Eredar Twins

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby PsiVen » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:12 pm

Worldie wrote:Conflag can be bubbled out.

If you happen to get the unlucky Confund->Conflag, you trinket out of confunding, move away, eventually bubble out of conflag.

The current tank cannot get conflag.

*blink*

As far as I can tell Confound can't be trinketed, you have to bubble that. Conflag can be trinketed or bubbled but neither will prevent the people next to you from getting it.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Cakes » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:43 pm

What Psiven said. Confounding is antitrinketable (new word!), but conflag is trinketable. Also of note that you can bubble through the cast of conflag just fine, but remember that it's still cast on you. Several of our pallies have gone through the "I bubbled through conflag, what happened!?" speech. Lastly, the main tank won't be conflagged unless they're clipped by one of the melee or other tanks getting conflag.
Cakes

Postby Tisiphone » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:03 pm

Just had our first evening on these two, even extended raid by 2 hours to try and finish them. First twin down, second twin at 30%, not bad for the first evening, but some guy had to go. We wiped because in P2 the guy on who the Shadow Nova was cast on ran away from the raid. :(

Anyway, tanking her turned out not to be hard at all. I had agi totem and Scorpid Sting up, used Ironshields and armor scrolls while having about 22k HP with imp but no shout. I never died due to simply too much damage. Sometimes I'd get to 5k when she does her famous confound + mh + oh combo, but never died of that.

The biggest problem seems to be positioning her so that the raid doesn't get ninjas and so that I don't get out of LoS of healers. Anyway, the fight seems pretty easy strategy-wise, just requires lots of healing spam. They're going down next week. :)
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Arquine » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:05 pm

Although this is an official farm boss for us we still wipe on them alot. I am trying to push the number of our healers down from 10 to 8. I am just wondering how is that possible. Anyone with some tips? Any strategy that involves anything less than 10 healers will be great.
Arquine

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:35 am

Cakes wrote:What Psiven said. Confounding is antitrinketable (new word!), but conflag is trinketable. Also of note that you can bubble through the cast of conflag just fine, but remember that it's still cast on you. Several of our pallies have gone through the "I bubbled through conflag, what happened!?" speech. Lastly, the main tank won't be conflagged unless they're clipped by one of the melee or other tanks getting conflag.

Confunding is definitively trinkettable, our warrior occasionally gets confunding > conflag and trinkets out of confunding.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ankiseth » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:05 am

Arquine wrote:Although this is an official farm boss for us we still wipe on them alot. I am trying to push the number of our healers down from 10 to 8. I am just wondering how is that possible. Anyone with some tips? Any strategy that involves anything less than 10 healers will be great.

we push it down to 9 at this point. I *think* we've done it with 8, but if so it was probably touch and go on some of the melee sears.
As for the MT/OT discussion, if threat gen on both tanks isn't horribly skewed, and your want your melee/ranged to live *and* DPS, usually the second tank ends up passing the first and they trade it back and forth.

Has anyone else been having confounding+1/2 hits problems? She gib'd both warrs a few times last night, it was kinda stupid :/
Ankiseth

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:16 am

The only way to survive confunding+2x crushing is outhealthing it.

~22k HP is enough.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Ankiseth » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:19 am

Dunno if our warrs bother sitting that high anymore on twins tbh, since they've started re-gemming their SW gear for hit.

Not even saying we need help dealing with it, it's just annoying server lag causing those 3 hits in under a second. (note: that's a case when a paladin would be *sexy*. That OH hit most likely would AD. Possibly the MH depending if it crushes or not).
Ankiseth

Postby Worldie » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:25 am

AD wont' trigger, due to server lag they hit at same time hence AD doesn't have the time to trigger.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby inthedrops » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 am

Couldn't help but share this. Everyone was like "WTF just happened". I look at my grim reaper...

Lock tank got in melee range :) We haven't done that since first learning Twins a while ago.

inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Tisiphone » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:16 am

Ankiseth wrote:Not even saying we need help dealing with it, it's just annoying server lag causing those 3 hits in under a second. (note: that's a case when a paladin would be *sexy*. That OH hit most likely would AD. Possibly the MH depending if it crushes or not).

Dunno about AD, but I have had 2 hits right after confound and never died of it. Didn't have time to check if they were crushes though. I guess getting 2 crushes right after confound could be deadly.
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:16 am

Picking up from my other post that I will probably let drop...

I've been tasked to come up with as much front-end agro as possible for this fight. Reverse Order.

Gear:
http://armorylite.com/us/kHadgar/dragonzbane

Thoughts on replacing Myrmidon's with T6 boots?
I'll lose a little uncrushablity but gain in SD, BV and Armor.

Rotation (HS&Conc assumed):
I was starting with AW, Exorcism, JotC then trying to build up SoV, but it seems too slow.

I am thinking about AW, Exorcism, JoR, SoR, then JotC on the second Judgement. I'm thinking of adding a Destro pot to that starting rotation and then try to work in SoV later when I get solid agro. Sound good?

Consumables:
I am considering SD food instead of Stam food.
or
Blinding Light flask instead of Fort and going with Stam food to even things out.
or
Should I just stay with Fort/Stam?

Do you guys use AS at all?
I've only used it after a Confounding if I didn't get agro right away.

PS: When I get conflag I hit my trinket and then run behind Alythess.
Is this what you guys are doing?
Dragonzbane

Postby Lieris » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Dragonzbane wrote:Picking up from my other post that I will probably let drop...

I've been tasked to come up with as much front-end agro as possible for this fight. Reverse Order.

Gear:
http://armorylite.com/us/kHadgar/dragonzbane

Thoughts on replacing Myrmidon's with T6 boots?
I'll lose a little uncrushablity but gain in SD, BV and Armor.

Sure. It's not hard reaching uncrushable if you have agility totem and scorpid sting.

Rotation (HS&Conc assumed):
I was starting with AW, Exorcism, JotC then trying to build up SoV, but it seems too slow.

I don't start the tanking and I open with AW.

I am thinking about AW, Exorcism, JoR, SoR, then JotC on the second Judgement. I'm thinking of adding a Destro pot to that starting rotation and then try to work in SoV later when I get solid agro. Sound good?

I've never felt the need to use Destro pots. Stick to ironshields.

Consumables:
I am considering SD food instead of Stam food.
or
Blinding Light flask instead of Fort and going with Stam food to even things out.
or
Should I just stay with Fort/Stam?

Stamina all the way.

Do you guys use AS at all?
I've only used it after a Confounding if I didn't get agro right away.

I am too scared to! :P But I guess that works.

PS: When I get conflag I hit my trinket and then run behind Alythess.
Is this what you guys are doing?

I run north east.

Threat is really really easy here. Back when I speced 40/21 I actually had to hold back on threat or my warrior co-tank would never be able to get aggro back. With all the raid damage it's very easy to make off tank threat.

*goes back to watching people jihad the raid with fire blooms*
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Extremity » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:50 pm

Just got our first kill on our third attempt of the night tonight. I was the "second" tank although I pulled off our warrior pretty quick. 40/21 spec, full spell damage consumables (blinding light, spell damage food, wizard oil). I didn't wear any uncrushable set, just my normal one.

We did the "reverse" strategy and it was probably the easiest fight I have seen in Sunwell. Sit, nuke heal and DPS. Collect loot.
Extremity

Postby PsiVen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:27 pm

So I got gibbed for the first time tonight, lawl @

Shadow Blades
Flame Sear
MH block
OH block
Confound
MH crush

in 2 seconds
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014