Remove Advertisements

Maiden even possible?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Maiden even possible?

Postby Xhadrian » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:06 pm

Last night was our first guild run of Kara and we downed Attumen and Moroes!
Got our way to maiden and we had some major problems with her, I had the warrior OT, tank her because I thought because of the silence it would be better for him and not me, he has worse gear than me and kept getting owned every time she would repentance, would it be possible for me to tnak her and how? the silence she was doing was giving me a hard time casting my instant cast even though i wasn't tanking, so I'd figure i wouldnt be able to keep holy sheild up the whole fight would i?
any help would be greatly apreicated we fixed our line of sight issues we had the first couple times but we kept getting her to 50% and wiping :(
Xhadrian

Postby honorshammer » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:15 pm

Not only possible but done by many Paladins including myself.

Assume a 2 tank/3 Healer/5 DPS arrangement.

1 Healer (preferably one with HoTs) on the main tank at all times. Assign 1 person to cleanse the Holy Fire off group 1, one person to cleanse group 2. A paladin healer should be keeping up Blessing of Sacrifice on the tank at all times so he can heal through the repentance aided by the HoTs.

When I tanked her I just had to "spam" my buttons. If Holy Shield was at less than 4 on the cooldown start spamming and don't stop til it back up.

Normally I leave her to my wingman (incredible Feral Druid).
honorshammer

Postby Lore » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:28 pm

Just killed her last night with my alt kara group, this was our tank: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Faelure

Wasn't easy, but she died and the tank didn't.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Joonho » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:11 pm

Killed her last night with 9 ppl and only two healers.

It's not hard to work around her silences, as they pretty much come on a very specific timer. Just make sure your group doesn't expect you to cleanse...
Joonho

Postby Magnusharkov » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:20 pm

I tanked her the other day, the actual tanking part was easy, the silence isnt really that big a deal, just keep hammering away at holy shield. The hard part is persuading your healers to keep on dispelling holy fire!
Magnusharkov

Postby Everlight » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 pm

When we started Kara, I always tanked Maiden. It's mostly a matter of spamming the hell out of your instants, focusing on keeping Consecration and HS up, and let the seals fit in where they can. The silence in a nuisance but it's not a show-stopper. Heck, I usually helped with dispelling her Holy Fire while tanking her.

Nowadays I heal while our Feral Druid tanks the encounter. This gives us two dispels, and avoids the need to have a healer step into Holy Ground (Blessing of Sacrifice).

A few tips to help you out;

1. Your tank needs to be topped off before Repentance, so he has the HP pool to survive if a healer isn't positioned properly.
2. You can use DS to break out of Repentance.
3. You can use Blessing of Sacrifice on the tank to break out of Repentance.
4. You can put one of your healers in the Holy Ground before the Repentance so that the Holy Ground breaks it.
5. I advise against the tank trying to move her during Repentance to Holy Ground out a healer, unless it's really really urgent. She has a tendency to walk behind the tank and crush him in the back if you try and move her.

This fight is mostly a healer/dispel fight. Holy Fire needs to be dispelled fast.
Everlight

Postby Kayoto » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:17 pm

Lore wrote:Just killed her last night with my alt kara group, this was our tank: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Faelure

Crushable AND crittable. That must've been some awesome healing in that raid. :O
Kayoto

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:28 pm

Very possible, done it already many times, but i passed the tanking to the warrior/druid every time i can since its quite boring to tank there, and i helped with healing and dispelling, since you need to time your skills with the silence. You have about 1 second between each silence to press the button to have the skill casted.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

yeah

Postby Mavrix » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:03 am

Yeah, it's not bad really. Holding aggro isn't the issue. Important to keep HS up which leads to a lot of button mashing at times. Ultimately, though, it's a healer/dispeller fight more than a tank fight or dps fight.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Darus » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:07 am

Just spam the cd's so you can get to the window where silence weres off, this is np, was tanking her back when i only had blues.
Darus

SoV...

Postby Aular » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:32 am

...not sure if you're a horde or alliance Pally tank, but I usually try to keep Seal of Vengeance up, too, to add extra holy damage on Maiden (in addition to all stated above). By far, though, holy shield is your first priority.

The only other thing I'd add is to have KTM threat meter or Omen/Threat running and be proactive about telling people getting to close to you in threat to SLOW DOWN. I sometimes have to remind warlocks and mages that the fight is threat sensitive. :D
Aular

Postby Lore » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:34 am

Kayoto wrote:
Lore wrote:Just killed her last night with my alt kara group, this was our tank: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Faelure

Crushable AND crittable. That must've been some awesome healing in that raid. :O

I'm an amazing priest, what can I say :D

2 Holy Priests + Resto Shaman healing him. There were 4 melee DPS too, it was basically the worst Maiden group ever. Prayer of Mending is godly, kids.
Lore
Global Mod

Re: SoV...

Postby honorshammer » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:57 am

Aular wrote:...not sure if you're a horde or alliance Pally tank, but I usually try to keep Seal of Vengeance up, too, to add extra holy damage on Maiden (in addition to all stated above). By far, though, holy shield is your first priority.

The only other thing I'd add is to have KTM threat meter or Omen/Threat running and be proactive about telling people getting to close to you in threat to SLOW DOWN. I sometimes have to remind warlocks and mages that the fight is threat sensitive. :D

"Okay I want to DPS slowly and when I say slowly I mean ()&(^@# slowly."

I love that video.
honorshammer

Postby dragontongue » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:03 am

honestly i find for maiden keep seal up (Dont judge here), spam holy shield and consecrate and keep a finger on your cleanse to help out your healers. i find as long as you spam your constant threat abilities, seal/consecrate/holy shield. should be fine without to much issue.
dragontongue

Return to Karazhan