Quickie: Helm value of Stalwart Defender vs Felsteel Helm

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Quickie: Helm value of Stalwart Defender vs Felsteel Helm

Postby Naeldon » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:09 pm

Since I've decided to gear up for 70, I'm taking a casual browse on my server's AH to have a look at the amount of money I'm going to need. After reading the gear guides the two that jump out at the Stalwart Defender and the Fel Steel Helm.

The difference in price is pretty big on my server.

Stalwart Defender - 800+g

Felsteel - About 70+g

From what I read in the gear discussion threads, the Felsteel is just a cut below Stalwart. So although Stalwart is better, I'm not sure whether the value difference between them is that wide and would like a more experienced opinion.

Someone also mentioned the S2 helms but I've not really seen them listed anywhere so I'm not sure how good they are for Raid/5 Man.

I'm not going to buy any yet, but if Stalwart is really one of those "buy it and it'll pay you back" helms then I'll save up :)
Naeldon

Postby Saintsabbat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:23 pm

I rolled engineering and therefore had Tankatronic Goggles from the day I dinged 70 to the day I got the Helmet from Illidan (the name elludes me).

If I were you I'd get the felsteel helm. It is a very good helmet and is reasonably priced. Helm of the Stalwart defender is simply not worth the investment as you would be replacing it with T4 helm which is very easy to obtain.
Proud GM, RL and MT of <Cataclysm> Bronze Dragonflight 5/5 MH, 9/9 BT.
Saintsabbat

Postby Barathorn » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:17 am

Until I dropped Herbalism for Engineering I was wearing the Felsteel Helm for my first trips into Karazhan, that and the Felsteel Gloves are definately worth having in your tanking set if you have just got to 70 and/or are gearing up for Karazhan.

Stalwart Defender I never thought that much of. Save your money and get the Felsteel.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Naeldon » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:46 am

Done!

Found a helm going at 50g (all the others were 75g) so I snapped it up. Got the gloves too.

Naeldon

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice