Raar. Got to tank Najentus and died, is this my fault?

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Raar. Got to tank Najentus and died, is this my fault?

Postby majorwoo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 am

Here is the deal our normal MT was on his mage since we were short so I was tanking trash as I normally do. We got to Najentus and we decided to give it a go with me tanking.

najentus, 09 september
7990 tidal
+502 hot (regrowth tick)
+1869 flash of light
+869 hot (earth shield)
+2936 flash of light (crit)
+502 hot (regrowth tick)
parry
dodge
+869 hot (earth shield)
+5325 holy light (crit)
+502 hot (regrowth tick)
+1982 flash of light
dead

No crit's, no crushes. I about blew a gasket when the resto druid claimed I was squishy and he was spamming heals on me and this was why I shouldn't be our main tank.

I apologize for no time stamps, my grim reaper has been on crack and I turned it off awhile ago. You can get a rough idea from the regrowth ticks.

So, your thoughts please? I feel like I died to a lack of heals....
Last edited by majorwoo on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby Arcand » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:22 am

Looks like you died to lack of heals, and if a resto druid was assigned to you - he put out 1506 healing over about 11 seconds or 137hps. That might do it in Gnomeregan but not much further than that, and it wouldn't have kept a warrior or bear up either.

Was the paladin just on you? He cast a flash, then a biggish Holy Light, then back to flash. Someone might have to tell him that on Black Temple bosses it's okay to throw the big stuff.
Arcand

Postby Wulfhere » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:45 am

Your gear is quite a bit better than mine and I've tanked a Naj'entus kill fairly easily and tanked him to enrage 3 times last night because some of our dps was sleeping apparently.
Wulfhere

Postby Kelaan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:57 am

Wow. That's not the sort of healing I'd expect to see on a main tank. Heck, I think I get more incoming heals in heroics.

Were they trying to deliberately discredit you? Consider comparing a WWS of you getting healed vs your normal MT getting healed, and compare the rate/amount of heals you get vs what he got. Then, say, "Let's try this again, and this time heal me as if you're healing a main tank", if they were slacking. If they WERE slacking, consider complaining to the raid leader -- no matter who is tanking, healers should be playing on the ball, just as DPS keeps plugging away even when you're in the stage of "learning to keep the tank alive" on a new fight.

Also see who else (in that attempt) that healer may have been casting heals on. Perhaps the healer had a mouseover macro and was mousing over the wrong person. I've done that when I heal before, and felt really dumb for doing so.
Kelaan

Postby Dorvan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:04 pm

To drive home the point even harder: assuming you were topped of before tidal shield, here's what your HP debt looked like:

Forget begin topped off, your healers weren't ever keeping you up to half health. That's just 10 kinds of terrible.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby majorwoo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:10 pm

Yeah, the resto druid was supposed to be on me full time. Having played a resto druid a long time the very first thing to jump out at me is WHERE IS THE LIFEBLOOM (not to mention rejuvination...) The pally heals were all the same pally so at least one of my healers was off in la la land. I'm going to setup WWS now I believe, I've never used it before but this is really grinding me.

I was fuming when the resto druid claimed to be spamming heals on me so when I linked this in raid there was no response and he "dc'd". Raid leader/main tank was switching to his warrior at the time so he didn't see it. I was looking for some input from you guys before I talk to the raid leader tonight, I was just fuming last night so I knew better then to say anything last night other then one outburst in vent, i told someone to f off a few minutes later on supremus when I picked him up after a kite phase and they called out a wipe since i was tanking. (They were joking im sure, but it hit a nerve)

For what it's worth I tanked every phase of supremus other then the initial pull when he was md'd to warrior tank.
shield + judge + consecration ftw.

*edit*
@Dorvan: Wow, that is an excellent way to look at it. Thanks!
Last edited by majorwoo on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
majorwoo

Postby Lore » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:17 pm

Moved to Black Temple forum.

And yeah... 3 Regrowth ticks (not even a cast) isn't exactly what I'd call "spamming heals".
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:32 pm

"Flash of light"?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majorwoo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:33 pm

Yes, sorry. flash's of light. no priest heals. i'll correct the first.
majorwoo

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Yea but i meant

"1.5 heals on tank healing??????"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majorwoo » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:48 pm

Yeah, makes me rather grouchy. I was one of our healers for a long time on my druid, I've always considered them a good group. I'm guessing people were sleeping and were busy looking for our normal tank to heal or something...
majorwoo

Postby Dorvan » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Well, given this was right after a tidal burst, my guess is that your healers all assumed "the others will watch the tank, it'll be fine" and went to work getting the raid up, ignoring their healing assignment. Suddenly, no one's healing the tank and...gg

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Belloc » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:42 pm

Let us know what your raid leader says. I, personally, like to see wrongs being ... righted.
Belloc

Postby Emmi » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm going to chime in here and ask you:

Why do I not see any self-healing on your part?
Incoming heals (and your own life bar for that matter) is something you should be keeping an eye on, along with incoming damage (only two "misses"?).

It is your job to not only tank the boss, hold threat, and mitigate damage, but to also help the healers out as much as you can. This means popping Healthstones, Health Potions, and trinkets if you see something awry.

And at that point, someone needs to be poking the healers on vent to see why you're dipping so low. Your healing leader at the very least needed to step up and call for more HoTs.

So it's not just a healer problem (though that is a huge problem obviously).

Just food for thought. :)
Emmi

Postby majorwoo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:21 am

Alright, status:
a) Yeah, I didn't eat my crack rock. Bad me.
b) Talked to the resto druid last night - he thought he had a lifebloom stack on me. Of course he also claims to have not said he was spamming heals on me. (Someone was worried about topping meters so was spamming hot's on the raid after the tidal)
c) we'll give it a go again when all my healers are not asleep.
d) resto druids guild comment is now healing meters > healing tanks

On a side note, teron died last night. People learned to press 4 and 3.

Thanks for the input guys.
majorwoo

Next

Return to Black Temple