Kaz'Rogal Trash

Winterchill, Anetheron, Kaz'rogal, Azgalor, Archimonde

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kaz'Rogal Trash

Postby Sepaticaus » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:37 am

Long story short, so I've been Ret but I've been gathering some protection gear as an off-set. Although I don't plan on normally raiding as Ret since I enjoy playing as a tank. I wanted your opinion on my performance and how I could do better the next time.

I handle Rage and Anetheron trash pulls like they were all but one big joke. However, all changes once my guild is doing kaz trash. I am having trouble, especially with fifth wave when a thousand of abominations come to shatter me like I was nothing... :(

I obviously cannot aoetank abominations since they hit darn hard and knocks me back. I although do use Free Action Potions for this portion of the fight. However it seems that I am still unsuccessful and I end up dead. Do you think it would be better that other tanks pick up other aboms ASAP? If so, what methods do you usually use to have other tanks pick them up efficiently with little trouble?

My armory is here, obviously I am a bit undergeared but I handle trash easily. I am only having problems with Kaz's aboms.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... Sepaticaus
Sepaticaus

Postby Seloei » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 am

Thats the wave with 6 abos, 6 necros? or the one with 6 abos, 12 ghoul/spiders? I forgot...

Anyhow, Free Action Potions are there just to give the other tanks time enough to pull the abos off you, not to survive a wave. Their a stop-gap for getting insta-gibbed.

for big abo waves you should be rolling with max avoidance/armor/health incase you do get stunlocked so you don't get steamrolled right after. (Even with AD i sometimes drop to 5-10% when the FAP is still on CD).

Short story: Slap the other tanks around and tell them do their frigging job. Pulling one ghoul off you on an abo wave is major slacking. They should be taking ATLEAST 2 each. Leave the ghouls/spiders.
If that is not enough, ask for shackles and hunter kites of abos to npcs
Seloei

Postby athom » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:17 am

Hm...one question here...can BoF replace FAP when it's on cooldown?
Our raid has enough paladins, so i could ask my classleader to give me some buff assignement that i can change without problems for my tanking...maybe Might....changing that to BoF wont hurt me at all.

But does BoF negates those Knockbacks?
athom

Postby Maelstrom » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:22 am

BoK only affects snares, knockdown is a stun o:
Maelstrom

Postby athom » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:56 am

Ok, tnx.
athom

Postby 2ndNin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:21 am

OR tank all the aboms and just get spam healed through it :P, so much easier :P
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby frgtn » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:54 pm

Since i usually have 3 other tanks in raid with me i let them take care of the abominations. Never actually used FoPs and usually don't get instagibbed.

As for the pull i usually let my tanks grab aggro on a few abominations first, then throw consecration and get whatever else is left.

You tanking all the abominations and getting spamhealed through constant stuns is a waste of healer mana tbh.
frgtn

Postby Conaan! » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:47 pm

my guild really only ever had a problem on that wave the first time we tried it, its really simple, walk 20 yards out from nearest npc, get aggro, consecrate and run to the tower on the right (when looking outside in) and stand there, earthbind totem/frost trap will slow them down enough for each tank to pick up 2, then you take whatever is left
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Katerina » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:56 pm

My main is actually a holy priest. We shackle at least two when there is more than four aboms and two warr/bears grab one each on those waves. We do not let the pally take more than three of them.

When there are six I'll even shackle one initially (usually have each of our two spriests do one each as well).

Though since during that wave all the action is right there, there is no reason for you not being healed by all five-seven healers in the raid - two of which should be on you full time. The problem comes with you being stunned so much of the fight that you can't hold them and they peel off onto your mages/locks who are aoeing their squishy hearts out.

Once the current ones get to 50% we pull the shackled ones in. Once they have aggro, the bear/warr back theirs just to within the AoE from the squishies, so that we can burn down as many as possible.
Katerina

Postby Khamul » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:45 am

That you're crittable and your avoidance is low isn't helping.

With a wave of six aboms, I usually tank two or three, and a bear/warrior each grab one, and a hunter kites one.

Just wait until wave six on Azgalor trash. That's the worst wave in the instance, imo- but there's a felhunter trick that works like a charm. :D
Khamul

Postby Yeti » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:06 pm

Khamul wrote:Just wait until wave six on Azgalor trash. That's the worst wave in the instance, imo- but there's a felhunter trick that works like a charm. :D

What is the trick?
Yeti

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:33 pm

Yeti wrote:
Khamul wrote:Just wait until wave six on Azgalor trash. That's the worst wave in the instance, imo- but there's a felhunter trick that works like a charm. :D

What is the trick?
keep it banished.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:34 pm

Yeti wrote:

What is the trick?

Banishing a felhunter and keeping all the taurens and such in combat.

Never done it personally, but i heard it works.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby elfjorc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:01 pm

Worldie wrote:
Yeti wrote:

What is the trick?

Banishing a felhunter and keeping all the taurens and such in combat.

Never done it personally, but i heard it works.

Yep, easymode
elfjorc

Return to Mt. Hyjal