Illidari Council

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:23 pm

Honorshammer wrote:Would you recommend switching to a weapon like Sun Eater for the Rogue?

Higher white DPS/threat if you get Spell Warding, plus more avoidance to dodge more of his attacks?
I tank with the decapitator <3
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby honorshammer » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Honorshammer wrote:Would you recommend switching to a weapon like Sun Eater for the Rogue?

Higher white DPS/threat if you get Spell Warding, plus more avoidance to dodge more of his attacks?

Let's assume, just for argument's sake, that Prince hates you for all the times you tanked his sorry Eredar tail into the ground and refused to give one up (or a Gorehowl).
honorshammer

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:52 pm

Honorshammer wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

Let's assume, just for argument's sake, that Prince hates you for all the times you tanked his sorry Eredar tail into the ground and refused to give one up (or a Gorehowl).
I'll give you mine o.o

But sure it works fairly well. doesn't change much.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Seloei » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:26 pm

Had Decaptitator for a while, almost never used it.

Instead of relying on Avenger's Shield to hit him, remember where you left him. Judge up Blood (if your horde) or Righteous and get near him. Wack him once and he will not even go for a healer and you can position yourself that he doesn't run past you for a healer so that you can hit him atleast once.

If his spell immune he however is not immune to taunts, and that is usually enough to get him back to you so you wack him once.

Oh... Hammer of Wrath is neither a spell or melee attack... as it worked both with melee immune and spell immune.
Seloei

Postby iliya » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Is there any kind of acceptable substitute for a Decapitator? Tonight was my first night tanking the rogue, and after a few missteps, I got the hang of it, but on the third wipe, I had the bad fortune of him having the spell warding blessing on and he was out of range.... and as a result, I had to sit out. :(
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

Postby inthedrops » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:39 pm

iliya wrote:Is there any kind of acceptable substitute for a Decapitator? Tonight was my first night tanking the rogue, and after a few missteps, I got the hang of it, but on the third wipe, I had the bad fortune of him having the spell warding blessing on and he was out of range.... and as a result, I had to sit out. :(

That's lame :(. Make sure the raid knows why it was an issue. A well timed taunt can help but there's not much else that can be done.

I can say that the frequency that this happens isn't very big. Maybe 1 in 20 fights. It sucks when they go for that healer that's out of taunt range but really there's not much yo can do but call it out in Vent/TS asap.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby iliya » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:41 pm

He can be taunted, though, right? Perhaps next time, I'll be sure to keep that in mind, since I thought that he was immune to it.
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

Postby Elysianlight » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:34 pm

Just a question about the trash leading to council. I tanked 4-5 mobs at a time last night during some of it and i am positive that the illidari assassins crit me even though i have 527 defense, so Im just curious if anyone has any idea there crit chance?
Elysianlight

Postby Worldie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:58 pm

They got something like 10% crit chance, it's normal to take a couple crits from them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby ShaiHulud » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:07 pm

iliya wrote:He can be taunted, though, right? Perhaps next time, I'll be sure to keep that in mind, since I thought that he was immune to it.

Yes they can be taunted. Our GM (Holy Pally) taunts the rogue all the time when our rogue tank fails miserably.
^The new WoTLK Main
^Old TBC main
ShaiHulud

Postby Falibard » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:53 am

In the post 3.0 world, is the rogue still the way to go for a paladin tank? Or does priest become the better choice since we have an interrupt now?
Falibard

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:05 am

Is Judgement of Blood STILL not resistable?

We killed the council yesterday and twice (!) he re-appeared with the magic immune shield already on him.

Decaptitator has like a 5 min CD and the hunters did give me missdirection, but one died because of that.
Sarkan-ZdC

Previous

Return to Black Temple