Remove Advertisements

Mu'ru

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Morganim » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:19 am

god i hate this so freaking much
Morganim

Postby Mex » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:51 am

Well we've spent somewhere around ... hrmm, I think 6 or 7 full nights (4 hours each) wiping on P1. We saw Entropius for the first time tonight (got M'uru to 2% then had one of the sentinel healers die, and just called for burn on M'uru so we could see what he looked like etc). It's very very slow going, and it requires a level of perfection that some people in our guild just aren't getting.

People start getting really defensive and say stuff like "I've done it perfectly 100 times and only screwed up once", but in the immortal words of Orlando Bloom/Will Turner, That's not good enough! People have to perform the same tasks 6-9 times during a full phase 1, so that's ~200 "things" or "actions" or whatever for the entire raid group during that time. A screwup rate of 1% is still too high (which is why we've had to drum into our casters' heads that redundany on sheeps/MDs _IS_ a good thing).

One thing I found reallyreallyreallyreally helped a lot was http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32413 . The mats are slightly annoying (1 primal water, 80 fel iron ore, 2 netherweave cloth, 2 elemental blasting powder for 50), but our guild's been having some problems with co-ordinating sentinel deaths so that they die exactly on top of my consecrate. If I know I'm not going to make it to a sentinel (or it's not going to reach me) in time, I just prep one (1 sec cast time, you can use em while running) and chuck it as the voids spawn, buying myself 5 seconds to either consecrate or holy wrath the spawns onto me.
Mex

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:35 pm

M'uru soloed! :P
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Arquine » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:10 pm

lol that IS pro :>

gz
Arquine

Postby Morganim » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:33 pm

Finally downed muru on monday, so satisfying, much mroe than stupid black temple and mount fail
Morganim

Postby hopps » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Cassanova and Morganim, where do you have the shaman put down grounding wrt to the room, I understand the voidspawn shadow bolts can use your grounding totem so I assume you have to stay out of range of it until the blast is casting ? Just curios as to your techniques in that regard...a video or ss of the room w/ a mark would be very helpful, thanks :)
hopps

Postby Morganim » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:18 am

Sorry havent checked forums in a few days

I barely move from my spot, neither do the shamans, there groundings are usualy in range of me with a bit of lee-way so that they are way out of range of shadowbolts.

Any sentinal on the other side is MD' so i dont shadowbolt anyone, and any add on my side is pulled with exorcism so i dont have to move at all. I dont use exo in threat rotation so its always ready to be used for pulling

Morganim

Postby Cakes » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Out of curiosity, do you have a hunter ready to MD should exorcism resist?
Cakes

Postby hopps » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:30 pm

if you have 3 points in precision its a 1% chance to resist...

I barely move from my spot, neither do the shamans, there groundings are usualy in range of me with a bit of lee-way so that they are way out of range of shadowbolts.

so, don't the groundings get eaten by the void spawn bolts, or are you guys just killing all the spawns before the next sentinel?
hopps

Postby fafhrd » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:20 pm

oh god, your ranged taunt thing can resist?

in ~120 attempts (and 1 kill) i haven't seen our pally fail to pick up a sentinel on his side, not looking forward to that happening. If you do it the same way as us, it would be too late for a hunter to MD and salvage the situation by the time we realized he'd been resisted.

I was under the impression he's using the shield throw thing to pick up sentinels though, not exorcism.

edit: just asked, yeah i'm clueless, he doesn't use the shield throw thing except on the first sentinel, the rest he exorcisms and judges something (righteousness?), in case one or the other resists. Ends up dragging void spawns around a bit now and then, but it's usually not a problem unless we're out of MDs and he has to run across the room.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby PsiVen » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:45 pm

Yeah, they should be in Judgement range. If both resist you may be pretty well boned, but Sentinels aren't boss level so the chance is small. They are not tauntable.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Cakes » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:51 am

Oh yeah, forgot they weren't boss level mobs. Was just wondering should the need arise for me to change to this method of killing (say a tank is on vacation or something) what I would do should a resist occur. Suppose judgement wouldn't be too bad, depending on how far away the sentinel is, and come 3.0 you can shield toss reliably as well.
Cakes

Postby Morganim » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:01 pm

never had an exorcism resist, sure it'll happen evntually but we shall see :P Can judge the 2 close ones, the ones far away your pretty much boned unless they target someone on oppoisite side of the room and you can judge as they walk past.

I have 2x Locks Seeding 1x Lock 1x Ele sham on sentinals so the spawnsa re always dying. This is so that i dont get overwhelmed. Also the groundings never get eaten
Last edited by Morganim on Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morganim

Postby PsiVen » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:01 am

Wait what? How are you tanking the spawns without them being in shadowbolt range of you? And if you're not tanking the spawns why would you have people MD Sentinels to you?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Morganim » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:54 am

PsiVen wrote:Wait what? How are you tanking the spawns without them being in shadowbolt range of you? And if you're not tanking the spawns why would you have people MD Sentinels to you?

Hmm i wasnt very clear there.

I tank both sentinals and spawns.
the spawns shadowbolt doesnt seem to eat my grounding totems.
And the spawns are out of range of the shaman placing the grounding totems.

The only thing that eats grounding totems is if a mage gets loose and shoots someone in group 1, but then i have 2 shaman so i always have a backup grounding
Morganim

PreviousNext

Return to Sunwell Plateau