How tough is Heroic BM?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How tough is Heroic BM?

Postby Magnusharkov » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:06 am

EDIT: Ah crap can someone move this to strats+info? Thats where I meant to put it

So far I've only got experience at heroics in Ramparts, Underbog and Mechanar. I've also very briefly tried a heroic Durn but that was too tough without some serious CC. A friend is wanting to get some hunter gear from heroic BM and I could quite happily pickup the belt http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29253

The question is how tough is it? Regular BM is now pretty trivial as I can just AoE clear all the wildlife very quickly and AoE tank everything that comes out of the portals. The question is would it be suicidial to be as gung ho on a heroic? Does anyone have any good strats or advice for it?
Last edited by Magnusharkov on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Magnusharkov

Postby Galtea » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:11 am

I've done all the heroics, and in my mind, BM is probably the hardest of the heroics. If you want to AE tank everything, you must make sure your healer is good, and that you have a good amount of agro on the main target so dps can burn him fast. However, the executioners have to be single targeted down immediately if they spawn, they deal too much damage and can kidney shot you, making you very vulnerable to damage. The instance requires a lot of coordination and strong play, but it's very doable.
Galtea

Postby Tauxalot » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:12 am

The only real pain is the downtime between portals.

GL keeping a healthy mana pool throughout the instance.
BEWBZ or GTFO
Tauxalot

Postby sangre » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:56 am

Four words that will make your life far easier in Heroic BM:

Bring a Shadow Priest.
sangre

Postby melange » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:02 pm

Heroic BM seems hard but once you get the strat right its not that difficult. After several goes I have found this works best for me :

1. Bring a Shadow-priest if you can. If not I just give myself wisdom.
2. Bring DPS classes - AE classes not critical at all.
3. Bring a Mage or Lock or someone who can remove the debuff off 2nd boss. Priests can also do this with dispel magic I think. Shaman purge might also work but I have never done this with a shaman. I normally use a lock with Felhunter.

Now for the fight itself : AE tank everything. I normally use rank 1 consecrate to get aggro on the adds and max rank if I need sudden threat. I focus all my dps on the named. Quicker you kill him the less adds spawn. Once hes down take out the adds. Make sure to alternate between shadow or fire aura based on the caster mob avaliable. With Melee boss try and stun the first add that comes - usually someone that stuns you back.

Boss 1. Tank him AND the adds at the same time. Relatively easy. If not comfortable with this let all the adds go and kill him with max dps and then go and take thw adds out using either Beacon or just consecrating them all.

Boss 2. Dispelling his haste buff makes or breaks this fight. Dont dispel haste and he will tear you a new one. Break it and you can tank the adds with him if you like ... I dont tho in the event the dispeller is late. The haste effect is very noticable with am sonic effect at the bosses feet. He tends to have a spell reflect for a second or two after the effect is triggered so wait a second and then dispel it.

Now you should have either 4 or 5 beacons left. I normally have 5 left at this stage. So I use a beacon for each portal phase from then on. Spawn it right on top of the portal boss and he kills easily - just have rank 1 consecrate to attract the attention of any stragglers if required.

Final Boss : Tank n Spank. Biatch still has not dropped my sword :(
melange

Postby Genobi » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:33 am

Did this last night. Used a Max hp gear setup except for the second boss where i use a high dodge set. Shadow priest is ace and if you keep 5 beacons for the last 5 waves it makes it a hell of alot easier.
Genobi

Postby Jadlene » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:11 am

Found the below on wowwiki. May be useful?

---

Divine Shield can remove and Immune you from the Time Stop ability of Aeonus
Jadlene

Postby Afraithe » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:16 am

Yes, do not bother unless you have a Shadow Priest. And I recommend a Warrior for the adds, a good geared fury warrior can use Aoe damage and offtank/kill adds as the same time as he does damage to the boss.

Enhancement shaman not to bad either, to give Windfury to warrior and +agi totem on boss fights (around +2% dodge iirc).

