Remove Advertisements

Magtheridon and Divine Shield - bug?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Magtheridon and Divine Shield - bug?

Postby Lonso » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:04 pm

So we finally get around to visiting Mag for the first time in over a month (WTB locks that show up). I'm tanking the first add, then helping round up infernals so they don't kill healers before someone can banish/fear them. Mag comes out, MT picks him up and I judge light and auto-attack for a few seconds before SoV. Once the adds are all down (all healers on MT, dps on Mag) I switch to JoW. I'm not blowing mana on Consecration, just SoV, JoV and Exorcism and leisurely staying above dps while leaving the MT a lead. Everyone starts getting bounced around by Quake, I find myself semi low on health and within Mag's cleave arc so I hit DS. What happens? Magtheridon turns away from the MT, who was still top on threat and no one was being bounced around any more, and starts hitting me. While bubbled. WTF? We end up wiping moments later due to someone clicking their cube and then getting thrown back.

We go again. All is good. I'm #2 on threat, again above dps but leaving the warrior MT a small lead. At 30% the ceiling falls in and I try to avoid taking this damage by hitting Divine Shield. I was too late but it didn't matter much -- I wasn't in any danger, just trying to spare the healers a bit since I was fine on mana. What happens? Mag turns around and starts hitting me, again while I'm bubbled. I moved into MT position and just tanked him the rest of the fight. Has anyone else seen this? It feels like tanking Netherspite where the red beam dictates who has aggro. I bubble and he turns to me regardless of threat.
Lonso

Postby Lore » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:21 pm

DS (and other immunity effects) have been glitchy for a little while. I have no idea what causes it, but it doesn't drop aggro sometimes, and seems to stay that way until the instance soft resets.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby benias » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:02 pm

Thats pretty awesome, kind of like a taunt or something :)

Weve had some wierd stuff on trash in SSC where BoP is only pissing mobs off more and they charge the caster. Not sure if its the same bug or if those bog lords have some wierd mechanics. Either way grats on the kill.
benias

Postby Demiblade » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:27 am

Dude, isn't that actually good? It is like an uber improved version of shield wall with 100% dmg reduction, auto taunt on even taunt immunes, with 5min cooldown nonetheless. They should make that bug a permanent feature imo.

Damn, come to think of it I would trade my ardent defender for that shiznit any day.
Demiblade

Postby Buldozer » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:54 am

I've noticed this with BoP mostly.

On Leotheras the other night, our elemental shaman was going a little crazy between phases and pulled a good amount of aggro after a whirlwind. I BoP'd the shaman and Leotheras stayed on him, the shaman started to run around and leo was just following him around with a BOP on.

It was actually kind of handy because the demon phase came before the BOP ran out.

This is a nice bug for DS, but not so much for BOP
Buldozer

Return to High King / Gruul / Mag