Remove Advertisements

Just for fun =)

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Just for fun =)

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:18 pm

So I really would like to tank Krosh Firehand in the HKM fight on my pally. I know a couple of warriors from other servers that have done it, so I know it's possible.

I was wondering if fire resist gear would help. I realize that is 3 sec cast greater fireballs cannot be resisted, but what about the blast waves? I think I remember hearing that the blast wave can be resisted with fire resist gear. If so, would it be worth it to run a full fire resist set to tank him?

The warriors I know that have done it needed 2 fully dedicated healers on him, and one keeping an eye on him and he had zero fire resist gear. I at least have my aura.

I also realize I would like a hunter to arcane shot his spell shield off of me so I can keep good threat on him.

Just some thoughts, I am going to try this soon and was wondering if anyone else had any more thoughts on it.
Holyfuri

Postby Listrac » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:30 pm

I've never done this myself, but when I think about it i would try to stand outside blastwave range and just judge and throw my shield at him.
Who will survive and what will be left of them?
Listrac

Postby ShaiHulud » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:50 am

Krosh's fire damage is not mitigated by resist. Otherwise you'd just see Leo warlock tanks tanking him.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby ulushnar » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:55 am

Yep, it's a total spellsteal gimmick fight.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dendrah » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:41 pm

Did you realise that warriors have spell reflect? And we don't? Who needs resist if you can just turn their spells back on them?

And why would you try to steal the spot of that poor mage who did all he could to gather his tanking set for Krosh?
Dendrah

Postby Cearn » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:15 am

Dendrah wrote:Did you realise that warriors have spell reflect? And we don't? Who needs resist if you can just turn their spells back on them?

And why would you try to steal the spot of that poor mage who did all he could to gather his tanking set for Krosh?

I don't think the Fireball is reflectable.
I guess the major problem is dispelling the Shield. If you need another player to dispel the shield you can let a single person do it alle the way...
Cearn

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:47 am

the fireballs are not reflectable, or resistable. I knew this already and mentinoned the lack of resistance in the OP.

I just need mages to give me water and stfu anyways =)

Like I mentioned this is just for fun, something to do.
Holyfuri

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag