Am I undergeared for ZA?

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Am I undergeared for ZA?

Postby Fapman » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:32 am

This might sound like a stupid question, at least it does to me, but should I have problems tanking in ZA?

Allow me to explain: I have succesfully maintanked 3 of the 4 avatar bosses (I do adds on Jan'Alai ofc), so I would think that I am geared for the job. Having looked around voor 'requirements'/similarly geared people I think I fit the description for a ZA tank.

However, last night the healers (priest, shaman, pally) couldn't keep me up on Akil'zon. First try they let me die because of too many dps losses early on (without telling me omg).
2nd try i died, the other tank, a warrior in dps gear for the occasion was just under me in aggro, so he picked him up. They kept him up for 30% boss life (I only made 20 in full tank gear). So I got pissed at healing, turned out they only had the pally on me, priest still on warrior and shaman on raid. I told them to put priest and pally on me then and chainy on raid, so they said ok let's do that.
3rd try went a lot better, but still a lot of dps dropped dead, so i was last man standing at 2% (did LoH, bubble bandage, hp pot and got him down do a few k hp).
By then the gauntlet had respawned and we called it.

The same run (earlier) I tanked bear phase without problems, which I think should be a lot harder than the eagle.

After writing al this I figured out that this is more of a complaining post. But after a similar situation on lurker (me dying very easily), my self confidence is getting a serious beating. I mean, I know I can tank them, but I'm getting the feeling I am wrong and that my successes where more healer than my gear/skill related...

Could you please give me your opinion on this?

I am currently logged out in farming gear, but my sig is pretty accurate atm (only change is my all stam frying pan replaced by dawnforged defender)

Thanks in advance,
Fapman
Fapman

Postby niursz » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:22 am

edit: dont care about this post, i thought the stats showed on the armory were the right ones, my mistake
Last edited by niursz on Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
niursz

Re: Am I undergeared for ZA?

Postby Fapman » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:24 am

Fapman wrote:I am currently logged out in farming gear, but my sig is pretty accurate atm (only change is my all stam frying pan replaced by dawnforged defender)
Fapman

Postby wawel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:37 am

Fapman wrote:Could you please give me your opinion on this?

If we dont see your armory i think we can not :wink:
wawel

Postby Vasilissa » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:38 am

Healer issue. Your stats are more then enough to mt ZA.
Vasilissa

Postby Fapman » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:29 am

wawel wrote:
Fapman wrote:Could you please give me your opinion on this?

If we dont see your armory i think we can not :wink:

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/108496 this is me in boss tank gear (yesterday that is, finally got aldor exalted and new shoulder enchant)
Fapman

Postby wawel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:42 am

So i can say only that you are ok to MT/OT all ZA content.
wawel

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:51 am

Vasilissa wrote:Healer issue. Your stats are more then enough to mt ZA.
Also make sure dps wasn't being retarded. If you have too many people near you, you'll get that debuff. 70% of Akil'zon's spike damage is the debuff he applies on you. I've seen 10k-ish thunders on me because of that.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ldeboer » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:07 pm

Okay you are more than geared to tank ZA.

But your post posed me alot of questions.

1. too many dps losses early on

Why and from what? Usually the only things to kill dps is being lifted and dropped and then it by a bolt. Mages have slow fall and priest levitate so if they take damage from fall they are retarded other classes need to pot/hs moment they land.

2. turned out they only had the pally on me, priest still on warrior and shaman on raid.

Seriously the healers needed it explained that the warrior was going dps and he should therefore move to tank and the warrior is really to be treated just as part of the raid? WTB new healers with a brain!!!!

This sounds very much like a healer issues ... 3 healers and you are losing raid and tanks there is an issue?? Given your gear level if you healers are sort of equal they should be able to 2 heal eagle and bear boss.

I would suggest you do a few heroics with them so you can see them solo and see what the issue is.
ldeboer

Return to Zul'aman