Remove Advertisements

Avenger's Shield missing a lot

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Avenger's Shield missing a lot

Postby Cadarn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:34 am

Hey guys, I successfully tanked my first heroic last night (SP) and other then being a bit undergeared it went smoothly. My one concern was the number of times AS missed. It seemed like a ton, and after the run I confirmed it on Recount. Out of 58 throws, it missed 7 or 10.6%. I know that's a small sample size.

I just want to know if this is normal, or if I had a bad string of luck. I've never missed that much before, but maybe it's worse on heroic? I do have 3/3 in precision, but no +hit on my gear.
Cadarn

Postby Sederia » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:48 am

I don't recall ever missing that much, but havn't done heroic SP :oops:

heroic Bot I missed like 4 in a row, I wanted to cry but that was it for the run iirc
thats with no +hit gear and I don't have percision
Sederia

Postby ulushnar » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:50 am

Mob levels in heroics are slightly higher, you'll find more in the 71-72 range than you will in a regular level 70 5-man. Of course you could be unlucky as well.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dendrah » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:55 am

Was going to say the same thing.
Dendrah

Postby Cadarn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 am

Ulushnar wrote:Mob levels in heroics are slightly higher, you'll find more in the 71-72 range than you will in a regular level 70 5-man. Of course you could be unlucky as well.

This is what I was worried about. I really hope it was just bad luck, because missing 10% of the time sucks when I have a seriously overgeared destro lock breathing down my neck :P

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll run it a few more times and see what the average miss rate turns out to be.
Cadarn

Postby caboom » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:21 am

I miss alot aswell but it still looks cool altho it misses alot xD

About the lock let him die couple of times then he'll learn, since u cannot do better he needs to tailor his dps to ur threat, unless he wants to swap roles ofc. Teach ur dps to act smart and u, as tank, will profit most.
caboom

Postby Cadarn » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:54 pm

caboom wrote:I miss alot aswell but it still looks cool altho it misses alot xD

About the lock let him die couple of times then he'll learn, since u cannot do better he needs to tailor his dps to ur threat, unless he wants to swap roles ofc. Teach ur dps to act smart and u, as tank, will profit most.

Thanks for the comment. I know what you mean about bad DPS, but in this case the lock was actually very good. I just don't like to hold the DPS back if I can help it. My main is a mage, so I know firsthand how frustrating it is if the tank doesn't have good threat.
Cadarn

Postby Aldar » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:31 am

Cadarn wrote:
caboom wrote:I miss alot aswell but it still looks cool altho it misses alot xD

Thanks for the comment. I know what you mean about bad DPS, but in this case the lock was actually very good. I just don't like to hold the DPS back if I can help it. My main is a mage, so I know firsthand how frustrating it is if the tank doesn't have good threat.

Usually if i pull aggro on my Mage/Hunter/Rogue/Shammy then i accept that and am willing to pay for repair's because i know it was probably my fault.
However if it keeps happening even when i hold back to the point of falling asleep half the time then i know it's a horrible tank.
I Went through hRamps one day on my Enhancement Shaman and the tank held aggro alright but we had a mediocre at best healer and the tank (pally) couldn't keep enough mana to hold constant aggro so i pulled and probably wound up dying 8-10 times that one run, maybe more. (I Had to leave to repair once and i think i was full dur. when i came in)
So yeah, it could be a couple things that keeps a tank from performing well but in the end it's their job to handle the situation to the best of their abilities. (which would include dropping the very poor healer and got something better)
You gotta know what to do and have the ball's to do it when it comes around.
Leveling as Retribution at the moment.
Aldar

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics