Felmyst Phase 2

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Felmyst Phase 2

Postby towelliee » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:52 am

Last night I was finally in our SWP Raid for Felmyst. I have seem countless videos of how the Paladin Tank grabs the skeletons. I saw a method where the paladin waited a good 4 secondS after the cloud spammed and casted wrath then concecrated in the middle cloud.

Our problem seemed to be where people were heading as the beams came down. I have a few questions and need advice.

- Does the entire raid spread out minute Felmyst takes flight?
- Does the raid move away from me and the beamed person? Does the beamed person go notrth south or east west?
- Should I spec back into cookie cutter for shield throw to easily grab the adds?
- How do paladins get from one beam to the next so fast?

We had our Druids and Warriors grab the second beamed persons ekeltons and bought them to me but there was always people running around in a panic. So eventually we had everyone spread out and once second beam of skeletons came out everyone grouped at the tree away from fire and then decide where to move from there.

Just a bit confused on how to follow the beam itself in general
towelliee

Re: Felmyst Phase 2

Postby inthedrops » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:05 am

towelliee wrote:We had our Druids and Warriors grab the second beamed persons ekeltons and bought them to me but there was always people running around in a panic. So eventually we had everyone spread out and once second beam of skeletons came out everyone grouped at the tree away from fire and then decide where to move from there.

There are multiple strats that work. The one I quoted is what we do. When he first goes into the air everyone spreads out but is kinda in the central area and tries to keep moving until we see who got the beam. Whoever gets the beam (including if it's me) heads "outwards" from the raid in a straight line.

I grab all the skellies from the first beam and start taking them over nearer the tree where we eventually collapse. If the second beam is close then I'll quickly hop over to it and consecrate/judge/exor to pick as many off as I can. But that's not always possible. What I don't get the other tank who is actually tanking Felmyst does a pretty good job of grabbing. Between us two tanks, taunts, and the healers knowing that they need to stand in a smart position so that their healing agro brings them into my consecrate we don't have any problems, ever. I also have one paladin healer who keeps RF up because it helps to know which healer is more likely to have some agro to taunt from.

I know some people thing the taunt thing is risky but it doesn't fail us as long as the raid is intelligent about it (The healer can't be standing in a dumb spot between me and the skellies for example)

AS is required in the slightest but it doesn't hurt.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:41 pm

I tank both Felmyst herself, and skeleton adds, and my method is this:

As each beam spawns, drop a consecrate right on the starting point of it, then start running around, spamming reseal.
As next beam spawns, run to it, drop a consecrate on the start of it, and then run around some more, spamming seal.
Run back and forth and around and about for a little to bunch all the skellies up, all the while spamming seal, and then run to the collapse point.
when the massive pack of skellies gets close to you, Holy Wrath.

Thats it.
Normally, 100% of the skeletons are mine every time.

You can watch my method for yourself in the movie I posted.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby towelliee » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Can you link me please?
towelliee

Re: Felmyst Phase 2

Postby Ankiseth » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:56 pm

towelliee wrote:- Does the entire raid spread out minute Felmyst takes flight?

yes. this is to prevent people from standing in the nasty green crap on the ground.
towelliee wrote:- Does the raid move away from me and the beamed person? Does the
beamed person go notrth south or east west?

The way WE do it(that makes things VERY VERY easy for me:
(Note: we do a 2 camp + melee felmyst strat which lends itself well to this)
The raid spreads out north to southish in two lines. roughly. Running north/south.
If a person is targetted, they run OUTSIDE the raid(If they're east, go east. If they're west, go west). This does 2 things. 1, it prevents green stuff from being in the running path. 2, it means skeletons to run to the raid have a ways to go. If you lay a consec between the green crap and where your raid is(roughly), you will catch *most* skeles.
towelliee wrote:- Should I spec back into cookie cutter for shield throw to easily grab the adds?

I don't ever shield throw on this fight. Tbh, it's all about consec placement. I just can't see using shield throw before the first 3 adds... and the first 2-3 adds are cake to pick up anyway.
towelliee wrote:- How do paladins get from one beam to the next so fast?

I lay down a consec at the first beam. Sometimes two. Then, when the second beam spawns, I'm already moving to get between the beam and the raid.

My two best pieces of advice:
-Get used to taunting off of certain healers.
-Tell some high threat healers to stand in your consec. ;)
Ankiseth

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:28 pm

towelliee wrote:Can you link me please?

http://www.maintankadin.failsafedesign. ... hp?t=13637
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Mithos » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:42 pm

First of all, I mark myself with a blue square and tell everyone to move away from the beams path if it spawns/is kited near them (so they don't get proxy aggro). I then run to the first beam and consecrate along the first portion of it. When they start spawning I run along the edge of the beam spamming reseal and making damn sure I get proximity aggro from as many as possible.

As soon as the 2nd beam appears, everyone runs to the tank spot by "the tree" (except the beam target ofc) and stands on me, if you have 2 tanks (or more for some reason) then they can help pick up loose skeletons. About 50% of the time I will consecrate the beam spawn point, but if I don't I chug a mana pot when most of them have spawned for security.

Anyone not standing on you and healing is basically asking for it - tell them that there's no healing unless they're on top of you, it's not like theres some mad damage going on in this phase anyway, I just told them to make sure any major healing was done as she is taking off and before the first beam.

DPSer's are nuking the boss as much as possible without going over whatever number is annoucned by the raid leader (usually our GM who is a warlock (or some other warlock)), and then start AoE'ing whenever they hit this, or when the boss starts flying around for breaths. Ofc if they are threat capped before all the skellies have spawned then they can't aoe just yet, but normally not every DPSer is. Mages after the first ground phase certinaly won't be due to invisibility, but warlocks will usually cap themselves fairly quickly.

I haven't ever used a holy wrath on them due to my beam hugging strat, but if you do what Joana does then you can. Although, it's not like it's some made DPS race on the skellies, you can AoE them slowly, as long as you are dropping consecrates which are hitting all of them with enough spell dmg and maybe some CDs. I find I can use wings almost every time (not the final flight phase though usuall, if she is still alive that is).

Basically:

Get a consecrate down at the beam spawn point;
Create as much global threat as possible;
Ready to taunt off single target DPSer's hitting somethign that isn't your target;
Ready to taunt off healers;
Tell the Felmyst tank (if it isn't you) to help on the second beam/loose ones.

If you have a warrior tanking her, he can always challenging shout if things look bad - after it ends they should all be on you.

Question @ Joana: Seal spamming - does it only create threat if you drop the buff first then gain it again? I.e., either alternating seals or cancelling the seal buff before refreshing?
Mithos

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:53 pm

Question @ Joana: Seal spamming - does it only create threat if you drop the buff first then gain it again? I.e., either alternating seals or cancelling the seal buff before refreshing?

nope. still threats.
Joanadark

Postby Mithos » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:34 am

Cool, thanks :)
Mithos

Return to Sunwell Plateau