Remove Advertisements

Tidewalkers Murlocs

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Tidewalkers Murlocs

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:04 am

can anyone give me a rundown on what to expect for the adds and a good strat on picking them up
matchbox

Postby Thels » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:09 am

There's 2 common tactics for paladins to pick them up. There's videos for either tactic in the video thread.

First one is tossing 2 HLs right after the Murlocs are summoned. Be sure to pick dedicated targets for these, as overhealing doesn't cause aggro. You need around 1000 +healing for this. Then spam consecration, build a bit of aggro on them, and then have the mages/locks AoE them down. Get ready to taunt/bubble a mage that overaggro's. The big advantage is that you're building aggro on all the murlocs at once. The big disadvantage is that you're partly in healing gear and will take more damage. Should be ok, though.

Second one is having a mage Frost Nova the incoming murlocks and you picking them up with AS, Consecration, HS, etc... You can do this in full tanking gear, but you'll only be picking them up from one side. Other tanks need to stand ready to grab them from the other side.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Mortehl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:17 am

I take the entire north side murlocs by myself, without frost nova. I wait just about where that stupid little tent thing is, drop a consecrate with 2 seconds till murloc spawn, step back a bit and shield toss. Then I bring my pack under Morogrim's feet. A prot warrior and a fruid wrangle up the south pack and bring them into my consecrate where I quickly over power them and they get maged to death.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Menardi » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:15 am

I'm our guild's only Tankadin so I'm charged with the task of tanking both sets of murlocs at once. I do the fight in a mixture of physical mitigation/dodge gear and spell damage gear, reducing my health to a fairly low level (17.2k fully buffed and flasked). We have our main healadin (he's beast) with a raid icon and RF up and all healers except tomb ones standing within a consecrate of him.

During the fight I pop JoW up on Morogrim until about 5sec before the murlocs, then I run back to the healers and wait for the quake. After the quake I Holy Light the two Warlocks in my range, which is still not enough to put me at the top of aggro (main healadin will have it), but it helps generate a bit of threat. After two Holy Lights the closer group is almost in Consecrate range so I Holy Shield and Consecrate. Keep tabbing and hitting random mobs with SoR, ensuring you are their target. About 5 seconds later the other group of murlocs come and the Seeds start popping.

Rinse and repeat. This method is a little harder than the common method but it means you only need one Tankadin in your raids. Also, if you start to run low on mana you should pot as the far side of murlocs start coming to you (there shouldn't be any problem with the closer ones) for a very slight threat boost.
Menardi

Postby Ownopotamus » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:18 pm

What I do for murlocs is the following.

I normally stand around auto-attacking with JoW on Tidewalker in the beginning. About 5 seconds until I think the murlocs are coming I stop auto attacking, target my favorite warlock, and start spamming heals. The earthquake will not stop your heals cast time so I just make sure to cancel my cast if the murlocs do not come.

Normally 2 or 3 holy lights will go off and I get both murlocs groups on me easily. I wear my full protection set with this and my healing mace. Make sure to heal the locks because fel armor gives a nice added bonus :)
Ownopotamus

Postby matchbox » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:11 pm

thank you for the replys
matchbox

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:33 am

We have a holy pally as one of the watery grave healers and when murlocs show up he heals one of our warlocks who has lifetapped down. I then shield throw, consecrate under the pally and taunt off the pally.

Oh, and also we stand far enough away that none of the three of us get watery graved.

Advantage: If the heals go off he has solid aggro on all the murlocs so they come to him. I am in aggro (i.e. spell damage plate) tanking gear but still have enough mitigation that I can tank them indefinitely with occasional heals. That is nice for holding the last batch while we just burn the boss.

Disadvantage: If the healer watching my holy pally buddy messes up it can mean my buddy dies before I get the last of the murlocs away from him. Also, sometimes the holy pally can get distracted (since he is healing watery graves) and not get big heals off at the right time for murlocs. The second one happens with any paladin assigned to work with me for the first time.
Drac - Paladin - 70 - Alexstrasza
DracAlexstrasza

Postby silentprince » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:23 pm

what we did was to have a priest clicking off their salvation and use prayer of healing or whatever AOE heal that was right before the murlocs come. I was standing beside him and spamming Consecration after that to get all the murlocs. It worked very well. But we wiped once cus i was being throw into the water thinggy twice in a row. -.-
Have fun tanking them, i had more threat than our warrior tank who was tanking the boss after a few murloc spawns. Very interesting fight..Have fun!
silentprince

Postby khash » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:06 pm

the only thing you need for this is 1. you, and 2. a warlock, and possibly 3. a backup warlock

RF on you obviously, fel armor on the warlock, BoL as well if you have enough pallies (make sure all AoE and healers have salv on first)

I go for max block rating on this and around 250 spell damage minimum, usually more with pots/buffs, (Figurine of the Colusses has saved my ass quite a few times on this fight)

give specific instructions that healers only use low heals and HoTs right after an earthquake, immediately after said earthquake throw off 3 HLs on your target warlock and then drop rank 6 cons under you, depending on where you tank tidewalker and the murlocs one of the groups should be on you right now and the 2nd should be incoming. once theyre on you it isnt too hard, just keep them all in front and tab-target with SoR, spam cons and holy shield.

the tricky part is a bad tomb, the only time its a real problem is if you get tombed before they get to you, if theyre just about to get to you, you should still have enough aggro that theyll run to you anyway, but if you only get 1 HL off they probably wont, in that case have a warrior or druid aoe taunt, shouldnt happen more than once possibly twice as long as you arent too unlucky

heres how my guild does him :
http://files.filefront.com/tidewalkerwm ... einfo.html
khash

Postby Eloff » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:49 am

I'm really bad at writing macros, but I'm pretty sure this one is possible:

I want a macro that I can spam where it targets the next enemy, and if it is a tidewalker murloc, it casts taunt on it's target. (If it's target is me, nothing happens!)

