New talent specs from 3.0.2 @ level 70

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lumennon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:24 pm

Jensaarai wrote:No Judgements of the Just? 2/5 Parry? 3/5 Benediction? 3/5 Anticipation? o.O skip Seals of the Pure first...

Actually, I'd rather not lower my attackers' swing speed on purpose until I start getting into the instance running / raiding routine again, where it's a must, of course.
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Ariashley » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:59 pm

I assume people are talking about raiding at 70 still, before the new game hits the stands. There will be about a 6 week period with these new talents at 70.

I was thinking http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xVA0uGteIRGox

Similar to what most people were linking. I shorted Redoubt 1 point to take kings. At my gear level (really only heroic and ZA and Kara tank - raid Sunwell on my rogue), the kings is probably more important than the Redoubt.

Does anyone else think that Divine Guardian actually looks like a not terrible talent? I definitely think I'm going to convince the 2 other paladins in my guild that copied their characters to the PTR to all be prot and go three man an instance for the heck of it to play with some of these talents. I need to look at the math on the value of points in Redoubt vs Kings/Imp Kings.
Ariashala - Level 70 Tankadin
Ariashley - Level 70 Rogue
Ariashley

Postby Lumennon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:09 pm

Ariashley wrote:I assume people are talking about raiding at 70 still, before the new game hits the stands.

That's a different story indeed.

In that case, http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1533312321
Ebbitt wrote:Arthas is sitting there watching over the front door then... SURPRISE BUTTSECKS, we just got inside by the back door and facerolled all your defenses.
Lumennon
Maintankadonor

Postby Msbehaviour » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Yeah I am talking about continuing to raid with the new trees until WotLK is released. I'm really not sure I want to reduce melee attack speed. I've got no trouble tanking the trash we face (we're only at T5 and peering at Hyjal
). And bosses aren't hitting hard enough (or even often enough) for it to be an issue for me at the level we're at. (It strikes me as better for my mana to not do so yet.
Msbehaviour

Postby Sechs » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:05 pm

Yeah I am talking about continuing to raid with the new trees until WotLK is released. I'm really not sure I want to reduce melee attack speed. I've got no trouble tanking the trash we face (we're only at T5 and peering at Hyjal
). And bosses aren't hitting hard enough (or even often enough) for it to be an issue for me at the level we're at. (It strikes me as better for my mana to not do so yet.

Mana will really not be a problem with the current BoSanc, last night i keept myself in combat for over 20 mins chain pulling mobbs while grinding. xD

I know bosses don't hit as much as 3+ mobbs do but they do hit alot harder which should compensate for it.

Standard build i will go for, If threat proves to be a problem without ShoR i will take 5 points out of deflection and add it to Seal of the pure.
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1533312321
Sechs

Postby Mithos » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:27 pm

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xVAbzgteIoGoxo

works out pretty well. I am a fan of Divine Guardian mainly due to my experiences in Sunwell, and the fact we will still be raiding it once 3.0 hits. I can mini-shield wall the other tank during Stomp/Corrision (not so needed on corrision but woudl be nice for progression at least), soak a lot of raid damage at twins/M'uru/KJ, and help during enrage at Kalec.

People shoot it down but I think it has a lot of potential.
Mithos

Postby rodos » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Divine Guardian looks like complete hax any time you're not actually being hit. Places where this might be fun to use in BC raids (up to ZA, since that's all I've done):
  • Shade of Aran
  • Magtheridon during the 30% shatter if you're not MT
  • Hex Lord spirit bolts (he stops melee when he does this, iirc)
  • As a panic button in any fight with a tank rotation, or with a traditional "off tank" spot (moroes, gruul, nalorakk, halazi)

Also, is Shield of the Templar worth taking before 75? Seems to me that 30% on AS and HS is not much, especially since HS had it's bonus threat removed, and will not scale nearly so well as other abilities.
rodos

Postby Msbehaviour » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:19 am

I think it might be. The 7% + 7% + 846...add 30% and you're at a fairly good number. With RF up it still looks like a pretty good frontloader
Msbehaviour

Postby Aviendha » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:21 am

Mine, using the current talent trees :

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin ... 1533310321

But as Chiv said, there are some talents missing, so it's kind of pointless to speculate right now.
Aviendha

Previous

Return to WotLK