Remove Advertisements

What libram do you use for Mount Hyjal trash?

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

What libram do you use for Mount Hyjal trash?

Postby kaisaa » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:23 am

I have always slapped on my old concecration libram for tanking mount hyjal trash. My holy shield charges always get eaten up so I figured why bother with the libram of repentance...might as well get a little extra threat with my concecration libram.

However, i just joined a new guild last week and the pally class leader is the other pally tank for mount hyjal trash (they run with two pally tanks on trash there). We were standing around waiting to start and I guess he inspected me because then in /say he was making fun of my libram and the fact that I wasn't wearing the libram of repentance. So I am second guessing myself. Am I missing something, do I need to wear the libram of repentance?

What libram do most use for hyjal trash?
kaisaa

Re: What libram do you use for Mount Hyjal trash?

Postby Ulrik » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:08 am

kaisaa wrote:...holy shield charges always get eaten up so I figured why bother with the libram of repentance...might as well get a little extra threat with my concecration libram.

Exactally what I think. Not like trash crushes anyway. Maybe he needs it for bosses and figures you do as well. Or he's wearing a low avoid high BR/BV set. Or doesn't understand that it's only when HS is active (which is really dumb).

If he's actually giving you crap just point out he's probably getting his increased effect for maybe 3 seconds out of 10. Librams are fairly minor anyway. I wouldn't worry.
Ulrik

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:39 am

The one i have equipped at that time.

srsly, they all suck.

Maybe the BV libram and Consecration libram are semi decent, actually.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Frickit » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:43 am

Libram of Divine Purpose...cuz its the only threat libram I have.
I just make sure to switch into an uncrushable getup if needed for tanking a boss who crushes...I think some of the bosses dont even crush in there.
For infernals and doomguards obviously you wont need Repentence.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:09 pm

BV pretty much...

More SoR threat: lol aoe?
More BLock Rating on holy shield: lol gone in 2 seconds regardless?
More consecration damage: hm, ok.
More block value: hm, ok

The last 2 are the only ones that add any real value to tanking hyjal waves.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:15 am

Snake-Aes wrote:BV pretty much...

More SoR threat: lol aoe?
More BLock Rating on holy shield: lol gone in 2 seconds regardless?
More consecration damage: hm, ok.
More block value: hm, ok

The last 2 are the only ones that add any real value to tanking hyjal waves.

With the amount of tanks there usually is, I'd much rather have the fatter judgments to bring things to me. BV will make me go oom way too fast. I dont have the consecration one.
Frickit

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:51 am

On waves I don't take significant damage I'm not judging much either. SoW+JoW, exorcism on main target. BV libram procs and I go "lol i'm not taking damage!"
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:10 am

Libram of repentance is stupid unless you need it for uncrushable, sorry.

If you are tanking, you are going to be getting heals. The microscopic mitigation you'll gain when AOE tanking is going to be the difference between 20% overheal and 19.9% overheal, since holy shield charges are almost always going to be consumed very quickly.

The consecrate libram is considerably better, generally speaking. An argument can be made for the Mother (BV) libram, but by the time you have that, you probably completely outgear Hyjal trash anyway, so the add'l BV is just going to affect overheal statistics.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Meehnea » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:50 am

I use the Libram of Wracking atm, for 150 spellpower for Exorcism and Holy Wrath! Infact, thats my main libram for tanking MH/BT! Really imba:)
Meehnea

Postby Meehnea » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:51 am

I use the Libram of Wracking atm, for 150 spellpower for Exorcism and Holy Wrath! Infact, thats my main libram for tanking MH/BT! Really imba:)
Meehnea

Return to Mt. Hyjal