Remove Advertisements

Itemization problem, please add your 2 cents

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Itemization problem, please add your 2 cents

Postby Dorvan » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:15 pm

It's already been lined on the forums here, but there's a tanking weapon in Naxx, and it's fast and therefore completely inappropriate for Tankadins

Please leave your comments for Blizzard:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 0&sid=2000

Thanks to Psiven for creating the topic.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Spiggless » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:18 pm

I was sad to see the fastness of that weapon... :(
Spiggless

Postby Griffonheart » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:20 pm

It seems that defensive weapons are still focusing on fast attack speed...

Question. Warriors too have attack focus on weapon damage but they're not limited to slow weapon as many proclaimed paladins should. I am no expert on warrior tanking so what is the difference between warrior's instant attack compare to ours, if they don't mind using quick weapons?
Griffonheart

Postby Vanifae » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:20 pm

I did my damndest to help.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Andox » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:23 pm

Great look, great colors and great stats. The only thing that isn´t great on it is the speed. However, I´d be happy if they made me able to turn in this item, along with another item, maybe a badge or some sort from a boss/trash/end boss that changed this sword to a sword with 2.8 speed. Much like the Sunwell turnins.

But for your theorycrafters. If they normalizized HotR, wouldn´t this be a good weapon? Or can someone explain why not?
Andox

Postby Norrath » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:24 pm

Even a normalized HotR greatly favors a slow weapon.
Norrath

Postby Io.Draco » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:25 pm

Look just wait for them to finish prot THEN whine about items :P
Io.Draco

Postby Ferrix » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Meh, to be honest, I really don't think blizzard will do anything about it. Even though HoTR favors a slow weapon, thats about all that really favors the slower weapon. They won't create a whole new set of tank weapons that are slow, because that goes against what they've been doing, and because if they didn't want to make Pally tank weapons before WOTLK, why would they start now? I think we're just going to need to suck it up and use a fast weapon, even if it isn't best for one of our abilities.
Ferrix

Postby Norrath » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Io.Draco wrote:Look just wait for them to finish prot THEN whine about items :P

We can only respond to what we have in our hands. If they are changing us to favor fast weapons, fine; they can ignore the thread. If they are not, however, it's an issue which needs to be addressed.
Norrath

Postby Ferrix » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:40 pm

Are there any other tankadin mechanics that favor a slow weapon?
Doesn't SoV favor a faster weapon?

Really its not a huge problem that needs to be addressed. Its an annoyance, an inconvenience but not something that will cripple us or really hurt us.
Ferrix

Postby Calder » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:42 pm

I don't understand why they don't make HotR do:
(d / WeaponSpeed) * 2.6

where d is the final damage you would deal with a normal swing including AP etc. This would make all weapons function as a 2.6 speed weapon, right?
Calder

Postby moduspwnens » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:43 pm

It's so disappointing that a weapon that is otherwise hilarious brings us such sorrow.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Norrath » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:44 pm

SoV doesn't favor a fast weapon, no. It'll stack faster, that's it. The proc is based on weapon speed.

It IS a problem. It's a problem paladins have had to deal with since TBC release. It's not one we want to continue to deal with.
Norrath

Postby Ferrix » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Comparing this to our current itemization problems is just a little dramatic. Currently, we cannot use tank weapons and maintain threat, we need to take spell damage weapons which tend to go to actually casters. We also have gear loaded with spell hit which we don't really need.

In LK, we can use a real tank weapon and still maintain threat, so we actually get the benefits of the tank stats. HoTR won't do as much damage as it possibly could, but it isn't so gimped that we cannot use it at all and can't hold threat with it.

Yes it sucks that our 51 point talent can't be used to its fullest potential without missing out on the stats on a real tank weapon. Does it prevent us from putting out a respectable amount of TPS?
Does it require us to get a whole new subset of tank weapons that benefits only us?
Really, if it turns out that it does become a huge problem and the small loss in threat keeps us from maintaining threat, there are simpler solutions then designing an entire subset of weapons just for us.
Ferrix

Postby Ausitn » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:56 pm

isnt that the model for the Sword of a Thousand Truths?
Ausitn

Next

Return to WotLK