Remove Advertisements

Flash of Light glyph + Beacon of Liight?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Flash of Light glyph + Beacon of Liight?

Postby Candiru » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:37 am

I was wondering how the flash of light glyph (50%base heal, but with an extra 100%base heal as a hot) works with Beacon. Does the hot heal the target of the beacon too?

If that is the case, then on a fight like felmyst getting a flash hot on as many targets as possible will give a 50% increase to healing on the MT compeared to just normal FoL spam on targets.

Will that make Flash better than HolyLight for HealsPerSecondCasting?

Beacon only works off effecitve healing at the moment right? So this wouldn't work for fights without massive AoE unless that gets changed.
Candiru

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:41 am

what's the base HPS of the HoT? You can only keep the HoT up on like 10 targets, and that's with 0 downtime between FoL casts. 8 seems more reasonable.

So, FoL's HoT's HPSx8. Compare with HL(maybe HL + Splash? does the splash spread to the beacon?)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Jessiespano » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:49 am

It looks like the FoL HoT scales off of the exact amount healed. One thing to note is cutting your initial FoL in half makes Sheath HoTs pretty weak. One thing I forgot to test was whether or not Avenging Wrath would increase the healing of HoTs already on the target or if it only affected heals cast after the wings are popped. Overall, it does seem fairly powerful, aside from the fact that FoL becomes fairly weak as a tank heal.

However, the combo of Glyphed FoL and Beacon of Light looks to be pretty solid.
Jessiespano

Postby Candiru » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:53 am

Do the hots "roll" like sheath hots or do they simply overwrite? if you try to replace a stronger one with a weaker one does it just get "lost"?

the exact way these HoTs work will make them either very good, or complete garbage.
Candiru

Postby Jessiespano » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:16 am

Candiru wrote:Do the hots "roll" like sheath hots or do they simply overwrite? if you try to replace a stronger one with a weaker one does it just get "lost"?

the exact way these HoTs work will make them either very good, or complete garbage.

I didn't test it that much, but they definitely don't stack. I can't remember if it overwrites no matter what, or if it keeps the previous value. I think that it applies the FoL HoT based on the total healing, so overhealing will still apply the HoT. That one should be pretty easy to test with a DF+AW+Trinket FoL at full health and then switching into prot gear.
Jessiespano

Return to WotLK