Bug on Eredar Twins?

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Bug on Eredar Twins?

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:55 pm

For some reason, I frequently have problem with Lady Sacrolash continuing to attack me when confounded rather than switching to the other tank like she normally does.
Because I am stunned, this often results in me taking strings of crushing blows, as you can see from the screenshot.
Multiple paladin tanks we've used on this encounter have had a problem with the exact same thing occuring, whereas the warriors and druids never seem to have it happen, and thus have an easier job surviving.

Any thoughts?

p.s. dont comment on my ui, I just completely rebuilt it from the ground up since taking that screenshot. I'm preparing to start filming kill movies for tanking all the sunwell bosses, and naturally want to have a pro-looking and clean ui.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Mex » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:43 pm

It's happened a couple of times to our warrior tank. Generally just confound, then hit, then switch though.
Mex

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:47 pm

It's a common occurrence to get confunding + 2 melee hits.

That's why you need 22-23k HP to outhealth the confunding.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:13 pm

Depending on how many attempts we see on these gals every week, I'll see it at least once on our warrior tanks.
Cakes

Postby Lieris » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:42 pm

It happens and class has nothing to do with it. It's fairly uncommon though and you have to be really unlucky to have it happen to you more than once in an evening in my experience.

A bit off topic but you shouldn't use flask of blinding light here and certainly not hex shrunken head, threat is very easy here.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Ankiseth » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:13 pm

server lag is not your friend.
Ankiseth

Postby Elsie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:17 pm

This happens due to the same reason Brutallus doesn't activate Ardent Defender. Sadly, there's really no good way around it except to maybe make her do Shadow Nova after every confound (so she never melee's right after).
Elsie

Re: Bug on Eredar Twins?

Postby Tyaera » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Joanadark wrote:Image

For some reason, I frequently have problem with Lady Sacrolash continuing to attack me when confounded rather than switching to the other tank like she normally does.
Because I am stunned, this often results in me taking strings of crushing blows, as you can see from the screenshot.
Multiple paladin tanks we've used on this encounter have had a problem with the exact same thing occuring, whereas the warriors and druids never seem to have it happen, and thus have an easier job surviving.

Any thoughts?

p.s. dont comment on my ui, I just completely rebuilt it from the ground up since taking that screenshot. I'm preparing to start filming kill movies for tanking all the sunwell bosses, and naturally want to have a pro-looking and clean ui.

You raid with Forar, don't you?
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:02 pm

You raid with Forar, don't you?

yes. why?

oh, btw, my new, cleaner, ui:

Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Joanadark » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:05 pm

A bit off topic but you shouldn't use flask of blinding light here and certainly not hex shrunken head, threat is very easy here.

this fight is farm status. The blinding Light is left over from the prior elements of sunwell.

And I wasnt using Hex Shrunken Head, it was just on my bars. I run with PvP Trinket and Commendation for this fight.
Joanadark

Postby Worldie » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:29 pm

Man you need a bigger screen.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:44 am

22" high def widescreen monitor.

?
Joanadark

Postby PsiVen » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:06 am

I've only ever taken one melee hit during a Confound, but we've had nights where our bear is just continually getting raped by Confound+Crush combos. Luck of the draw I guess.

Poo poo on the aggro flask IMO, moar hps!
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:41 am

Joanadark wrote:

22" high def widescreen monitor.

?

You play at a small resolution then o_O check this, and i play on a laptop.

That said, if you need threat so bad to have to go Blinding Light, it's time to spec 40/21!

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:31 am

eww players who zoom out a billion lightyears. =P

personal preference. I like my perspective from my character to be a little bit more.... intimate.

Its all about camera control.
Joanadark

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau