Remove Advertisements

Swapping toons during timed run

Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Malacrass, Zul'jin

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Swapping toons during timed run

Postby scritti » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:55 am

Can you swap a toon out during the timed chest events?

I have switched to my priest on the timed run since he is well geared and can two man heal. We had to swap in a druid tank for my pally which gives us a two druid tank setup.

Last night we had a hella time on gauntlet with that setup. Things just ran wild. I switch to pally (after the timer was toast) and we stomped it as usual.

With the group we have, we will never get four timed chests down. But we can get three. My question is can I swap to my pally to get through the gauntlet and then back again and not screw up the timed events?
scritti

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:21 am

The timer isn't bound to characters, so I don't see why not.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:23 am

The bigger issue will be whether or not swapping your characters around is actually going to save you any time.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby bigdunka » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:33 am

We usually run with a character or two on standby when needed, like a priest for the last two bosses when we don't have one in the main group, but those are usually after the timed bosses. The trick would be switching them out in a timely manner as you cannot Lock summon within ZA just for that reason.
bigdunka

Postby scritti » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 am

Thanks for all the responses.

Since we just need it on the gauntlet I will be able to roll in there once we down the bear boss. I think I can do it pretty quickly. It's really our only option right now without kicking someone off the run which we really don't want to do.
scritti

Postby Mex » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:26 am

Hrmmm I can't imagine why double feral druid would give you problems with the gauntlet? I've run it dozens of times with double warrior and warrior/druid.

Is it the birds that are problematic?
Mex

Postby scritti » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:38 am

The birds a little, the other adds more so. It seemed like we couldn't keep the protectors and winddudes on the furtank up front. The guys in the back were running up stunning some as well.

When I tank it we can get more separation between our group and the back guys because I can moved everything up quicker. Seems like the furtank just can't keep all those mobs on him.

Any ideas?
scritti

Postby Mex » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:15 pm

Open with maul + mangle on the mob to be DPSed, then commence swipe spam, mangling after every 3 swipes. When birds come, demo roar, then throw some swipes into them. They do bugger all damage, so make sure your mages / locks know that they don't have to AoE as soon as they arrive.
Mex

Postby sbeacher » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Considering there have been bear runs where we wiped and all had to run back (last pull of dragonhawk trash, someone left their totems up and the pat aggroed) and still made the timer it's entirely doable.

Will it actually help the run? Probably not.

It's been my experience that bear runs have more to do with the actual players and less to do with the classes.

We've gotten 5 bears and none of us have any t6 except a few people have the gloves. But we all have each done ZA dozens of times and know the pulls and fights very well and know what to expect on what trash and what to expect on what bosses.
sbeacher

Postby Marker » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:11 pm

If you use the pally up till Eagle boss is down, HS, relogg on priest, run in. Shouldn't loose much time on that, since the others will be runing back from eagle to bear. Just be sure to be buffed up before you log in standby mode. However it requires your tanks to be able to DPS/heal a fair bit for ealge trash + boss to make up for having 3 possible tanks in the raid at that time to, unless you want to make yet another swap... Sounds like it's gonna cause more grief than benfit imo..
Marker

Return to Zul'aman