Remove Advertisements

Heroic Shattered halls question

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby celarena » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 pm

I seem to be struggling in heroic Shattered Halls when there are tree druids, and it doesn't matter how well geared they are.

My stats while wearing my 5-man set:
armor 15855
defense 504 resilience 74
dodge 23.46% parry 16.37% block 11.16%
HP 14717 / 5 of 5 ardent defender
SD 390

I end up doing the run with CC and that makes SH a huge pain in the ass.

Should I be excluding tree druids on no-CC runs (I have no idea why they suck so bad), or is my gear insufficient for AOE tanking without a T4.5 healer? I can also add avoidance for HP by changing gear as well.

Any suggestions appreciated.
celarena

Postby wawel » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:38 am

Tyaera wrote:If you can survive heroic BF, you can survive heroic Shattered Halls.

Positive. If you can survive in BF you can easy take any hc. As for me MgT==BF == 2 hardest hc's in Wow.

As for SH as long as you have proper anount of dodge/miss/parry you can AoE tank it easy as most mobs there just meele. Pull, hide behind the wall and you will aoe 6-7 mobs ( 2-3 meene, 2 archers that meele in close range, 1-2 casters to be killed just aftetr legionare ).

celarena wrote:Should I be excluding tree druids on no-CC runs (I have no idea why they suck so bad), or is my gear insufficient for AOE tanking without a T4.5 healer? I can also add avoidance for HP by changing gear as well.

you didnt provide armory link :(

As for druids their main problem is lots HoT and lack of flash heals. Sometimes hots are great if you got druid+palla/priest on tank, but if it is about hc's sometimes dudu just cant "get on time" with heals. It is aobut 90% of druids ;)

But there is one tree i run hc's every day and i am sure he will heal me even if i pull 2 grps in SH ( few times i pulled grp + centurion+adds ) and at the end of that fight alive grp members: healer+tank. But it is more about his experience and gear as most of healers ( not only druids ) would fail.

Any suggestions appreciated.
wawel

Postby Marker » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:04 am

It requires the druid to know when to pop out of treeform to cast those bigass heals
Marker

Previous

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics