Remove Advertisements

Dealing with movement problems on Felmyst

Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, M'uru, Entropius, Kil'jaeden

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Dealing with movement problems on Felmyst

Postby Io.Draco » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:38 pm

For those of you who killed Felmyst , I goota ask how did you guys deal with some people moving slower then others from encapsulate , beam and breath?
Io.Draco

Postby inthedrops » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:04 pm

Tell them they're reacting too slowly and asking them if there's something the raid can do to make it easier? If they don't have any suggestions and haven't "gotten the picture" then try to replace them.

As for real suggestions, try practicing. Have everyone get into their positions and ask them to spread out when called for it. And yell out "Group 3" or whatever you do when you're actually doing an attempt and a group gets encapsulate. Keep making everyone practice until they get it right. Then it's just a matter of people not waiting to be told to run and being ready for it themselves.

Do the same thing for breaths. Identify the slow people.

An alternative could be to use the strat that we use, which is one where no one runs away but instead everyone is in a separate group (4 ranged groups and 1 melee group) and you heal through it. But even then the healers have to by quick and everyone needs to eat their arcane/healthstone/health pot quickly. You can tell who is not eating their pots btw because they tend to die :) Pass out arcane pots for everyone in the raid so they have no excuse.

For the beam there is really no excuse. Just ask people to spread out while looking for the skull over your head and if you have the skull to do the right thing. The right thing does not equal standing there and topping people off with heals.

As for the smoke, I'm not sure what strat you are using but I like ours. We either run all the way south or all the way north. There is NO middle. When doing this, after the breath the raid tends to edge up close to the smoke just in case we have to run to the opposite side. If it turns out we don't need to move then we back away from the edge, see where the smoke lands, and then edge back up to it again. Basically, just make sure people aren't further back than they actually need to be during the breaths.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Re: Dealing with movement problems on Felmyst

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Io.Draco wrote:For those of you who killed Felmyst , I goota ask how did you guys deal with some people moving slower then others from encapsulate , beam and breath?

We stopped bringing them to raid.

Literally. Keyboard turners away.

If they are too slow on felmyst, they are lost cause for anything after him where movement is key.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:42 pm

Io.Draco wrote:For those of you who killed Felmyst , I goota ask how did you guys deal with some people moving slower then others from encapsulate , beam and breath?
They learn or they leave. Tree form is forbidden. If they don't have +speed on their boots/meta gems, they're doing something very, very wrong.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:03 pm

I remind our GM putting as requirement having movement speed increase. Talent, Enchant or Meta, you need at least one, no matter if you are tank, healer or dps.
90% of our guild put Boar Speed or Cat's Swiftness on boots, the remaining 10% (which includes me) has talents for it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Mex » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:47 pm

When I first tried to tout the advantages of minor speed to boots I was ridiculed and told that 12 stam was superior. At one point someone told me to stop posting "maths" and instead post some "facts" to support my theory.

These days almost everyone has come around.

For us, the Felmyst kill just "happened". We spent 2 nights wiping to her, yelling at people, then suddenly bam, she was dead. The next two weeks she wiped us again for a night each time, but recently we've been doing her nps.
Mex

Postby Elsie » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:52 pm

It's sort of amusing since movement enhancing effects have been useful since SSC and TK ...can't really think of anything particularly movement sensitive in kara except maybe prince.

Once you have the mass dispel down though movement should come fast or people replaced. Perhaps your guild isn't spread out enough in p1 or moving soon enough in p2? You don't have to butt-hug people in p1 for chain heal and circle of healing. Likewise you have to start moving pretty much when she begins hovering for the start of p2.
Elsie

Postby Thark » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:00 am

I still do a test run for encapsulate for new people or people in new positions. If someone dies to an encapsulate, unless they're low on health it's usually their fault. I give people a few chances. If you're dying, pop a healthstone or Arcane protection potion. If you're still dying wear a little Arcane Resist gear. If you still die, you get replaced.

A tip for most ranged players is that they can face where they should run. If Felmyst turns to their group, they don't need to worry about turning and can just run.

I've never had a problem avoiding breaths, even without a movement speed increase. It surely helps and I would recommend it though, but it's not an absolute necessity once you know the fight.
Thark

Postby Donjuan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:33 am

Yeah imo boars speed has always been the best tank feet enchant, unless you have improved poj post 2.3.
Donjuan

Postby Pelendralaar » Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:38 am

We require movement speed enchant or spec. Also anyone that dies running from encap owes the guild a arcane cauldron and gets the guild ranked of shame: Archimedes
Pelendralaar

Postby Arquine » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:57 pm

Worldie wrote:

We stopped bringing them to raid.

Literally. Keyboard turners away.

If they are too slow on felmyst, they are lost cause for anything after him where movement is key.

I'm a keyboard turner :( but I'm always the first to get out of it. Tell them ... l2 use Q & E button , l2 strave
Arquine

Postby PsiVen » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:22 am

l2WASD, Q and E are keyboard turning :P

To the OP: Yelling, mostly.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Arquine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:01 am

PsiVen wrote:l2WASD, Q and E are keyboard turning :P

To the OP: Yelling, mostly.

in the default setup Q & E are strave buttons. It's much more convinient than A & D anyway, don't get why you'd swap them as the 3 most used movement buttons are aligned togather.

our guild has this macro as well

/use major arcane resistance potion
/use master healthstone

...spam it during encap.
Arquine

Postby Tyaera » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:24 pm

Because if you rebind A and D to strafe, so that you can't even keyboard turn at all, and force yourself to mouse turn, that frees up two more keybindings in Q and E.
better to tank in hell than DPS in heaven
Tyaera

Postby Joanadark » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:16 am

To be honest, 90% of skill in this game consists of movement. Your ability to control your character is a massive element of what constitues your ability to function at a high level.
The other 10% is just paying attention.

We routinely deny trial applications due to poor movement. Its a fact of life in sunwell.

If you can't move with your mouse and know how to control your camera and have it prerotated effectively by now....
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Next

Return to Sunwell Plateau