How do you hold threat on VR

A'lar, Void Reaver, Solarian, Kael'thas

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

How do you hold threat on VR

Postby jcamper1337 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:56 am

We run VR for fun sometimes just to get some alts t5 or for some of the minor upgrades for our current raiders.

Im currently Main tanking him from the start and after the first punt I never get him back at all. We do use either 2 Very geared Feral druids or a Feral druid and a Geared Warrior tank. they keep dodging the punts and i still cant dodge or block them. I was just woundering If i should just throw threat gen gear on and let my healers work a little harder or not.

Heres an armory link just for S&G :-p
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Jcamper
jcamper1337

Postby Maat » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:32 am

I jack a shadow priest and shaman for my party (and a ret paladin if I'm lucky) and go all-out on threat with flask and other consumables.

Judge crusader if I don't have a ret pally, pop wings, pop destro potion if I feel like it, pop trinket when wings fade, hit all my max ranks while shadow priest feeds me rage~ Think I held it until ~15% last time until my warrior OT got punted out (and went and jacked a warlock), then I had it until 0% Druid OT would gain more threat naturally.

(still use the shield block libram with BT gear? O.o)
Maat

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:13 am

Back then, i used to put on all the spelldam gear i had, which included spelldam neck/rings/back/trinkets.

I was crittable, crushable, with 16k raidbuffed HP.

But 1k buffed spelldam pre trinket :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:43 am

Like worldie said: Tons of spell damage. I tank him with 800 holy damage buffed before Jotc (I prefer jow when not being hit). When you first get him pop wings and you threat trinket to have a massive boost in threat. Only use r4 consecrate when you aren't being hit, not r6. A SP is godly for ths fight as are the 2pc t4 bonus and the 4pc T6 bonus.

That said another way of keeping aggro is to have a decent amout of SD and a lot of avoidence to prevent knockbacks.
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Seloei » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:36 pm

"Dude your taking some serious damage" "Yeah, but it's still not enough to get me to full mana >.>"

Who cares about crushable, just get 15k buffed health and stack spelldamage everywhere, even if you do get knocked back you will catch up decently if you are not oom.
Seloei

Postby jcamper1337 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:15 pm

thanks for the help im now having a problem with bloodboil of not being able to drop threat fast enough. i tank him to 50% or so then i just die and the other 2 tanks get him it seams
jcamper1337

Postby Karador » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:54 am

On Bloodboil the trick I found is to just let one of the other tanks get the MD at the start and blow wings and catch him that way. Giving another tank a MD lead will allow you to catch him without getting a ton of threat ahead of them and trying to stop while they catch up to you.
Karador

Postby Tiranknight » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:07 pm

I started off Void Reaver today was around 600 buffed Spell Damage. Opened with Avenger's Shield, managed to get up a 5 stack of Seal of Vengeance really quickly with a Judged Crusader, managed to hold him after 1 knockback... after the 2nd knockback though the Feral Druid got him and for the life of me I could not get him back the rest of the fight... Using Max rank Cons..and popping wings... it was ridiculous the Feral Druid was just destroying the other tanks in threat after that... so he just had him the rest of the fight.
Tiranknight

Postby majiben » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:49 pm

Yeah..... Your SP isn't the threat stat you need anymore. Your AP is what we would need to know.

I took him from 100-.08% yesterday with 2200AP and 600 SP buffed. I would have held him the whole time but we lost 7 dps as soon as we started.
majiben

Postby Tiranknight » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Majiben wrote:Yeah..... Your SP isn't the threat stat you need anymore. Your AP is what we would need to know.

I took him from 100-.08% yesterday with 2200AP and 600 SP buffed. I would have held him the whole time but we lost 7 dps as soon as we started.

Well that was a little while before the patch when that happened, haven't tried the VR fight since the patch but I'm guessing I would be the un-questioned Aggro leader now.
Tiranknight

Postby majiben » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:15 pm

Tiranknight wrote:
Majiben wrote:Yeah..... Your SP isn't the threat stat you need anymore. Your AP is what we would need to know.

Well that was a little while before the patch when that happened, haven't tried the VR fight since the patch but I'm guessing I would be the un-questioned Aggro leader now.
I apologize. For some reason this thread showed up to me as just posted in (prehaps the new post was deleted quickly?) and I saw the date as being the 28th.
majiben

Return to Tempest Keep