Imp Righteous Fury to 10%

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Eaglestrike » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:40 pm

I would just like to see our BV increased to being higher than warriors, at the very least overall. It's "unfair" to make RF 10% less damage taken, as warriors lose 10% damage dealth by switching to defensive stance.

I'd rather see warriors have the pure avoidance/mitigation advantage, but us to have a more clear advantage in terms of consistant damage taken and health. Sort of like in BC I would have liked to see paladins be the middle ground between the strengths of a warrior and a druid. Health somewhat in between them, more BV than a warrior and blocking all the attacks would make us less spiky and 'easier' to heal, while also giving warrior an advantage of taking less actual damage. They seem to somewhat be moving towards this, though I'm not sure they are seeing things how I am, as they give us more BV in gear (tier gear) but not glyphs/abilities so far and we're lower on health.
Eaglestrike

Postby Nich » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:42 pm

I'll accept AD as being our version of the extra 4% warriors get, if they fix it (whichever way) to not be leapfroggable still.

4% always on > AD sometimes on
Nich

Postby Eaglestrike » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Nich wrote:I'll accept AD as being our version of the extra 4% warriors get, if they fix it (whichever way) to not be leapfroggable still.

4% always on > AD sometimes on

That'd be pretty broken, imo. Maybe put a cooldown on that non-leapfroggable part, otherwise you are basically putting 30% more health on a tank which is very strong.

So what you'd have is if you get a 12k hit at 10k/25k health you'd take 8215 damage and save you. But have a 30s cooldown on that happening, so for 30s afterwards a 12k hit at 10k/25k would still hit you for 12k. It'd have a "cheat death" effect in that you would pretty much survive 1 extra hit every 30s, which for tanking purposes is all you "should" need or your raid has either gear or competence issues.

But to clarify, AD would still work as it currently does if you're below the 35% health threshold, it just wouldn't cut attacks by 30% when still above this threshold but once every 30s.
Eaglestrike

Postby Elsie » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Just make AD proc for 5/10 seconds every 30/45 seconds.
Then you have an excuse for adding AD-style 4-pc bonus to tier.
Elsie

Postby InspiredOgre » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:58 pm

There are plenty of mods/ways for you to know when AD is up/effective/whatever...

Is there a mod out there that can post it to raid/emote/say/yell/g/p/whatever, so like, I hit it, and it goes "I am now being saved by the LIGHT!"

That way, I can run it to show my healers, (who think its the most stupid talent, cause apparently, I am never that low long enough for it to matter (says they.))
Protection Paladin Ludux...
Death Knight Ludeux...
Enchanter Ludus...
of Nazgrel

Death Knight Ludeux of Northrend

Paladin Ludeux of Murmur
InspiredOgre

Postby Macha » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:23 am

Kael'thas Commendation effect would solve this.
Macha

Postby Eaglestrike » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:00 am

Macha wrote:Kael'thas Commendation effect would solve this.

"Attacks which bring you below 35% health give you the Ardent Defender effect, reducing all damage taken by 30% for 8s. Effect can only happen every 30 seconds." ?

And then just make it also work for the hit that would proc the buff. That'd be a boss tanking buff and trash tanking nerf. Which honestly we do kinda need atm.
Eaglestrike

Postby hotlips » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:11 am

Blessing of sanctuary gives you another 3% dmg reduction... a 3% you can rely on, a warrior can't, since he'll always need a pala for that.
hotlips

Postby Khayne » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:49 am

the 4% doesn´t even bother me that much, it would be nice to even up that thing, but i dont feel too bad about it.

i´d want more that we´d be closer to our tauren warriors health amounts before the expansion is ending. I dont want to see all paladins at 1,5k less health at pre-naxx gear. That is a much bigger eye sore to me. I honestly dont see how holy or ret paladins would become that overpowered in pvp even if whole paladin class had abit more base health.

on that topic, could someone in beta tell me how close the avoidance/mitigation/health are between us and warriors, and how much health did the tauren racial end up being?

i remember it was said to be tuned to the character being in equal level greens or blue iirc, so it shouldn´t scale once they reach lvl 80.

just get a lvl80 tauren and non-tauren warrior friend both drop all gear and see how much hp difference there is :) .
Khayne

Postby Noradin » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:09 am

Murbella wrote:powa aura set to display a HUGE graphic in the middle of your screen when RF is not active will pretty much end forgetting to put rf up again

We shouldn't need an addon for something essential for our spec.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Velgarn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:50 am

hotlips wrote:Blessing of sanctuary gives you another 3% dmg reduction... a 3% you can rely on, a warrior can't, since he'll always need a pala for that.

True enough, but why have me tank when I can just cast BoS on the warrior... and then he's ahead again. That's what most twink guilds are gonna do anyways.

Renames his class "Real Ultimate Trash Tank!" >_> Go Go Ardent Defender! :(

I don't really want to be a clone of a warrior, but I'd like our mitigation to be as equal as possible overall, but it just doesn't really seem to be there at the moment. There are plenty of ways to modify this, RF is just a simple one.

On a side note: <3 ZOMGBuffs for automatically casting RF whenever it gets down to 10 min... now if I could only ever remember how to auto remove salv in a macro... :lol: - although come LK, I won't need too anymore. YAY!
Velgarn

Postby InspiredOgre » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:02 am

Noradin wrote:
Murbella wrote:powa aura set to display a HUGE graphic in the middle of your screen when RF is not active will pretty much end forgetting to put rf up again

We shouldn't need an addon for something essential for our spec.

Um..... wtf?

it is essential.... having a giant GONG go off 3 inches from your ear = not essential.

There are plenty of folks that use RF without assistance... I guess we are just more skilled?

If anyone has a real QQ about buffs, it should be warriors, theirs last only 2 minutes!
Protection Paladin Ludux...
Death Knight Ludeux...
Enchanter Ludus...
of Nazgrel

Death Knight Ludeux of Northrend

Paladin Ludeux of Murmur
InspiredOgre

Postby trellian » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:58 am

Velgarn wrote:now if I could only ever remember how to auto remove salv in a macro...

Get the Damnation addon, it'll auto-remove salvation...
http://wowace.com/wiki/Damnation
trellian

Postby Dehn » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:14 am

I do not really want AD changed.

I was basically below 8k health for like 20 seconds at kalecgos last night which 2 paladins with +100 cast time being the healers outside that could focus on me...

without AD I'd had died.
Dehn

Previous

Return to WotLK