Remove Advertisements

[?] New Spell Coefficients

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:10 am

Modal wrote:Are we ok with this change? My JoV is only hitting for around 600 now with a full stack. And that's with much more AP and 200 more spellpower than on live, where it usually approaches 1k. It feels like it's taking me much longer to kill stuff on my own.

However, I tanked Utgarde Keep last night and someone actually had a damage meter. I apparently came in second with 624 dps. Now, that includes a fair amount of AoE, of course, but maybe it's all in my head and our dps is still tremendously buffed in beta?

Well you have 2 attacks that you didn't have before once you get to level 75. So that will be a decent increase. For me it's hard to tell about SoV/JoV because I had the buffed version until after hitting 80. It "feels" to me like it's doing pretty decent damage, but I don't really have a good reference point for comparison.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby trellian » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:35 am

Modal wrote:I apparently came in second with 624 dps

seriously?
I do about 450-500 dps single target (read boss) on live, and (normal) big aoe pulls i'm usually outdps-ing any non-aoe class.

So either nothing much changed with regard to our dps, or their dmg meter was pretty fubar :P

(i'm hoping for the last)
trellian

Postby Macha » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:49 am

However, I tanked Utgarde Keep last night and someone actually had a damage meter. I apparently came in second with 624 dps

Prepare yourself for lv 75 - our shieldslap alone deals 500+ dps :) Not a joke, either.
Macha

Postby Amanor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:56 am

Hm, maybe I'm forgetting something base and silly here, but I'm seeing an increase in Holy Shield damage with Blessing of Might up. Is anyone else seeing similar behavior, because I haven't seen it mentioned yet whether or not Holy Shield scales with AP now.
Amanor

Postby Macha » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:17 am

I can confirm this. The 305 AP from BoM increase HS damage by 24.
Reducing AP from gear, or adding AP, seems to increase the damage at the same rate.

I then swapped out 140 AP from Str, and got an additional 88 Sta.
Change in HS: -8 damage (only -8 because of the 26 spelldamage gained from the stamina)

This seems to confirm that HS now DOES scale with AP/SP
Macha

Postby Tensen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:33 am

any chance we can get confirmation on this?

Holy Shield is now getting additional bonus from AP?
Tensen

Postby Macha » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:36 am

Tensen wrote:any chance we can get confirmation on this?

Want me to screenshot a confirmation tomorrow morning?

If I raise AP by any means(including command-libram, proc/use effect on trinkets or blessings) Holy Shield goes up.

Seems it is affected by AP.
Macha

Postby Tensen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:39 am

Macha wrote:
Tensen wrote:any chance we can get confirmation on this?

Want me to screenshot a confirmation tomorrow morning?

If I raise AP by any means(including command-libram, proc/use effect on trinkets or blessings) Holy Shield goes up.

Seems it is affected by AP.

Sorry, I meant to ask if we can get one of the math guru's to give us a comparison from spell damage/AP to damage done on HS...
Tensen

Postby Scotthew » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:10 am

Could we get some more testing on Holy Shield's coefficients? Especially if it's scaling with AP now. It would make sense for it to now that the 35% threat is removed.

Macha wrote:I can confirm this. The 305 AP from BoM increase HS damage by 24.
Reducing AP from gear, or adding AP, seems to increase the damage at the same rate.

Did you have 1H Weapon Spec talent and Shield of the Templar?
Assuming you did, this would mean Holy Shield would have about a 0.05 AP coefficient, matching the previous SP coefficient. But your other statement suggest the SP coefficient has changed too.

Thaco
US-Daggerspine

PS I didn't see it in MMO-Champion's notes, but it looks like Consecration's SP and AP coefficients went up significantly, to 0.32 with a slightly lower base damage. Confirm?
Scotthew

Postby Scotthew » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:07 am

I updated the original post with all the known spell coefficients. Some more testing and confirmation is needed for Holy Shield, Consecration, and Seal of Vengeance. What boggles me is the new Consecration coefficients are so large that Consecration will do more single target DPS than Hammer of the Righteous. O.o

Thaco
US-Daggerspine
Scotthew

Postby Kellann » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:11 am

So...scaling HS.

I feel very sorry for my rogues during any mind-controlling pulls. The poor bastards already have enough trouble staying alive when the AI says "Gee lets go holymelt our face on that fun target".
Kellann - Uther
Kellann

Postby Macha » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:14 am

Scotthew wrote:Did you have 1H Weapon Spec talent and Shield of the Templar?

Yes. 5% seems to hit the mark quite well.
As for the other - the numbers were low, it might have been a rounding problem.

PS I didn't see it in MMO-Champion's notes, but it looks like Consecration's SP and AP coefficients went up significantly, to 0.32 with a slightly lower base damage. Confirm?

They seem the same as always, 0.32 always was the total coefficient, with 0.04 for each tick, weren't they?
Macha

Postby Macha » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:20 am

Kellann wrote:So...scaling HS.

I feel very sorry for my rogues during any mind-controlling pulls. The poor bastards already have enough trouble staying alive when the AI says "Gee lets go holymelt our face on that fun target".

"I am sorry, I tabbed and shieldslap-critted the wrong target :("
Macha

Postby Scotthew » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:23 am

Macha wrote:They seem the same as always, 0.32 always was the total coefficient, with 0.04 for each tick, weren't they?

It was 0.24 last build. At the listed 0.32 a paladin with my stats at 70 and using a Syphon of the Nathrezim (make note that's a DPS weapon, not a SP weapon) would do ~134 DPS with Consecration and ~118 DPS with HotR--single target. I just find it odd that a baseline AoE spell does more damage and threat than our shiny new 51-point talent...

Thaco
US-Daggerspine
Scotthew

Postby Scotthew » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:42 pm

On a side note, due to the massive Seal and Judgement nerfs this build, my estimated TPS for lvl 70 went down ~230. :(
Scotthew

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK