all
#showtooltip Spirit Chains
/castsequence reset=15 Spirit Volley, Spirit Chains
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Spirit Lance
/cast [target=mouseover] Spirit Lance

Spam the first macro till the chains are up (you AoE-ed them once already), move in front of them and mouseover the targets to apply the slowing debuff with spamming them with lance one by one. Rinse and repeat. Again, I still have to do the constructs for the first time, as I always MT on this one, but I use them as my "oh-shit" buttons, when my bars are not showing up. I still think that the original buttons will do ok, after playing the flashing game multiple times :wink: .

Regards,
Rónin

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple