Is Kara really THAT easy?

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is Kara really THAT easy?

Postby Belmi » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:28 pm

So earlier today my guild went in to Kara for our first attempt, now we had all raided before on other characters, but most of us were re-rolls so our gear is crap. I currently have 488 def (uncritable with elixir of ironskin :wink: ), roughly 13k armor and 9.5k health unbuffed, so I am not geared for Kara at all...I still have 5 greens\the rest blues

We brought in a resto drood with 1.7k heals, a holy pally with 1.7k heals, and a 1k healing shaman, and like 2 overgeared dps\3 undergeared. The first half of Kara was basically a breeze.

I MT'd Attumen and Moroes no wipes, We had the druid OT do Maiden and wiped like 4 times, his gear is only full blue

We had The Crone for Opera and didn't wipe, nor did we wipe on Curator (both of which I MT'd). From what people told me I needed like 12k health to stand a chance here, did I just luck out?

EDIT: i tanked moroes and 2 of his adds with no cc, did pulls before attumen with no cc, did the hallway before maiden with no cc, did the crone without fire for 70% of the fight. we basically didn't have any cc the whole raid haha

EDITEDIT: got the tank gloves off of maiden and the healing bracers =]
Last edited by Belmi on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Belmi

Postby Dendrah » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Well Kara really isn't that hard if you know what you are doing. With a decent bit of CC and the right synergies in the groups it is indeed a breeze.

Did you get anything nice? Then next time will be even easier.
Dendrah

Postby Holyfuri » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 am

There are two things that made kara easy for you I think...

1. Everyone already knew the fights, the trash, the mechanics. When kara first came out that was the hard part. No one knew what to expect.

2. You have two very overgeared healers for the first half of kara, which can make up for alot of the tank's gear deficiencies. you basically compensated for a weak spot and it worked out nicely.

So basically, at this point in the game.... yea, kara's a breeze =)
Holyfuri

Postby ShaiHulud » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:14 am

I was actually discussing this with friends last night on vent. Kara has been nerfed to hell and with badge gear it's a joke. Progression kara when it was end game was hard. There were alot of gear checks in it as well as some of the fights being alot harder than they are today. My progression prince kill was 3 paladins and a priest healing with 5 dps and the MT. Talk about a 10 minute prince kill :P
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Kitsuna » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:39 am

1. Mental competency

2. Adequate preparation (studying up on fights and getting available gear.)

3. Ablity to do something is someone on vent says to do it.

If these items are met, you are good to go.

But as for number 2... you are woefully undergeared for a lot of it. I had 10.4k and uncrushable when I first attempted/cleared kara, and that was pre 10% stamina buff. Overgeared healers can make up for a lot, and it might even be possible to full clear it as you are if they are top notch. Undergeared doesn't mean impossible, just that someone else has to make up for it. And especially so if you are the tank.

Regardless, congratulations on tanking the fights that you did your first run! Even if you have done Kara before, tanking it is a fun and new experience. Find some easy upgrades to make your healers' lives easier if you can, and I'm sure you'll be full clearing in no time.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -DoW
Kitsuna

Location: Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.

Return to Karazhan