Flames of Azzinoth tanking gear

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby samsara » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 am

Jensaarai wrote:It's easy as hell to get capped FR and close to uncrittable with a good amount of HP.

4 piece badge / torn heart / mag ring

364 FR, uncrittable with libram proc (or a few fractions of a percent off), and 20k+ HP.

You just gotta try hard enough and think outside the box ^_- resilience is your friend.

Allright, i managed to geht FR capped and uncrittable (as you see in the warcrafterlink) but how do you get the 20k+ hp ?

Would be cool to see a sandbox link, maybe i can switch some items to get more hp.

thx
samsara

Postby Vasilissa » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:41 am

20k hp? What for? I have 13.5k unbuffed in my fire res gear and it's more then enough. I'm the one tanking the "second" flame and my health never dropped below 60%.
Vasilissa

Postby Gildas » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Dorvan wrote:365 FR is what you need buffed. That's 295 completely unbuffed, or 260 unbuffed if you use a flask of chromatic wonder.

As for resilience, you need enough defense + resilience so that you've got a combined 5.6% crit reduction to be uncritable. 490 def/0 resil fulfills that...the more resil you add the less def you need.

So I am gearing up to potentially tank flames in a pinch. I am doing the math and I am not seeing the 25 resist from Mark of the Wild accounted for. Does it not stack or just an oversight?
Gildas

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Gildas wrote:
Dorvan wrote:365 FR is what you need buffed. That's 295 completely unbuffed, or 260 unbuffed if you use a flask of chromatic wonder.

As for resilience, you need enough defense + resilience so that you've got a combined 5.6% crit reduction to be uncritable. 490 def/0 resil fulfills that...the more resil you add the less def you need.

So I am gearing up to potentially tank flames in a pinch. I am doing the math and I am not seeing the 25 resist from Mark of the Wild accounted for. Does it not stack or just an oversight?

Doesn't stack with your aura.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby honorshammer » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:06 pm

I'm at 6.14% uncrittable which is 0.54% over what I need. What I don't know how to figure out is how much defense or resilience I can lose and not go below the 5.6% I need.

This is my current set but I'd love to get some more stamina or spell damage.

Head: Tankatronic Goggle with Honor Hold/Thrallmar Fire Resist Enchant.
Neck: Amulet of Torn Heart.
Shoulders: Lightbrinder Shoulderguards with the Exalted Aldor enchant..
Back: Wyrmcultist Cloak with Defense Rating enchant.
Chest: Inferno Tempered Chestguard with Defense rating enchant.
Wrist: Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx with Stamina Enchant.
Hands: Inferno Tempered Handguards. I have a +8 Fire Resist kit on it right now, but I'd love some way to rework things to get 2% threat.
Waist: Belt of the Guardian.
Legs: Inferno Tempered Legguards. I put a 40 stamina leg enchant on it trying to increase my stamina in my set.
Feet: Inferno Tempered Boots with Boar's Speed.
Ring1: Signet of Eternal Life.
Ring2: Sodalite Band of Fire Resistance. This should really be the Pheonix Fire Band, but I never did the original Tempest Keep attunement quests (Champion of the Naaru) so I don't have it. I found the Sodalite ring on the Auction House and picked it up.
Trinket1: Scarab of Displacement. Hydross the Unstable. I'd love to replacethis with my Crimson Serpent for spell damage and stamina, but I need it to be uncrittable.
Trinket2: Commendation of Kael'thalas. Weapon: Merciless Gladiator's Gavel.
Shield: Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall.
Libram: Libram of Eternal Rest.
honorshammer

Postby caboom » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:24 am

Honorshammer wrote:I'm at 6.14% uncrittable which is 0.54% over what I need. What I don't know how to figure out is how much defense or resilience I can lose and not go below the 5.6% I need.

This is my current set but I'd love to get some more stamina or spell damage.

Head: Tankatronic Goggle with Honor Hold/Thrallmar Fire Resist Enchant.
Neck: Amulet of Torn Heart.
Shoulders: Lightbrinder Shoulderguards with the Exalted Aldor enchant..
Back: Wyrmcultist Cloak with Defense Rating enchant.
Chest: Inferno Tempered Chestguard with Defense rating enchant.
Wrist: Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx with Stamina Enchant.
Hands: Inferno Tempered Handguards. I have a +8 Fire Resist kit on it right now, but I'd love some way to rework things to get 2% threat.
Waist: Belt of the Guardian.
Legs: Inferno Tempered Legguards. I put a 40 stamina leg enchant on it trying to increase my stamina in my set.
Feet: Inferno Tempered Boots with Boar's Speed.
Ring1: Signet of Eternal Life.
Ring2: Sodalite Band of Fire Resistance. This should really be the Pheonix Fire Band, but I never did the original Tempest Keep attunement quests (Champion of the Naaru) so I don't have it. I found the Sodalite ring on the Auction House and picked it up.
Trinket1: Scarab of Displacement. Hydross the Unstable. I'd love to replacethis with my Crimson Serpent for spell damage and stamina, but I need it to be uncrittable.
Trinket2: Commendation of Kael'thalas. Weapon: Merciless Gladiator's Gavel.
Shield: Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall.
Libram: Libram of Eternal Rest.

I can think you can safely replace your weapon and still stay uncrittable, also if you replace your shoulders with the merciless shockadin ones(should be easy to grind) you might get some more slack somewhere else, maybe in the trinket slot that you mention.
Also you might wanna consider the Battle-Worn Tuskguard since you should techinically get more stamina and defense out of it, than the tankatronics, not too much but still more. :P
Also there is this cloak : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31201
wich can give you more resist and stamina than the wyrmcultis one, but you either have to farm that specific mob or get lucky enough to find it at AH. :)
caboom

Postby Chryalis » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:26 am

So this seems to be an ok place to put this, but i just picked up pally tank cause ours left. After reading this thread and working on what i saw i wanted to get some opinions on where i stand, we just started working on illidan, trying to see what we can do before xpac.

im at 366 fr with fr aura, 386 def unbuffed, and 12,937 hp unbuffed. Slightly worried about my hp which is why i am asking.

Link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Chryalis

(hopefully link updates so u guys can see the gems and right stats)
Chryalis

Previous

Return to Black Temple