That way I can just spam mash this button and hopefully hold the aggro a little better.

(Is it possible to write one for the extra warriors so they can taunt off everything except the ones targeting me?)
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:59 am

Eloff wrote:I'm really bad at writing macros, but I'm pretty sure this one is possible:

I want a macro that I can spam where it targets the next enemy, and if it is a tidewalker murloc, it casts taunt on it's target. (If it's target is me, nothing happens!)

That way I can just spam mash this button and hopefully hold the aggro a little better.

(Is it possible to write one for the extra warriors so they can taunt off everything except the ones targeting me?)

Casting spells conditionally hasn't been possible since 2.0.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Eloff » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:54 am

Ugh, I'll just settle for one that just does the tab target thing and hope that I don't target Morogrim himself...
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Joacimcans » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:59 am

Well i recently joined a new guild and this week we downed Morgrim for the first time. We used a different strategy than what everyone else is posting. We had myself, a warlock, two mages and a holy paladin sit off in one of the little side compartments in morgrims room and had the lock life tap down before the earth quake and i would heal him after the earth quake with two Holy lights, I have item rack so i just key bound my lights justice and healing shield to one key and my tanking sheild/mace to another and it worked like a charm. we just rinse and repeated this. since we were pretty far away we non of us ever got put in a watery grave and didnt have to worry about water globes. Not sure if it really matters but doing it this way non of us ever got put in combat with morgrim himself so when the MT Died a few times as long as we killed the murlocs that got summoned we never had to worry about wiping. Just to be on the safe side at about 15% "Team AoE" moved in and hit morgrim just so we were in combat more or less so we made sure we would get loot.
Joacimcans

Postby Lieris » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:41 am

Joacimcans wrote:Well i recently joined a new guild and this week we downed Morgrim for the first time. We used a different strategy than what everyone else is posting. We had myself, a warlock, two mages and a holy paladin sit off in one of the little side compartments in morgrims room and had the lock life tap down before the earth quake and i would heal him after the earth quake with two Holy lights, I have item rack so i just key bound my lights justice and healing shield to one key and my tanking sheild/mace to another and it worked like a charm. we just rinse and repeated this. since we were pretty far away we non of us ever got put in a watery grave and didnt have to worry about water globes. Not sure if it really matters but doing it this way non of us ever got put in combat with morgrim himself so when the MT Died a few times as long as we killed the murlocs that got summoned we never had to worry about wiping. Just to be on the safe side at about 15% "Team AoE" moved in and hit morgrim just so we were in combat more or less so we made sure we would get loot.

We used this strategy too for our first kill last night. It makes the fight very very easy as you will never get graved. I only had about 700 +healing (threat gear along with my healing shield and mace) and all the murlocs went right for me. I'm not sure why some people tank in grave range, Morogrim might not eat some of the AOEs but you leave some of the fight to luck in doing so.

Unfortunately at 10% the shamans decided to use fire elementals which aggroed the murlocs, nearly wiping us in the process. It was a miracle we recovered from that.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Tiandelin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:00 am

Staying out of grave range while tanking the murlocs really helps reduce the randomness of the fight. My guild killed Morogrim quickly after we switched to that strategy, having worked on him for a few nights using others. In fact, we did so well on the first try with that strat that we were completely unprepared for the globules (raid leader didn't think we'd get that far on the first try) and wiped.

You don't even need to wear any healing gear. I just put on my blocking set and a healing mace/shield/libram, then swap in my sword and tanking shield when the murlocs reach me, swapping back out when they're dead. Morogrim is tanked at the entrance to Fathom-Lord's tunnel while I stand with a warlock and a healer at the bottom of the steps out of grave range. The warlock never gets hit with anything before the globules come, so he just lifetaps down as far as he can so that I can heal him to pick up the murlocs.

We load him up with every +healing buff we can use, which is generally fel armor, amplify magic, BoL, and in a group with a tree druid if we have one. Along with pots and weapon oil, this easily lets me get aggro with a couple HLs. Both groups hit me at about the same time, and all our warlocks and mages turn around and destroy them while I hold aggro. Once the globules start, everyone in the grave area moves up top and we just keep at it with the same strategy. The warlock just has to be a little more careful about lifetapping since he'll get hit by earthquake.

It makes the fight very simple, if still mind-numbingly repetitive. A brief interruption of dps on Morogrim is far outweighed by eliminating the possibility of wiping because key people get graved at a bad time.
Tiandelin - Co-MT of Monolith, Area 52 US
Tiandelin

Next

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern