Remove Advertisements

Gonna try and tank first heroic tonight...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Gonna try and tank first heroic tonight...

Postby Flipthebird » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 am

How much spell damage is a good base for starting heroics?

I know right now mine is pretty low due to a low SD weapon...still working on KoT rep. for that continuum blade. Been trying to find the crystalforged sword on the AH, but all i'm finding is the crystalforged war axe, and I'm not really wanting to do the ogri'la quests to get the sword myself. And, as of right now, I have under 1k honor pnts...so the s2 gavel is slightly out of reach...

Anyways...I'll have wizard oil on...but, should I get any consumables that would up my SD until I can get a better weapon? Or, should I just wait till I get the weapon before trying the heroic?
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Postby Sederia » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:39 am

greater arcane elixir and a spell dmg food can help(I can never remember the name of the SD food as IF I need more argo I just spam more or give the dps the buff they actually ask for and not might/kings/wisdom :lol: )

what about SSO standings?, it's only a couple days of dailies to get revered
Seeker's Gavel is about on par with the Continuum Blade

Continuum is 0.5 faster and has +3 Int over Seeker's gavel
Seeker's Gavel has 0.3 more dps(lol), +3 spell hit rating and +9 Spell Dmg over the Continuum Blade
Sederia

Postby Flipthebird » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:58 am

thanks for the tip on the consumables.

And i just realized that revered is BEFORE exalted...ima noob...so im only about 4k rep away from being revered with KoT...guess I'll go do that first tonight...

thanks for reminding me about SSO...always forget about those lol.
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Postby mandm413 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:40 am

It took me a little over a week of doing the bgs to get the S2 mace but the others work fine to.

What I have found is it really depends on your group. I have good spell damage now (360ish buffed) and in PUG heroics I can still find myself having trouble keeping up with the dps and i'll look and they are all in purples. If you are in a group that is also just starting heroics you should be fine.
mandm413

Postby Sederia » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:40 am

mandm413 wrote:What I have found is it really depends on your group. I have good spell damage now (360ish buffed) and in PUG heroics I can still find myself having trouble keeping up with the dps and i'll look and they are all in purples. If you are in a group that is also just starting heroics you should be fine.

so true, the hardest time I had keeping aggro was with a BT+ Ret pally and shammy in group(omg damn windfury!)

was crazy

at about 300 SD non buffed now(so add greater arcane and wiz oil) and I got a bit suicidal at this point, I give the DPS might/kings/wisdom except shammys... , when they complain I tell them to earn it ... we all know what 'IT' is right
Sederia

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics