Itemization problem, please add your 2 cents

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Soltyr » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:52 am

Spacemagic wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:
Spacemagic wrote:Do DK's use a 2-hander to tank or two 1-handers?? if it's the latter, then maybe this sword is for them. It seems even faster than warrior tank weapons im used to...Sun Eater 1.60, King's Defender 1.60...etc. I just saw it and thought DK.
Deathknights use 2hers to tank.


o well, i tried :)


Parrythingie aside, I suppose hit rating could steal a pretty chunk of mitigation stat in order to tank smoothly in DW. So no worth the trade.
Image
User avatar
Soltyr
 
Posts: 480
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:02 pm

Postby fiorina » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:05 pm

Dunno, I tried attacking dummy with:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41824
and then
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=36984

Difference in HotR was 700 hit vs 500. Not so big threat loss AFAIK.
Especially according to threat meters, I am doing 2k TPS anytime and all DPSers max 800.

But yes, general logic is silly.
User avatar
fiorina
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1027
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:07 pm

Postby tullock » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:33 pm

fiorina wrote:Dunno, I tried attacking dummy with:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41824
and then
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=36984

Difference in HotR was 700 hit vs 500. Not so big threat loss AFAIK.
Especially according to threat meters, I am doing 2k TPS anytime and all DPSers max 800.

But yes, general logic is silly.


If my understanding of the threat multipliers on hotr is correct, wouldnt 200 damage equate to roughly 75tps, which is about the gap between using a kings defender and a s2 spellmace on live? I mean, we crucify people around here for doing that dont we? I dont know how big the threat gap is on beta however, so mabye it just doesnt matter anymore.

edit for my bad spelling
User avatar
tullock
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:11 pm

Postby Dorvan » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:05 pm

Tullock wrote:
fiorina wrote:Dunno, I tried attacking dummy with:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=41824
and then
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=36984

Difference in HotR was 700 hit vs 500. Not so big threat loss AFAIK.
Especially according to threat meters, I am doing 2k TPS anytime and all DPSers max 800.

But yes, general logic is silly.


If my understanding of the threat multipliers on hotr is correct, wouldnt 200 damage equate to roughly 75tps, which is about the gap between using a kings defender and a s2 spellmace on live? I mean, we crucify people around here for doing that dont we? I dont know how big the threat gap is on beta however, so mabye it just doesnt matter anymore.

edit for my bad spelling


Yeah, your math seems correct. There's no way any tank should write off 75 tps as insignificant....especially when one option is strictly superior to the other, as slow weapons are to fast ones given our mechanics. Even if our threat is triple what it is on live that'd be like throwing away a talent point or two.
Last edited by Dorvan on Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby Selinaria » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:08 pm

Dorvan wrote:Yeah, your math seems correct. There's no way any tank should write off 75 tps as insignificant.


Agreed. 75 tps + the ability to use a proper tank weapon with good tanking stats to it's fullest potential is just too big of a difference to write off. We really gotta nip this problem in the butt now or we are gonna face the same problems we faced weapon wise (in BC) going forward again :cry:
Selinaria was suddenly surrounded by a gang of sharks, a cracked bat as her only protection!
Image
User avatar
Selinaria
 
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:55 am
Location: Burlington,Ontario, Canada

Previous

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest