SSC Tankadinship

Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Fathom-Lord, Tidewalker, Vashj

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

SSC Tankadinship

Postby Precio » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:09 pm

I'm the MT of my guild, though not the leader. We've been having trouble keeping members in the guild and keeping dedicated raiders due to the GM never being on. The more ppl, the better the raids go. We are going to down Lurker next week, and we have the hydross resist sets. I would just like to get a list of the ssc bosses in order of dificulty for a Pally MT and if I could MT every boss in SSC with little trouble. ( check my gear too plz )

ALSO. Every guide I look at for almost every boss fight says Warriors and Druids...Why do these bastards hate us?

PS - is 361 frost resist enough unbuffed? or do i need to flask up or use a void sphere?
12/14 Ulduar10 - 8/14 Ulduar25
Precio

Postby ulushnar » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:13 pm

Hydros: ok for a pally tank. Not amazing, but not bad.
Lurker: Average for all tanks.
Leo-emoboi: Fucking amazing for a pally tank. We're the only tank who can kill our inner demon easily without Windfury.
Tidewalker: EZmoad thanks to our superior uncrushability. But you'll probably be on trash.
Fathomlord: Boring whichever add you're on.
Vashj: no problems here.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Precio » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:28 pm

Like I said, Im the MT, there is a warrior almost equally geard, but he may leave, we have another pally tank with us who is my dad, so he can be on trash. I'm the boss tank. So with teh gear I im asking whether i should be good or not. I was told I could tank almost thru Hyjal with what i got. But I'm getting second guesses from Teh Site.
Precio

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:39 pm

You're wearing healing gear in your armory, so I can't tell you anything from that.

There's no boss in SSC/TK that pallys have a significant disadvantage for tanking, and outright have some advantages on quite a few of them.

Lurker is the easiest as he's just tank and spank.
Leo is pretty easy to tank, you just have to pick him up quickly after he whirlwinds.
Tidewalker is just tank and spank for whoever is on him, but he hits pretty hard, the add tank has most of the hard work here.
Hydross and Fathom Lord require either coordination or mobility, so they are a little more difficult.
Vashj is fairly easy to tank, but there's some mobility and add pickup to do in the different phases and she can also hit hard at times. This fight is FAR more about raid coordination than tanking though.

EDIT: 361 Frost Resist is probably sufficient, you'll want to flask with Fort. Check Hydross thread for the specifics of the resist gear and other details.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Precio » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:40 pm

So. Guild is now 1/4 TK, 2/6 SSC & 1/5 Hyjal. Kill order is as follows.

VR
Lurker
Hydross
Rage

Now. We do TK & SSC both during week. My question. I'm the best geared tank in the guild, so I'll most likely be needed as MT for fights.

TK: Al'ar or Solarian first?
SSC: Leo, Morogrim or Fathom Lord 1st?
Precio

Postby Extremity » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:04 pm

doesn't sound like you have the tanks for alar, so solarian
Extremity

Postby Precio » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:36 pm

There are 5 Tanks geared enough ( that show up regularly ) in the guild. We always bring 3 of those geared tanks and can usually bring more. We have the tanks, I'm almost sure, I just need to know, if I'm the most geared/skilled tank in the guild, should I move the guild to Solarian or try Al'ar.

ALSO. Which boss in SSC next? Leo, Fathom, Morogrim? Which 1.
Precio

Postby Dendrah » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:07 pm

I would say Morrogrim. Leo is also possible if you have the warlock to tank the demon phase.
For Fathom you have to pass Morrogrim or Leo so you better just kill them while you are there. Prevents you from clearing trash 2 times.

Also Solarian is way easier then Al'ar so take her first. I consider her even easier then Void reaver to be honest.
Dendrah

Postby Hailo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:07 pm

No doubt about it, Solarian is easier than Al'ar. I strongly recommend 5 tanks for Al'ar, though I think it is technically possible with fewer.

If you have a warlock with a fire set, then get Leo next. I have heard that it is technically possible for a hunter in FR gear to tank the demon phase, but I have not met a hunter who has actually done it. If you don't have a warlock with FR gear, you can do either Morogrim or Fathom-Lord next. We used to sneak past Morogrim to get to FLK; we'd just hug the left-side wall. That was several months ago, before we started killing him, and it may not work anymore.
Hailo

Postby Gatherion » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Hailo wrote:No doubt about it, Solarian is easier than Al'ar. I strongly recommend 5 tanks for Al'ar, though I think it is technically possible with fewer.

We do Al'ar with 4 tanks. 3 tanking Al'ar in both phases with a pally tank doing the adds in both phases. Not sure what the 5th tank would, 2nd tank for adds?
Gatherion

Return to Serpentshrine Cavern