If you have a good group, and I do mean good, cause EVERYONE needs to be good in this fight, BM is easy as hell. We did a guildrun recently, but had no warrior, so we got someone random... well, we wiped cause he could not handle trash, kept hitting the boss, skipping trash a while etc.
Afraithe

Postby Nemi » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:15 pm

Been running this daily since Saturday group comp as follows:

Feral Druid dps / tank the mage keepers
Tree Druid
lolguard lock
BM hunter
Prot pally (me obviously)

I tank in (probably) current armory gear with an oil (+42 sd). It was realitivly easy, Wis all around except lock and feral. AE tank everything. Yes we did not have a dispeller for 2nd boss. Its not that big of a deal. Generally his heal debuff will only get on me after a knockback / charge thing that he does and he'll sometimes get behind me. But I've yet to see it go over 2 stacks.

Save your becons till the end, have agro on everything and the ranged take out the adds, they are still fairly squishy except the executioners they have around 20K hp and are annoying to burst down. Still very easy you need a solid group tho.
Nemi

Postby Nemi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:47 am

*edit* Did they change the 2nd boss's debuff? Before the restart on 28Aug I've never had the debuff stack more than twice on me. I assumed it was because I blocked every hit he did. I ran (regular mode) the other day with some guldies alts and it stacked up to 10. Any info from anyone else?
Nemi

Postby DeadMilliken » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:56 am

Would someone mind clearing up a few questions / problems I had with Heroic BM?

I tried to run this a lil while back...might be easier now that I have +1k hp higher...

Anyway the damned Melee Gatekeepers would hit me like a frigging truck when they enraged at 20%...
(*I was taking damage like Heroic Mech TK destroyers with charged fist)

My healer was "just" barely keeping up and destroying his mana to do it.

Then we make it to the first boss....I'm fine but the Chain Lightning demolishes the healer and ranged...We gave up after two tries on him.

Other questions:
I was "told" that on wave 17 you get 2-3 portals at once....is this true? If so how do you deal with it?

How do you deal with executioners and their 20k+ hp?

Several of you mentioned that you AoE tank the adds...are the gatekeepers really not doing that much damage to you during the enrage that you can take the extra dmg?

Stats: (current, not what was attempted with)
12k base hp
14.5k Armor
18% dodge
16% parry
~500def
~350 sheild block
DeadMilliken

Postby Nemi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:39 am

You should be able to do it. I'm used to surpurb healing (some crazy math professor who does equasions all day to max his healing potential) so it may be that just a 'good' healer cannot do it, but meh i dont see why not. Take a shadow priest as was mentioned above. You should be alright. SP's extra healing / mana regen for the party is always handy.
Nemi

Postby Kayoto » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:56 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just started running this for the belt since Moroes is stingy and my guild hasn't gotten a Belt of the Guardian pattern to drop yet (grr).

0/1 so far on the Girdle of Valorous Deeds, but I was curious -- does anyone have any recommendations for tanking Aeonus that I'm unaware of? I'm assuming that if I bring a Hunter next time for dispelling the frenzy it'll go a lot smoother, but we wiped once just because he destroyed me with Time Stop + Frenzy going. Even on our successful kill after that, I had to pot after a Time Stop once and I BARELY lived through another Time Stop later. He was hitting me for about 2.3~2.6k per swing and I had about 15.5k buffed HP (I'm usually in spell damage/solo questing gear on armory, so don't go by that).

Everyone's descriptions in all of the Heroic BM topics on this forum of Aeonus on Heroic are along the lines of "tank and spank," but for the group I took today he was the hardest part.

Group set-up:
Prot Pally (obviously)
Frost Mage
Combat Fists Rogue
Shadow Priest
Holy Priest
Kayoto

Postby Zink » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:47 am

H morass is snooze fest easy mode if your dps arent in blues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxSGUPUxKQE
Zink

Postby Amran20 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:43 am

The Time Stop Sand Breath Combos hurt, but other than that the instance isn't too bad. Temporus, at least to me, is the easiest boss of the 3, and I always enjoy the melee mobs, because, while they take longer, than don't really hurt me at all, and hence, don't hurt my group unless some idiot gets in War Stomp range. I usually try to take a warlock for Seed, 2 other ranged DPS, and pretty much any healer will do, I've done it with all 4 brands of healage. Still no belt though. Kinda ticks me off.

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
Amran20

Next

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics