Remove Advertisements

World record bear run?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:15 pm

I've been working on getting everyone in our guild a bear ... 15 down, 25 to go ...

I've been taking a shadow priest lately because I am a selfish bastard and chain-chugging pots was getting expensive. Like, I'd use one pot in a 3 hour raid, then the rest of the stack in ZA.

Our usual load out is something along the lines of:

Prot paladin
Shadow Priest
CoH Priest or Resto Druid
Warlock (for CoR)
Resto Shaman

Feral Druid/OT
Fury Warrior
Rogue
Enhancement Shaman
BM Hunter or Ret Paladin

Double lust/heroism is certainly quite nice.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Ryuusuke » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:58 am

However using 5-6 Melees as you've pointed out COULD become quite troublesome on Akil'zon, couldn't it?
(Should be the 1st one with his Stormy AE stuff)

I already feel quite uncomfortable when using 4 melees xD

// My usual Setup looks something like
Prot Pala
Offtank
Any Melee
Any other Melee
Hunter o. Lock

Shadow
Pala
Priest o. Shaman (heal)
Mage o. Owl
Lock o. any Ranged

intern record is 11:58 time left (with a sell run - one undergeared green guy)
Ryuusuke

Postby Helenia » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:42 am

Having a ret paladin is HUGE for the second blessing, but damn they are hard to find. (geared/skilled ones that is)
Helenia

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:00 pm

13 minutes and 15 seconds remaining on kill yesturday. Guild record. Our previous best was 8 mins.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Joanadark wrote:13 minutes and 15 seconds remaining on kill yesturday. Guild record. Our previous best was 8 mins.

Haha, that's a big jump, did you guys take a few months off on bear runs, til some blue said get them while they are hot?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Joanadark » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:40 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Joanadark wrote:13 minutes and 15 seconds remaining on kill yesturday. Guild record. Our previous best was 8 mins.

Haha, that's a big jump, did you guys take a few months off on bear runs, til some blue said get them while they are hot?

something like that.

Speaking of which, I got the bear on that particular run, as well as a berserkers call.

Setup was:

Prot/Arms hybrid warrior
Enhancement Shaman
Enhancement Shaman
Warglaive Rogue
Survival Hunter

Prot Paladin
Boomkin
Holy Paladin
Resto Shaman
Shadow Priest

We're gonna start selling bears now every reset until 3.0 for 6k gold each.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Mex » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Best I've done personally is 10 minutes left, the one that I'm most impressed with was ~20 seconds left with 90% alts (1 T6 warlock, ok so we cheated).

Current world record is around ~20 minutes left I believe? That is 25 minutes from first guardians to Halazzi dead.

http://wowwebstats.com/lfb1scnxuhkj1 -- 33 minutes total for the run, including Hex Lord and Zuljin.

http://wowwebstats.com/2gpuqbkk2tiu1 -- Another 33 minute run

So yeah, that's ZJ dead with 12 minutes still on the bear timer :) Pretty impressive! Both runs are solo healed.

http://wowwebstats.com/ugpgxefemo2q1 -- 40 minute run here, but double healer and only one tank for most of it! Prot pally tanked everything except troll form Nalorakk I think, which was tanked by the DPS warrior, and the lynx spirit, which looks like it was tanked by the warlock oO? Tanked Jan'alai and all the dragonhawks though!

I also saw a 35 minute
Mex

Postby Tieran » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:03 am

See I have been thinking about this:

Paladins solo tanking the dragonhawk boss.

The only issue I can see is that you MAY get overwhelmed with the debuffs... and as such take enormous spike dmg which is un-healable.

The benefit gained is small though, I guess ~1 min if he is caught up in all the AoE, and the chances of it going tits up are high.

Otherwise.. weeeee destro pots and wings :D

Our guild best is 9 minutes, we had it last week, I lost the bear roll due to random number generator despite needing for the same roll... but I dont care cus I got SMI that night aswell :P
Tieran

Postby Mialina » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:25 pm

I've been tanking him solo for a long time, it all began when my OT dced during the trash going to Jan'alai :)
Its doable with decent gear and decent healers (2 is enough). I wonder how it can be done with only 1 healer though, need a pretty imba healer for that job :)
Mialina

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:36 pm

30 bear runs in a row ...

somebody kill me please.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Mex » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:43 am

Tieran wrote:See I have been thinking about this:

Paladins solo tanking the dragonhawk boss.

The only issue I can see is that you MAY get overwhelmed with the debuffs... and as such take enormous spike dmg which is un-healable.

The benefit gained is small though, I guess ~1 min if he is caught up in all the AoE, and the chances of it going tits up are high.

Otherwise.. weeeee destro pots and wings :D

Our guild best is 9 minutes, we had it last week, I lost the bear roll due to random number generator despite needing for the same roll... but I dont care cus I got SMI that night aswell :P

Yeah the debuffs SEEM nasty but they're not too bad. I had them stack up to 70 last run, but it's only a 2% increase per stack, so 140% more damage in total. That's 12k from a flame breath, which is nasty, but with healthstone/trinket + quick heals you can live through it. Once the adds are dead, wait for the next lot of bombs and bubble the debuffs off.

FR Aura helps a lot too.
Mex

Postby Necrolite » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:31 pm

there's a guild on my server currently doing bear runs with 18mins spare. selling them for 13k each :E

luckily i have mine already from a guild run. 13 bears out of 19 logged runs.
Necrolite

Postby Cakes » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:02 am

Hmm... didn't notice this thread before. We've hit 15 minutes left, but I obviously don't have any screenshot proof :/ If we weren't always running it for money, I'd say we have a good chance at 20 minutes left on the timer.
Cakes

Postby fafhrd » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:37 pm

Oo, old thread is interesting.

Lore, you'd have done even better on that first post's clear if turd had kept expose armor up and killingyou kept faerie fire up! shitty debuff list ftl.

not sure what our times currently would be, have only done halfassed runs to sell the mount recently.

regarding single tanking dragonhawk, some of our early (3 timer) runs when we were still working up to our first bear we had a warrior single tank dragonhawk - it was pretty epic and worked like this:

i. Kill all the hatchers, nuke boss.
ii. at 30% or whatever, all eggs hatch, healers stay near middle, tank challenging shouts + shieldwalls
iii. everyone goes nuts with AoE and kills them before the taunt wears out
iv. proceeding with killing boss.

the downside of this strat was that if we screwed it up, we couldn't repeat since shieldwall was down. it did work beautifully four or five times though.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Helenia » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:30 pm

I've made around 40,000g from selling bear mounts for 10k a pop.
Helenia

PreviousNext

Return to Zul'aman