Oh Politics....

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:05 pm

I care about getting rid of cars that make my life harder. If you want to talk about what's wrong with american manufacturing, look at chrysler. They have the WORST lineup of cars when it comes to fuel economy. Ford is second, and GM is making an 'effort' to hit 30 mpg. Why do I buy foreign? Because Japanese auto makers are making a concious effort to make cars that are more efficient. I have the privilege of driving a Toyota Echo back and forth to work. It's small, cheap on gas, yet I can fit my fam in it for a trip. I get 52 mpg out of it on my commute. That's right FIFTY TWO MILES PER GALLON. So..... 30 MPG from the most 'concious' car manufacturer the US offers, or 40+ from ANY Japanese company? Compare the 'high end' sports cars. RX-8 VS viper or even the SRT-4 Neon Lines. Rx-8 has the fuel economy that the others don't.

I don't know that Ford and GM are as bad as you make them in terms of fuel economy. The Focus hits 30mpg. The Fusion hits 30 on a stick. Ford also has the hybrid Escape that hits 30+ mpg. So where some of this information is coming from is beyond me.

Then you talk about the RX8 vs a Viper? You can't be serious in comparing a mild sports car to Dodge's king of the hill all out v10 monster. That's apples and bananas. They're meant to perform differently. How many 500+hp cars do you see out there that get 25+ mpg? Unless it's a Z06 or a high end Mercedes or BMW, none. And the RX8's fuel economy isn't that great. My 2001 Mustang Bullitt gets better gas mileage than an RX8. An SRT-4 doesn't get good gas mileage? Now you just sound like a confused person who just went on a rant and thought he knew what he was talking about. Oh yeah, an ass.

But can agree with you on the fact that Japan has been making fuel economic vehicles a lot longer. I did my final research paper for my bachelors on Ford Motors. It was a comprehensive overview of the company and their competition. Did a lot of research on Toyota and GM.

If you doubt me, here's a link: http://www.automobilemag.com/am/99/2009 ... index.html - RX8
http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrive ... ng_bgt.htm - Mustang Bullitt
http://www.acarplace.com/reviews/2003/srt-4.html - SRT-4 Neon
Losbullitt

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:11 pm

And the issue on gas, price started to go up noticeably late 2005. In 2006 I paid 2.68 a gallon in Oklahoma thru Indiana. When I left Indiana in August (2008), I paid 3.88 a gallon. Gas went over 4.00 in the summer as an average for the country.

One more thing, just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Gas prices vary from state to state. Cali and NY were already in the 4 dollar range long before the rest of the country. Montana and Wyoming (plus other backwater states) usually had the lowest prices, which could be as big a difference as 50 cents a gallon.

Did Bush cause this? No more than he caused 9/11. According to some analysts and professors, China and India caused an increase in demand which spiked the price of oil. On top of it, speculators (yes, the very same who tanked the economy in 1929) are inflating the cost of oil. What does this mean? Absolutely nothing to the American people. We want cheap gas now!

I agree with Thunderbyrd 110% about their choices. I support our troops.

NOBAMA 08.
Losbullitt

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Losbullitt wrote:And the issue on gas, price started to go up noticeably late 2005. In 2006 I paid 2.68 a gallon in Oklahoma thru Indiana. When I left Indiana in August (2008), I paid 3.88 a gallon. Gas went over 4.00 in the summer as an average for the country.

One more thing, just to make sure everyone is on the same page.

Gas prices vary from state to state. Cali and NY were already in the 4 dollar range long before the rest of the country. Montana and Wyoming (plus other backwater states) usually had the lowest prices, which could be as big a difference as 50 cents a gallon.

Did Bush cause this? No more than he caused 9/11. According to some analysts and professors, China and India caused an increase in demand which spiked the price of oil. On top of it, speculators (yes, the very same who tanked the economy in 1929) are inflating the cost of oil. What does this mean? Absolutely nothing to the American people. We want cheap gas now!

I agree with Thunderbyrd 110% about their choices. I support our troops.

NOBAMA 08.

Psh, your argument is filled with useless facts and sentences.

HALLIBURTON DICK CHENEY NO BLOOD FOR OIL FOX NEWS 9/11 TRUTH REPUBLICANS

Ha. Argument: over.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Khisvir » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Barathorn wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Barak is very good at performing speeches.

And lets face it, if you don't take notice of someone who can change into a bear then your are well and truly fecked.

Politically wise he just sided with Belgareth I thought?

Two thumbs up on that one.

Though I confess I preferred the Elenium and Tamuli series to the Belgariad and Mallorean series
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:17 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Psh, your argument is filled with useless facts and sentences.

HALLIBURTON DICK CHENEY NO BLOOD FOR OIL FOX NEWS 9/11 TRUTH REPUBLICANS

Ha. Argument: over.

Sir, you have fucked my mind. Thank you. :lol:
Losbullitt

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum