Having trouble with last boss in Underbog...

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Having trouble with last boss in Underbog...

Postby Cuthbert » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:47 pm

Hey fellas,

I've been tanking Ramps and BF and all the bosses of UB rather easy, only the last boss there, the black stalker, seems to cause me some trouble....

I tell the group to spread out, because of his Aoe Damage but still, once he flings me into the air, it will mean a wipe - even though i'd use my Ranged Aggro talents, from some reason when in the air it won't affect him!!

Any suggestions?

I'm not under equipped and i'm level 63.
Cuthbert

Postby mandm413 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:27 pm

I am pretty sure you can bubble out of that the first time he throws you in the air, if he does it again he should be far enough down that you won't wipe.
mandm413

Postby tagmir » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:16 pm

You can bubble out of it, but you can also cleanse it I believe.
tagmir

Postby BubbaBill » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:43 am

tagmir wrote:You can bubble out of it, but you can also cleanse it I believe.

UB is a favorite for my guild. Yes it can be cleansed. BUT if you do cleanse it he will hit you with a knockback WAY FAR. Usually this will result in either you being thrown out of the room back to the hallway and the encounter reseting or way out of Range/sight of your healer and somewhat disoriented. It is best to let him keep you in the air. You can cast instant cast spells up there and move around a bit like swimming. Judge when you up there "swim" as close as you can to him so that when you come down your in mellee range and taunt as soon as you land. This fight I've found is largely luck. Adds are unpredictable as is his levitate ability. Remember the encounter is easily reset by running out of the room the way you came in. If your getting into trouble or don't like the way it starts off. Run out, reset him and go again.
BubbaBill

Postby Rumpleminze » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:18 pm

It might just be luck but when I tank the black stalker in heroic as I enter her room there is some rock face sticking out on the left. I start there and head in on an angle from that rock sticking out to pull her. I hit SoR, pop my wings and shield toss and bring her over to me at that rock face but in her room. I instruct the group not to hit her till I have her there, turn her away from the group and judge righteousness and drop consecrate. I think only once has she levitated me there. I always down her on the first try doing it that way....like I said it might be luck but its working for me so I'm sticking with it. A good bit of this fight is also a dps race, IMO. Killing her fast before she does too many levitates which decreases the chance of the tank or healer being levitated. I never bubble out or cleanse the levitate when it happens because she always tosses me far out of range to pick aggro back up again. I just take the levitate if it happens and taunt her as soon as I hit the ground , judge and consecrate.
Rumpleminze

Postby ldeboer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:06 pm

It's all about the mushroom ..

2nd mushroom on left of the room you just fit under it ... wait for him to go towards back of room .. run in stand under it and pull .. you cant be levitated.
ldeboer

Postby majiben » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:24 am

I've always felt this fight about the dps and somewhat the healer. High DPS reduces the chance you will be targeted for the levitates. The longer this fight is the more chances there are for something to go wrong. Ranged dps is best here too becuase they aren't being hit by the chain lightnings and clean still dps somewhat while levitated. Hunters especially shine for this fight becuase they can still auto shot, use their pets, and buff the group with aspect of the wild. A strong healer can help too if your dps is taking a lot of damage.
majiben

Postby Evoluminare » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:47 am

ldeboer wrote:It's all about the mushroom ..

2nd mushroom on left of the room you just fit under it ... wait for him to go towards back of room .. run in stand under it and pull .. you cant be levitated.

Speaks the truth.
Quite an easy fight, if you know this spot.
Evoluminare

Postby Amirya » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:40 pm

mandm413 wrote:I am pretty sure you can bubble out of that the first time he throws you in the air, if he does it again he should be far enough down that you won't wipe.

Or do what I do.

Just laugh and say "Whee!" on Vent.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:46 pm

ldeboer wrote:2nd mushroom on left of the room you just fit under it ... wait for him to go towards back of room .. run in stand under it and pull .. you cant be levitated.

This. I haven't found that mushroom, but the one in the little alcove on your right (you can LOS him around the edge a bit) also works -- though sometimes he likes to reset.

If you don't get ported, it becomes a straight DPS burn scenario, with some AOE healing. He doesn't seem to hit enormously hard (probably balanced so that cloth/mail/leather can survive while you're levitated ;)). Find the place where you can stand and not get ported (I usu put the camera directly above me for this), and you should be good to go.
Kelaan

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics