OT a kara PUG toda...

Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Opera, Curator, Illhoof, Aran, Netherspite, Chess, Prince, Nightbane

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

OT a kara PUG toda...

Postby Morza » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:20 am

I OT a kara pug today.Was horrible.The MT was so horribly geared I ended up having to MT alot of the time.Downed Attuman first try (he hits like a bitch).

Group asked me to MT but I declined since I didnt know the pulls or any of the fights.So the warrior went to respec prot (turns out he had some nice tanking gear.some T4 and kara gear). We then wiped on Moroes 3 times b/c we didnt have enough DPS.Raid leader kicked the 2 mages that went AFK and invited 2 rogues.Killed Moroes on 4th try (hits like a bitch also but still harder than attuman)

Moroes dropped the tanking belt and the other prot pally got pissed b/c he didnt automatically get it.said his gear sucked so he deserved it.Then we rolled I won and got the belt.

More Afkers and more replacements then continued on to Maiden.Wiped on first try b/c we didnt have enough DPS.Got her down to 26%.Warrior suggested we kick the other pally b/c he was kinda just there.Not doing enough dmg and not tanking anything.He got all pissed and said they should kick me b/c he started the kara raid.Kicked him got a druid and wiped 2 more times on Maiden then group fell apart.

I now know i cant tank upto maiden tho lol.But how does a pally tank Maiden with the constant silence going on? When the MT died she went straight for the healers b/c i couldnt build any threat on her.
Morza

Re: OT a kara PUG toda...

Postby wawel » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:04 am

Morza wrote:I now know i cant tank upto maiden tho lol.But how does a pally tank Maiden with the constant silence going on? When the MT died she went straight for the healers b/c i couldnt build any threat on her.

Why cant you tank maiden? That silence affects only spells with spell cast time. Cons and JoR are instant. Its easy mode to be honest.
wawel

Postby Barathorn » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:17 am

Her silence isn't 'that' bad, you just have to pummel 4 buttons,

Consecrate
Holy shield
SoR
Judgement

Its really hard to get the knack of if your at the right gear level, as you get more epics its becomes a bit of a lolfest to be honest. 2 minutes of keyboard bashing for 2 Epics really. You do need to MT her though, or chain drink mana pots, because you need the mana for threat. OT maiden is not a good role for us in honesty, its either MT or cleanse duty.

Good luck!

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Origon » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:05 am

Combine that with the fact that melee dps has to run out to bandage / heal / lolwell and is having periods of 0 dps, and that ranged is affected by repentance (unless they run in and take a tick to get knocked out of it ;) your threat isnt that bad if you keep your holy shield up as much as possible, have SoR on as much as you can and just mash consecrate when not mashing the other 2
Origon

Postby Thenin » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:29 am

Yup. First time I was MT, I was the only tank until we got to R&J in the Opera. I was a little worried about Maiden but managed to 1-shot her by hammering consecrate, HS, and S/JoR. It's crazy hectic - I was laughing my head off the entire time at how insanely I was hammering my keys - but it's very doable.
Thenin

Postby Amirya » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:28 pm

If you have a hunter in the group, have them MD her to you.

Unless I'm solo tanking, I just usually make my OT deal with her, and I go on cleanse duty.

But if I'm solo tanking, I just lol at the dps who forget she spam silences and doesn't let me build aggro, all the while banging on my keyboard in my insane attempts to get a fucking HS or Consecrate off.

I'm waiting for the keyboard to break.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Holyfuri » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:48 pm

Amirya wrote:If you have a hunter in the group, have them MD her to you.

Unless I'm solo tanking, I just usually make my OT deal with her, and I go on cleanse duty.

But if I'm solo tanking, I just lol at the dps who forget she spam silences and doesn't let me build aggro, all the while banging on my keyboard in my insane attempts to get a fucking HS or Consecrate off.

I'm waiting for the keyboard to break.

On my second, personally... lol.
Holyfuri

Postby Evoluminare » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:23 pm

I noticed that her holy ground DOES affect our spells. It seemed to silence me last night (3 seconds?). Never noticed this since I'm usually on dispel duty.

Anyone else confirm this? It constantly said "Silenced ERROR YOU FAIL" on my screen.

I think my SD was high enough that if I laid down a consecrate and was able to squeeze in a seal/judge, I was able to hold aggro for the fight. Guess ret aura and BoSanc also helped.

If you're having difficulty holding aggro because of her silences, then you may need to bump up your SD - gotta get more bang for your buck.
Evoluminare

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:41 pm

Yeah, maidens a dog.

As far as raid functionallity goes myself and the raid leaders both agree that a pallytank has far more usefullness as a offhealer and cleanser.

Let the OT warrior/druid tank it - unless they are majorly undergeared.
Not being silenced they can put out more threat, and thus dps go harder.

Kara has alot of healing plate items, so without even trying ive accumulated a healing offset that does +1100heals. Handy if the main healers get stunned.
The other pally in our group is ret, so he is understandably a little busy to cleanse/heal.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby StopPokingMe » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:47 pm

When I solo tank Kara that makes me Tank the Behemoth known as Maiden. Seriously have to button mash every spell until it is cast, this usually slows down my threat generation so to make up for it I judge Crusader on her and that helps make up for the down periods waiting for consecrate, SoR, and Holy Shield. Next Time I down her, I'm gonna try to use Seal of Vengeance which should be effective on this particular fight.

Has anyone ever tanked her with vengeance?
StopPokingMe

Postby Spectrum » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Maiden is pretty easy. I don't know what everyone is thinking when they say Pallies have a hard time.

Her silences are perfect for a three-skill rotation based off Holy Shield's cooldown. I.e. you don't have to drop Holy Shield.

Usually I start with a shield throw, then drag her to the center and cast my holy shield before the first silence, then it's JotC and apply SoR (yay macros), then consecrate, then holy shield, then JoR and apply SoV (yay macros again!), then I fall into a rotation for the rest of the fight:

HS -> Judge + SoV -> Consecrate -> repeat -> win -> loot

Just spam each button as the cooldown is coming up until it goes off so that you can get it off as soon as possible. I've never had any trouble just rotating these three. I essentially have my full threat rotation going with HS up 100%.

There is no reason a pally can't tank Maiden.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Return to Karazhan