An idea to fix Reckoning I posted on the Beta forums.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Obrimos » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:38 am

moduspwnens wrote:Meh, I think it takes away from the original flavor of the talent. I'd prefer a "Windfury" effect on my next ShoR or HotR.

Why not just make it Windfury?

"Reckoning:
The Paladin imbues his weapon with Holy power, giving him a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to gain Reckoning on melee hit."

Then make it proc off of ShoR and HotR as well as normal attacks and make the damage Holy instead of Physical.
Obrimos

Postby Elsie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:07 pm

Why not give it a chance to reduce all current CDs by half or instantly refresh a threat ability?

An SotR followed by another instant SotR is certainly a force to reckon with.
Elsie

Postby fizikz » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Elsie wrote:Why not give it a chance to reduce all current CDs by half or instantly refresh a threat ability?

An SotR followed by another instant SotR is certainly a force to reckon with.

i c wut u did thurr.

...but seriously, where am i getting 5 points for reckoning? :(
Sexual Harassment is the new Purple.
-Vanifae
fizikz

Postby Nich » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:43 pm

Obrimos wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Meh, I think it takes away from the original flavor of the talent. I'd prefer a "Windfury" effect on my next ShoR or HotR.

"Reckoning:
The Paladin imbues his weapon with Holy power, giving him a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to gain Reckoning on melee hit."

Then make it proc off of ShoR and HotR as well as normal attacks and make the damage Holy instead of Physical.

I like this idea, but it only really works for single-target or small-group fights.

I'd probably be happy to see reckoning remain based on our being hit, but also include full blocks, misses, dodges and parries. Bam, inverse scaling removed.

That, and combine it with the extra attacks being holy damage. Then it works as extra threat/damage, seal independent.
Nich

Postby Obrimos » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:19 pm

Nich wrote:
Obrimos wrote:

"Reckoning:

I like this idea, but it only really works for single-target or small-group fights.

Dunno why; it's just as useful as it is now when it procs, it just procs off of hitting things instead of being hit.
Obrimos

Postby Drathian » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Honestly, both redoubt and reckoning need to be completely scrapped and replaced with an on-demand activated ability: one for mitigation/survival and one for threat, respectively. We have enough passive talents.
Drathian

Postby Jessiespano » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:42 pm

fizikz wrote:i c wut u did thurr.

...but seriously, where am i getting 5 points for reckoning? :(

I think any solution kind of has to assume that they're going to do something to help free up some of our points.
Jessiespano

Previous

Return to WotLK