Remove Advertisements

weaponspeed: now completely agnostic?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

weaponspeed: now completely agnostic?

Postby Candiru » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:21 am

Now that hammer of the righteous seems to be 100% normalised, rather than the "normal" way of being normalised it seems to make no difference how fast you weapon is. I was hitting for the same with 1.6 and 1.8 weapons with identical dps stats.

If you are using Seal of Righteousness, you will want a slow weapon. But with vengeance the only difference will be the instant damage proc at 5 stacks from hammer of the righteous, which isn't really all that much.
Candiru

Postby Norrath » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:35 am

Seal of Righteousness scales with weapon speed.

SoV gets slightly more out of a faster weapon in that it stacks it faster. That's pretty much it.

The instant damage proc also scales with weapon speed.
Norrath

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:36 am

Hold on.

For SoR doesn't matter the speed of the weapon. The DPS of the seal remains the same.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Candiru » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:51 am

No Worldie, the DAMAGE of SoR depends on weapon speed. And when you press your "hammer" button, you get a bonus SoR proc.

Do you want this to be large or small?

:)

If SoV is still >> SoR (I haven't run the numbers with the new coefficients) then we won't care about weapon speed, other than faster = better for stacking SoV, and speeds much faster than 2.0 will loose reckoning charges, but that's only going to be white damage lost with SoV really.)
Candiru

Postby Melathys » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:06 am

ag·nos·tic

/ægˈnɒstɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ag-nos-tik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.
2. a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.
–adjective
3. of or pertaining to agnostics or agnosticism.
4. asserting the uncertainty of all claims to knowledge.
Melathys

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:09 am

Candiru wrote:No Worldie, the DAMAGE of SoR depends on weapon speed. And when you press your "hammer" button, you get a bonus SoR proc.

That's definitively cheating, you'll now get a 24 days forum ban for proving me being wrong.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Candiru » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:11 am

:(
Candiru

Postby Spiggless » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:33 am

Worldie wrote:
Candiru wrote:No Worldie, the DAMAGE of SoR depends on weapon speed. And when you press your "hammer" button, you get a bonus SoR proc.

That's definitively cheating, you'll now get a 24 days forum ban for proving me being wrong.

Pwnt.
Spiggless

Postby Levantine » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:38 am

Spiggless wrote:
Worldie wrote:

Pwnt.

And this is why we never question what Worldie says.
Levantine

Postby daemonym » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:53 am

Worldie wrote:

i lol'd irl at this one. but on topic, weapon speed no longer being an issue makes me happy. it definately opens up a lot more options for which pig sticker to hunt for. but considering almost nobody does ZA on my server it seems and not able to farm hyjal trash for the cotten candy mace, seems my crystalforged blade is going to hang around a bit longer still. :(
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Bayani » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:04 am

well I thought I would be ok with my sword from malacrass and my mh candyfloss bit seems I should have picked up the axe from supremus two weeks ago! Now my character is stuck on beta without a fast, high SPs weapon! :( anyone got any ideas or know of a quest reward in northrend!?
Life is But a Dream! ~
Bayani

Postby Bayani » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:04 am

Double post ftw!!
Last edited by Bayani on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life is But a Dream! ~
Bayani

Postby Valentear » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:06 am

On PTR currently (The very buggy PTR, not Beta) there is about a 200 damage difference between my Hammer of Judgement and my Breeching Comet. From what I can tell, weapon speed makes a difference.
Valentear

Postby Neuron » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:06 am

there are several 1handers from quest rewards. the biggest is the ampitheatre reward around level 76ish.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:10 am

Valentear wrote:On PTR currently (The very buggy PTR, not Beta) there is about a 200 damage difference between my Hammer of Judgement and my Breeching Comet. From what I can tell, weapon speed makes a difference.

Hammer of Judgement
Binds when picked up
Main Hand Mace
19 - 129 Damage Speed 1.80
(41.3 damage per second)
+33 Stamina
+22 Intellect
Durability 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Equip: Improves hit rating by 22 (1.4% @ L70).
Equip: Increases spell power by 236.

Breeching Comet
Binds when picked up
One-Hand Axe
167 - 312 Damage Speed 2.60
(92.1 damage per second)
+18 Agility
+15 Stamina
Yellow Socket
Socket Bonus: +4 Attack Power
Durability 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Equip: Increases attack power by 40.

With a 50 DPS difference I sure hope you're seeing a difference.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Next

Return to WotLK