Some help, Nightbane/Gruul

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Some help, Nightbane/Gruul

Postby Merodyn » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:28 am

So my guild is going strong, it's been up for 2 weeks and we cleared whole of karazhan except nightbane and netherspite. We kinda lack a warrior tank that is active though and me and a drood been MT most of it. Tanked every boss except maiden/aran.

My question now is how i should prepare myself for Nightbane first of all. We were going to take him out today but i've gotten these lagg spikes lately and i'm the only one with the urn atm.

Anyway how to avoid the fear?

First of all i got the 2 min CD trinket which might help some. I've also seen that u can use divine shield to break fear. But is there anymore stuff that u should/have to use? or is these 2 CDs enough?
Generally any tips on Nightbane MTanking and i'll be a very happy blood elf:)

Also How do you propose i should prepare myself for Gruul? Right now i got this gear:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &n=Merodyn
Ii'll soon have the Engineering head so that will help me some with mitigation and the Lunacy deck is waiting in my bank to be turned in tomorrow, so that will give me the possibility to have 2 trinkets with + 51 stamina.
Merodyn

Postby adese » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:44 pm

If you do a search here, there are a few threads up regarding strategies for tanking Nightbane. Basically, it boils down to using the 2 min PvP trinket, a macro for DS and BoP, and hope that you can get him back on to you before he kills anyone in the raid.
adese

Postby Merodyn » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:58 pm

Tho i cant use Bop while feared right? so do i have to use it directly before fear?
Merodyn

Postby adese » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:10 pm

Yes. His fear is a 1-2 second cast (IIRC), giving you enough time to BoP or DS yourself before the fear hits. Just try to remove it as soon as you can after, so that you'll keep aggro.
adese

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:05 pm

Just make sure you have a shaman or two in your group. Tremor totem means you don't have to mess around with trinkets and bubbles and whatnot. It's really very easy, I never stay feared for more than a second.

Before I tanked this fight I used to dread it, I cursed our fear vulnerability and the lack of fear ward on horde side. When I got round to it we killed it one shot. It's grossly overrated in difficulty and our ability to AOE tank all the skeletons is a huge boon.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Tresjynn » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:17 pm

Wouldn't that only be used as a last-resort if all your cooldowns are waiting? As in, rely on trinket/BoP/DS if they're there, but have a tremor totem down just in case? I keep hearing that he likes to go off and cleave people who resist the fear/outrange the fear. That and the period in between totem pulses.
Two accounts, two tankadins! Raaar.
Tresjynn

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:36 pm

Nope, tremor totems work perfectly, just have everyone in fear range as an extra precaution.

That is a screenshot from this Saturday. It was my first Nightbane kill with my new guild (they had never done the fight before without a warrior) and it was a clean one (no ankhs or battle reses were used), perfectly executed by everyone. It's not a hard fight guys! With two tremor totems you won't spend more than a second feared and it has the added benefit of boosting your melee DPS.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby SmurfZG » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:44 am

tremors are unreliable
SmurfZG

Postby Lieris » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:49 am

Care to expand on that? They are perfectly reliable for me.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Kayoto » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:29 am

Does BoP really prevent his fear from landing? That doesn't seem to make much sense, unless his Fear is considered a physical attack somehow.

Edit: Also, slightly off-topic question, where does everyone get the cool Pally tanking information signature pictures? XD
Kayoto

Postby Tanks-PL » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:59 am

His fear is considered a physical attack.
Tanks-PL

Postby Roflzburger » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:59 pm

My group killed Nightbane recently and as far as I know the main paladin tank didn't use Bubble or Trinket. I believe we had a tremor totem since we had a shaman, but the most important strat was that everyone was in fear range, so nightbane never left the tank.
Roflzburger

Postby Demiblade » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:47 am

Demiblade

Return to Karazhan