Remove Advertisements

Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Welcome

Postby Aergis » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:10 pm

This forum is a response to Gestalt / Zalkir's request to have a place to post constructive discussion about Paladin tanking, without all the BS of the paladin forums.

Please put your level / spec / server in your sig. Information on how to do that can be found here:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... php?t=3699

Before posting, please read the Code of Conduct here:
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... php?t=9555
Last edited by Aergis on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Eliel » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:04 am

Awesome. If this gets up and running, I'll definately spend some decent time here.

Thanks for creating a forum for this.
Eliel - 70 - Scilla
Maybe if you were smarter, I wouldn't need to be elitist.
Eliel

Postby Aergis » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:47 pm

Thanks. Now if we could just get people to come, it'd be much nicer to handle things here instead of the pally forums. Some stuff I'd post would most likely get past over there.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Waricelm » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:02 pm

If you'd like I can start working on a compendium of where to start grabbing some tanking gear in the 66+ levels if that would be of any help.
Waricelm - 70 Paladin, Magtheridon
Waricelm

Postby Aergis » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:28 pm

By all means please do. I've been working on mostly dodge gear lately and will the ones I've found reasonably easy.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Catarine » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:48 pm

Thanks for the forum!

I play Catarine, currently 0/45/14, on the Emerald Dream US server. I have tanked everything up to Old Hillsbrad, and I tanked all of the 5mans, UBRS and some of ZG prior to 2.0. I am in a dedicated/casual guild, meaning we work hard to raid, but only raid two nights a week.

I am working on a blog about tanking http://catarine.wordpress.com/

Things I will be doing include data parsing of various end-game zones. I /combatlog all of my runs (creates a text file of your combat log, which you can then analyze with a parser) and will be posting information on what bosses do what. I'll also just have general commentary on the life of a tank.

I just put a post together about getting some of the soloable protection-paladin quest rewards in Netherstorm which might be of interest.

I'll spread the word about this site. Hopefully it gets some traffic.
Last edited by Catarine on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catarine

Postby Baelor » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:52 am

I'll be trolling the forum here from work and add anything constructive I can.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Arcand » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:22 am

Huzzah, a forum where I can actually post! Blizzard's new software is pretty, but for me entirely useless since I can't log in 95% of the time.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Tanking resume:
Main-tanked every sub-70 instance except Auchenai Crypts.
Main-tanked Steamvault, Shadow Labyrinth, Black Morass, Botanica, Mechanar, Arcatraz, Shattered Halls.
Midnight, Attumen, Moroes, Romero.

All I got to do in the old world was 5-mans, Garr-ds and Executus elites. Oh, and the animal swarms in Zul'Gurub.
Last edited by Arcand on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:55 am, edited 5 times in total.
Arcand

Postby Baelor » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:01 pm

My current gear -
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#char ... m&n=Baelor

I usually log out in my tank gear.

I've tanked every normal 5 man in Outland except for Arcatraz (haven't had an opportunity), as well as main-healed most of them in the same spec. I hope to start doing heroic tanking soon.

I've even done a tiny bit of off-tanking in Karazhan (Moroes eating the blinds and taking when the tank gets gouged, 2nd tank for some trash on the way to Shade of Aran and Chess Event).

I'm not sure if raid level plate, even our tier gear, is ideal for us to tank in though. The public paladin forums are starting to get into my head - the non-set plate is nice, but our tier gear lacks some crucial mitigation.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Dreamcrusher » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:23 am

Hello friends!

I'm so glad someone took the time to get this running, I think it can be an incredibly valuable resource if it's utilized correctly.

I rolled BE pally when the expansion hit, with the intention of being the best healer ever... (Single target at least) and when I respecced Prot when I got my Sword of Omen, my fate as a tankadin was sealed. I just absolutely love the mechanics of paladin tanking. I've tanked everything up to and including Underbog so far, with no doubts about the rest of the 5-mans.

I can't wait to see how things pan out in the 10/25 man raids... It's going to be very interesting, to say the least.

As far as gear goes, I've got 448 defense, 12.53 dodge, 13.92 parry, 9.92 block, 9k armor and 6900 hp unbuffed. Still a long ways to go, but my healers greatly appreciate my OCD when it comes to getting tank gear.

Anyway, with that said, I look forward to furthering the Tankadin community with you guys.

Cheers!
<3
Dreamcrusher

Postby Armand » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:06 pm

Yes, just what I have been looking for! ;)
I'm a casual tankadin myself, so I haven't come very far yet, but the ambitions are there :)

Hope to see this forum blossom into a real resource site for tanking paladins, I give my thanks to you guys for taking the time to set this up.

Cya around ;)
Armand / 70 Paladin / EU Silvermoon
Armand

Postby Harod » Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:23 pm

Finally a forum for tankadins. This site has already been a help to me and i hope it will be a help for a lot more of our mostly rare kind of paladins.

By the way i'm playing on the europe realm kargath and by now i've tanked
most of the available five man instances, the ones missing are black morass, slave pens and sethek halls.

If anyone is interested in my current gear or specc just follow the link.
Harod

Postby Lorath » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:20 am

Grats on a great forum idea, and the material already in here is great :D
Hope to see this grow into a wellnourished forum with lots of great stuff, cheers!
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Aethelen » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:21 am

Great job! You're doing a great service to us paladins , marvellous site, keep up the good work!
Aethelen

Postby Aerillia » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:53 am

I agree, I'll probably be on here a lot =D
Aerillia - 70 - Darkspear
Aerillia

Next

Return to General