Remove Advertisements

So i just did a pointless gruuls today

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So i just did a pointless gruuls today

Postby Toront » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:49 pm

I went gruuls for the 1st time today, and for some reason the group had 4 tanks.... i didnt get to tank anything, there isnt any point in having 4 tanks, right? i outgeared 2 of the other tanks but i got to tank 0, lol, o btw we downed maulgar and gruul which isnt bad since it was our 1st guild run, but again 4 tanks are poinless imo
Toront

Postby Yukionna » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Groups (pugs..) I go with usually take 4 tanks if they are smart, sometimes only 3.

1 for HKM
1 for the Seer
2 for Olm (to taunt off each other when he deathcoils)

If you have 1 tank on Olm and he's undergeared or your healers have A.D.D. then he will die from getting hit in the back and you run the risk of him chasing the tank halfway across the room into the other mobs AoE's. Not-so-smart melee will usually follow if hes the kill target and then die to AoE's.

For guild runs, 3 sounds good.
Yukionna

Postby Toront » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:49 am

Oh i forgot to say, it was a 2 guild run, 12 from my guild and 13 from another, and olm got tanked by the locks and the felhunters, so me and 1 other tank had nothing to do, though the other tank just went cat form and dpsd
Toront

Postby Dendrah » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:29 pm

You can always play the Judgement of Wisdom-bitch to allow your DPS to regain some mana.

Then there is cleansing the polymorphe from Kiggler.

And you can always try some DPS or healing till you run oom.
Dendrah

Postby Cearn » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:20 am

Dendrah wrote:You can always play the Judgement of Wisdom-bitch to allow your DPS to regain some mana.

Then there is cleansing the polymorphe from Kiggler.

And you can always try some DPS or healing till you run oom.

Last time I tried polymorph wasn't cleansable.
For HKM 3 Tanks are fine, on progression kills on Gruul, 4 or even 5 tanks (tanking classes, not tanking specs) can save the kill.
Cearn

Postby samsara » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:55 am

we don't do gruul anymore but we tend to go there with 4 tanks for the simple reason that after downed gruul we did mag where you need them. most of the time one tank logged on to an alt :)
samsara

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag