Remove Advertisements

PTR 3.0 Available Now.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Andox » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:10 am

I saw some strange things today when I kited a Reaver to Shattrath from the bombing place, the mobs with around 900k HP.

I must been hitting a low level mob, since my Recount reported a Crushing Blow, from my side. How is that possible? Really strange imo, I havn't seen it in the notes.
Andox

Postby Jensaarai » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:13 am

Recount is still a little buggy, player CBs are usually glancings or crits or some other special it's not recording correctly.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Andox » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:42 am

A, might be so.

Another cool thing I noticed. My Paladin is doign all casts with my left hand, ie. the shield arm. Judges, Captain America, Consecration, HotR and such. Looks pretty neat. But I still not liek HotR animation. Doesn't look that cool.
Andox

Postby sapientialb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:12 am

One thing that i'd suggest if you're going to do PTR testing is that you stock your toon(s) with cut gems and enchanting materials (dusts, shards, etc.) as the prices of things are astronomical on the ah if their even available.

And if you're considering buying badge gear or gems from the Isle vendors do it before the transfer to the PTR as the servers are currently in the entry state with regards to Isle vendors being available.

Some guy paid me 2K for a primal might transmute using his mats last night just to give you an indication.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Kroda » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:34 am

I checked it out and I'm loving the changes.

I started out ret and did some farming (bg's weren't open). The sheath is awesome and the instant attacks combined with getting mana back are incredible.

After that I specced prot. On live I'm 480 def with 18 Resilience with 14587 health, 14362 armor, and SD 339

I lost about 30 def and had to make the following changes

rocket launcher for dabiri's enigma
sunward crest for ogrila aegis (probably going to buy the arena shield)
belt of the guardian for the crimson girdle with 13886 hp, 14488 armor, and SD 608.

on the plus side due to no uncrushability I replaced nexus gaurd's pauldrons with my swiftsteel shoulders (ret shoulders)

The only problem for me is I don't have enough def as gemmed/enchanted to use my Quickening Blade of the Prince, so my threat is fine, but my dps suffers.

If I throw the def enchant on my merciless gladiator's scaled shoulders and get the +def meta, I'll be uncrittable and able to equip the DPS weapon. Or

Not too bad a tradeoff, but the hp loss sucks :(

I did a quick test by soloing the ramparts and had no trouble, whereas I had to chug pots nonstop before.

one change I loved I hadn't seen is there is now a tokens tab on your character page so you don't have to keep them in your bank anymore. Same with heroic badges.

PS I'm an engineer so before I finished putzing around I added my roflcopter to my list and then dropped engineering. I'm still able to summon my roflcopter. I have no idea if this will be changed, but I hope it doesn't. I'll keep engineering long enough to get the hog and replace my goggles and I'll switch to something else.
Kroda

Postby Amarant_Pally » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Played around on the PTR yesterday, and I can say my only gripe (thus far) is Melee Swings not refreshing judgments. I didn't take 2/2 Imp. Judge yet (I plan to by 80), but something needs to be done. Either make Judgments last 30 seconds or let Melee Swings refresh them; man it was annoying! And really limits our "Thunderjudge" considering you can only (realistically, and with MICROMANAGING global cooldowns) keep 2 mobs Judged w/o 2/2 Imp. Judge. Judgments being on the GCD themselves wasn't too much of an issue; I just want Melee Swings to refresh them again. It's not such a big of a problem tanking a boss, for example, because you'll naturally Judge every CD you can afford to keep threat.
Amarant_Pally

Postby MrDuck » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:12 pm

Well i have to say,it's awesome stuff. First of all my def dropped to 484, so i had to switch out vengeance trinket for some rare def one, so my hp dropped a lot from 2.4.3..anyways, hotr is WIN. It hits for about 340 with my hammer of judgement (passed on unbreakable will sooo many times ;( )...but maaan vengeance is stacked in completely no time, and when i pull half the black moras trash with seal of light and 3/5 reckoning, i dont really drop on hp much when i use jol and sol, using hotr every 6s...though,when i miss the cooldown a little,it seems worse :>

Yet have to test in parties or so (couldnt be bothered yet, was only testing at work on notebook :<), but so far i'm quite impressed. GG :>

EDIT: oye,also...teh new BoS...as long as you pull at least 3-4 mobs at a time (8+ is better obviously), there's awesome speed in killing, mana is permanently full, so tossing a heal is not really an issue, and holy light now heals for about twice as much than on live <3
Last edited by MrDuck on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrDuck

Postby Aramir » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:38 pm

I went to the PTR to test our new goodies, and specced with reckoning, deep prot, and deflection/benediction on the retri tree. Went to BT to mob our good illidan-wanna-be-elves to try the damage. I ganed about 150 BV and 200 spelldam with the changes (using a king's defender, more with the cotton candy mace). So far:

With the mount hyjal candy mace:
Avenger shield hits for 1100
Judgement of righteousness (mana version) 660
consecrate 156
Hammer of asdf 390

King's defender:
Avenger's hield 1159
Judgement for 542
Consecration 143
Hammer of righteousnessasdf for 543

Akil'zon talonblade (wanted to see if a rogue dps sword could help)
Avenger shield for 1115
Judgements for 556
Consecrate for 146
Hammer of righ.... 532-582

My gear is mostly badges/bt/gloves t6 only. Considering the talonblade and the defender does the same damage, praises go to the defender for having tank stats.

