Remove Advertisements

Prince with 2 healers?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby kedalic » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:32 pm

I always used to clear kara with just 2 healers, and sometimes a shadow priest. Teaches them to be good healers =). The best combination is a holy pally and a holy priest, priest to deal with spikes, pally for maintenance. When we had a shadow priest as well, it became easy mode =). Willingness to pot/skill can easily overcome gear there, and we were doing that successfully even with fairly poorly geared healers (1200-1400 +heal). Lastly, when we did this, I always straped on heal gear for Aran, as the only heal intensive fight.
kedalic

Postby YoYoMa » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:42 am

Depending on who is on, we will do this fight with 2 healers. I've even healed with our main priest as full prot spec and we have no issues . It's a little more mana intensive sure, but it's not difficult.

If i'm healing instead of tanking here is what we'd do. Phase 1 we both heal lightly (i'd focus on cleansing), use mana pots and we'd pretty much end phase 1 with full mana. Phase 2 is the mana drain, we go full bore. Nice thing is you've got more dps so phase 2 doesn't last all that long. Phase 3 I would shift to more spot across the raid b/c of the axes and the priest would go full on the mt.

So definitely doable without much of a problem. And that isn't even with 2 healing spec'd healers :)
YoYoMa

Postby Skyforger » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:36 am

Definately possible - my (old) guild's first kill was done with a paladin and a holy priest (since the resto druid disconnected right before an infernal dropped onto him), and no shadow priests.
Both of the healers were fairly poorly geared - the paladin had approx 1400 healing, while the priest had around 1200. Our tank was a warrior (crushings in phase 2) in blues and 2-3 kara epics, a bit over 15k raidbuffed hp, if i remember correctly.

Although we did get very lucky with infernal spawns and had to move only once during he fight, I'd say its definately doable :)
Skyforger

Postby Nemi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:48 am

our A team reguarly runs with 2 healers

Click my armory link aka the sig thing and look up treebeard (treedruid)and thepan (holy/disc?). They both have around 2000+ healing tho so thats kinda cheating. ;p

Disclaimer I played treebeard this morning to give myself +spell dmg enchant on shiney new arena hammer so he's in odd gear.
Nemi

Postby spatulor » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:24 pm

I've MT'd Kara with one holy pally and a resto shaman healing me. (I let the fury warrior put on his tank gear for nightbane, and I healed on aran) I had to LoH myself on Prince and the warrior tank on Nightbane. I LOVE popping Lay on Hands fully buffed in prot gear.

Also done Illhoof as one of 2 healers, which is tough. It helped that I could solo heal the tank while the shaman spammed chain heal on the DPS and AOE.

So, yeah...it can be done, but it's not easy, and gear helps.
spatulor
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:41 pm

Its like tanking both Attumen and Midnight at same time, or Aoeing Moroes' adds, or doing Illhoof with only 1 AoE. You can do it, providing you outgear the place.

We have done prince 2-healers as well, but we had me tanking (and i clearly outgear prince) and 2 full epic healers (shaman + priest) for likely 2k heal both. There was another paladin healer but got oneshotted at first infernal for a unlucky infernal+enfeeble combo on the raid.
I had to LoH in P3 tho since i got out of range from healers while moving the prince >.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to Karazhan