Regarding armor, i lost a good deal of defense, which i made up by switching the illidari runeshield for Kaz'rogal's shield, and problem solved. The new blessing of sanctuary helps you go into heavy mobs and never run out of mana, so way to go to level up on expa (if you can find more than 2 mobs alone, that is...)
If you find violence isn't the answer, you're not beign violent enough.
Armory as sig is outdated: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ragnaros&n=Aramir
Aramir

Postby Grimmal » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:49 pm

nm, ignore me
Last edited by Grimmal on Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grimmal

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:52 pm

Grimmal wrote:
Amarant_Pally wrote:Played around on the PTR yesterday, and I can say my only gripe (thus far) is Melee Swings not refreshing judgments. I didn't take 2/2 Imp. Judge yet (I plan to by 80), but something needs to be done. Either make Judgments last 30 seconds or let Melee Swings refresh them; man it was annoying! And really limits our "Thunderjudge" considering you can only (realistically, and with MICROMANAGING global cooldowns) keep 2 mobs Judged w/o 2/2 Imp. Judge. Judgments being on the GCD themselves wasn't too much of an issue; I just want Melee Swings to refresh them again. It's not such a big of a problem tanking a boss, for example, because you'll naturally Judge every CD you can afford to keep threat.

Maybe I'm completely missing what you are saying here, but you are complaining that our Judgements don't refresh Seals on a mob anymore and that it is to hard to keep a Seal up on more than one mob at a time? If so, you do realize that our Judgements last two minutes per mob so it's actually easier to do what you want right?

Or am I completely misreading what you typed? I haven't played with Thunderjudge yet, but as far as sealing you could easily keep 4+ mobs sealed if you needed to for some reason I would think. I'm not sure though why you'd really need to except maybe if you had multiple mobs being dps/tanked and they were close enough to bother.

Anyways, I personally thought the new judgement system is 1000x better than it was. I actually have more than enough reason to want to judge while Holy now as a easy example of why it's better since I can judge and back out of combat while still keeping 'Seal of Light' up for the added healing. A HUGE improvement instead of my having to (lol)dps the mob for it to work.

Our judgements, which are debuffs on mobs, last for 20 seconds. On live if you hit a mob that you have judged the debuff refreshes. In wrath, you need to rejudge to refresh it. Our seals last 2 minutes now, but seals are a self buff, not a mob debuff.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Grimmal » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:57 pm

lol you quoted me right as I was editing out my post. Yeah as soon as I posted I realized I had posted it backwards. :)
Grimmal

Postby Amarant_Pally » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Yeah, I like the new Judgement system (except the no-melee-swing-refresh part). 2min seals are nice; we'd judge every CD anyway for aggro; Ret would Judge for mana buff; Holy would Judge for spellhaste. But having HotR being able to keep up 3+ judgements on 3+ different mobs would be nice.

Oh, another gripe I just thought of; HotR doesn't start your auto-attack (like most melee-strike abilities do). If you pull (with auto-attack off) and use HotR before Judging, you won't auto-attack. This isn't much of an issue if you Judge right away, but sometimes a mob dies, 2nd mob hitting you gets auto-targeted, you HotR, but you still don't auto-attack till you start it yourself or Judge something. Sounds like a bug to me, isn't a major issue, just a "wtf why not?" kinda thing.
Amarant_Pally

Postby Struggz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:30 pm

Solo'd Ony as Ret on the PTR

It was surprisingly easy, just had to pay attention to my health.

Tried it as Prot before but she destroyed me in phase 2.
Struggz

Postby Neuron » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Yah they added a new flag called "Overkill" that reports how much damage was done in the killing blow that normally isn't counted in the "amount" part of the combat event because the mob died (e.g. you hit it for its remaining HP and that is amount but overkill is the "extra" amount that isnt counted.

The position of the new overkill parameter in the combat event comes after amount so amount still works, but it moves the flags for glancing/crushing/critical over by 1, so they are all wrong.

It's a simple fix that the recount author probably already did or will do soon.
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Caelia » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:27 am

yea, kara is easy. was doing it with 8 people, curator was down BEFORE first evocate. Could hold agro fine unless i got lazy (full t6 dps with my t5/partly t6 level gear), if i went full out threat was fine if i slacked off on my rotations it began to show.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK